• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Are you afraid of the dark?

thespectacularstorm

Mistress of the Elements

keep

home

the

about

light

roles

on

extra

• the end

is here

keep

home

♡coded by uxie, from the wonderful mind of dreamglow♡

Hello, this is a reboot of an old group concept I made in the past! I'd really love to do this with a smaller group than last time and spend more time with a real survival aspect! I'll make a discord if this garners enough attention and I'd love to see everyone have fun! I'll also be making another page with further information outside of the introduction. If there are any questions please feel free to ask away. I'll also put a mobile friendly version of this ad because I don't know if the code is compatible or not with phones. Thanks for giving it a read! Also thanks to my two pals miyabi miyabi and erzulie erzulie for encouraging bullying me into doing this!

ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?
Well, are you?

It's not the dark you should be afraid of, no, rather it's the things that thrive within it.

Welcome to Southfield, a cozy little town in upper Pennsylvania. Tucked away under the cover of dense forest and Lake Eerie not a far shot away. Everyone here is afraid of the dark, very very afraid actually. No one really knows when it started or how it came to be but they all held the same common thought, it's not safe here.

Once someone enters the area they can't escape as if there was an invisible force field that enclosed the entire town. It can't be seen, only touched by those on the inside as far as they know. The entirety of the town, full circle from ground to sky, is covered by the unknown invisible force so there is no digging a way out or helicopter rescue. Not only that but there is this thick fog-like mist that surrounds the town just past the outskirts that no one has ever seemed to get through. Anyone under the age of twenty typically returned back with no recollection of how they got there but anyone over that age was never seen again. It was said that happened after the meteor shower a few years back, others say it was because someone dug up an ancient curse, some even think it's all a government conspiracy. Nonetheless, the town has an air of mystery around it.

The civilians living here have barricaded their houses with metal plates, anything to keep the 'others' out. Everyone kept their houses well lit and completely secure from the outside at night as a precaution, which seems to have worked in their favor. After the grid went up and people started to realize no one could leave these 'creatures' started to appear. They thrive in the darkness and only come out at night since daylight harms them. They were physical beings from what people can tell considering they haven't run through walls into their homes. Still, that didn't mean they would stop banging on the walls and trying to break in every night.

"Don't go out at night."
"We have an early curfew here, don't get caught in the dark."

The townspeople would say to newcomers, hoping to save them from a gruesome fate. Some would take heed to the warnings given while others foolishly pay no mind to it and are never seen again. No one has seen the 'others' face to face to know what they are or look like. Those that have never lived long enough to tell anyone, their bodies completely taken away into the darkness. All anyone knows is don't get caught out in the dark.

So will you venture out into the nightmare? Or will you bide time for a hopeless end?

JOBS
Saviors - They go out and look for clues, loot, and secure new areas. It's the most dangerous 'job' to have in the town since they can spend nights beyond the sheltered walls in the residential area. They know the risk when they signed up for the position but for the sake of the group, they carry on. It's easier to go in small groups than large ones with this occupation or you'll attract what lurks around them.

Bloodhounds - They are the protectors of the group. They are the ones who keep everyone in line by enforcing the 'laws' that were set in place. They perform house checks, ensure everyone is safe and secure, and are the only ones allowed to openly carry weapons. All of the hounds report directly to the council and answer to them. Their primary objective is to keep the peace so try not to let the power go to your head.

Babysitters - They are the regular, everyday, run-of-the-mill survivors. The people who do the cooking, the cleaning, and keeping all the little ones out of trouble. Most of them do general tasks such as 'medical' care, gardening, organizing supplies, and keeping morale high. Most people who are too afraid to go out and do the dirty work fall into this category.

BREAKDOWN & RULES
1. Everyone is an average civilian under the age of twenty-two. Everyone over that age has died. Make your characters unique and interesting but try not to go overboard, know what I mean? I'll love everyone regardless. That being said I'd like for all members (muns) to be 18+ due to the nature of this rp and the more mature/violent themes. If you're uncomfortable with gore, character death, and horror then this might not be the group for you. Follow all rpn rules but that was the warning.
2. NO ONE GOES OUT A NIGHT. Unless you want your character to die of course~ Character death is always a possibility if someone wishes to explore that; or if they have it coming. If not, then the curfew is at 6pm so no one gets caught in the darkness. It stays in effect until 8am. Characters with certain roles/permissions (like saviors) are allowed to remain outside after curfew but they are at their own risk.
3. Please don't make posts back to back. There will be times with free posting and times when it's one per round. Typically though two per round is acceptable unless otherwise stated, I don't really care. Pretty much keep posting courtesy in mind until I state specifically for an event that it is one per round. Also in your posts please include a name, location, and who you're interacting with so people don't get mixed up with things. I'll be keeping track of the days and times in my posts.
4. While the townies all know each other in some way, you all are new. Some of you may have come together and know each other (you all can work that out amongst yourselves) and most of you will know no one. You don't have any recollection of how you got here or what's going on. Only that you're here now and everything/everyone is weird. If you’d like to be a townie please me ask first.
5. The character limit is three. If you want more then just ask me. I'd advise you not to take more than you can keep up with but you already know that because you all are smart~ I also advise you to keep a spare in case your character meets an untimely death. You'll know you're accepted when I like your post and invite you to join us. I'll only be accepting about 10 players (muns) based on what characters they created I feel better fit the story.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

shawty got a big ol' brain!!!

Hello baybees!! The character sheets are LIVE now! I'm going to go ahead and make the deadline for them to be completed (or at least your first character if you plan on making multiple) July 17th. So that's exactly 2 weeks from today. If people finish early then obviously we'll start earlier than that but I'd like for everyone to be on the same page. I'll be working on the discord today as well so I'll send another announcement to tag everyone when it's ready. All links can be found in the interest check last page as well. Thank you for your patience ♥️ We are still open and accepting members as well so if you have friends you wish to invite by all means!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back