• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern are you afraid of the dark?

Yunn

[class=contain] width:60%; margin:auto; font-family:Times New Roman; font-size:52px; line-height:12px; [/class] [class=text] font-size:18px; line-height:14px; font-family:Tahoma; text-align:justify; border-top:6px solid black; [/class] [class=tabs] line-height: 1; margin:auto; text-align: left; width:100%; border-top:6px solid black; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; font-family:Tahoma; [/class] [class=tab] cursor: pointer; background:white; padding: 2px; width:auto; height:auto; line-height:12px; font-variant:small-caps; margin-left:20px; float:left; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} THE-TREASURE-HUNTER) (show tabsContent1) if (eq ${currentTab} THE-EXORCIST) (show tabsContent2) if (eq ${currentTab} THE-DIVINER) (show tabsContent3) if (eq ${currentTab} THE-MEDIUM) (show tabsContent4) if (eq ${currentTab} THE-LUCKY-ONE) (show tabsContent5) if (eq ${currentTab} THE-CATALYST) (show tabsContent6) [/script] [class=c1] height:200px; line-height:18px; font-size:18px; font-family:Tahoma; [/class] [class=box1] width:49%; font-family:Times New Roman; font-size:52px; line-height:12px; float:left; [/class] [div class=contain]

01//are you afraid of the dark?

[div class=text]the town of heshun is a small village with over ten centuries worth of history. the population just under ten thousand with the majority being the elderly while most working-age adults find better jobs located a couple kilometers away in the city center of yunnan, china. while not being secluded from the outside world or the latest advancements in technology and medicine the town still manages to preserve old traditions and culture.

however, with the passage of time stories and folk tales of the ancients and belief of superstition is dwindling. people slowly began to forget what secrets lie within the small town. it was in this town they had gathered and uncovered the hidden truth behind the strange happenings that happen within the town, their background, and themselves.

they were in their second year of middle school. during this time the students are all on their chinese new year holiday. as most children were from the village many spent their time playing within the village while some had a family vacation to the city. no matter what they did with their time they all made sure to come back in time for the annual lantern festival in town.

that day the cold night was suppressed by the warmth brought by the brightly lit lanterns. nearly everyone in the village gathered within the temple's courtyard, eating food, playing games, and praying for good fortune. it was on that fateful day did their fates intertwined.
[/div]

02//characters

[div class=tabs] [div class=tab]THE[div style="visibility:hidden;display:inline;"]-[/div]TREASURE[div style="visibility:hidden;display:inline;"]-[/DIV]HUNTER[/div] [div class=tab]THE[div style="visibility:hidden;display:inline;"]-[/div]EXORCIST[/div] [div class=tab]THE[div style="visibility:hidden;display:inline;"]-[/div]DIVINER[/div] [div class=tab]THE[div style="visibility:hidden;display:inline;"]-[/div]MEDIUM[/div] [div class=tab]THE[div style="visibility:hidden;display:inline;"]-[/div]LUCKY[div style="visibility:hidden;display:inline;"]-[/DIV]ONE[/div] [div class=tab]THE[div style="visibility:hidden;display:inline;"]-[/div]CATALYST[/div] [/div]

[div class="tabsContent tabsContent1"][div class=c1]
in the past treasure hunters were no more than mere grave robbers. with time the occupation has gained more prestige within the community and has been recognized in their efforts of uncovering secrets within the ancient era. he was from one of the renown families within the circle until an incident occurred with the head of the family, his father, and his mother had disappeared on an expedition. with them gone and him still being young the family's power declined. in the end, a retainer of his father had taken him to the town of heshun to go into hiding from those who are after the family's treasures. taken
[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContent2" style="display: none;"][div class=c1]
born into a prestigious family known to expel evil since ancient times. even with its history, the family has never fostered such a genius. however, such geniuses were always given tribulations by the heavens. failing to overcome their tribulation the exorcist has recently transferred to heshun town to recuperate and test their fate hoping to receive answers on how to overcome their inner demons.
[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContent3" style="display: none;"][div class=c1]
an orphan. when they were just born they were left in front of the temple's gates. since then the one monk which resided and took care of the temple has taken them in hopes of nurturing a successor as well as a companion on the path of the tao and buddhism.
[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContent4" style="display: none;"][div class=c1]
it hasn't always been like this. at least that's what they think. they only remember seeing such abnormalities when they were seven. that or maybe during their childhood, they weren't able to make out a distinction between what was living and those who were not.
[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContent5" style="display: none;"][div class=c1]
their life has always been smooth sailing. whether its background, family, genetics, wealth, there was nothing to complain about. not to mention they just seem to have everything go the way they'd like, until they had their fortune read by their grandfather's trusted clairvoyant. the results were a short perilous fate. as urged by the clairvoyant the lucky one was sent to heshun town by their grandfather in order to change their fate.
[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContent6" style="display: none;"][div class=c1]
they always seem to be on the short end of the stick in life. misfortune likes to stick to them, literally. without them knowing they attract all sorts of potential dangers. generally, they brush it off as being unlucky but this time they had got into a mess they can't get out of alone.
[/div][/div]

[div class=box1] 03//rules

[div class=text] 3.1 // follow all rpn rules
3.2 // discord is a must for occ
3.3 // primarily will be realistic east asian fcs.
3.4 // the rp will follow posting order and i will require 1 post with a minimum of 2 paragraphs a week.
3.5 // if interested or have any questions please comment below
[/div] [/div] [div class=box1 style="margin-left:10px;"] 04//tags

[div class=text] krp // supernatural // folklore // ghosts // maybe horror // age progression //
[/div]

05//links

[div class=text] main ic // characters // occ
will add them later [/div] [/div]

[/div]

Last edited:
my interest depends solely on whether or not i can play a character not of east asian descent. it is in no way because i would dislike playing someone of that descent- it is that I much prefer to play characters of my own cultural background [or at the very least strikingly similar]. i don't feel it's my place to do otherwise.
i do love the concept of the rp, it is greatly intriguing~

edit: that all being said- I am really interested in the role of the diviner. I think it could fit her well~

Last edited:
my interest depends solely on whether or not i can play a character not of east asian descent. it is in no way because i would dislike playing someone of that descent- it is that I much prefer to play characters of my own cultural background [or at the very least strikingly similar]. i don't feel it's my place to do otherwise.
oh i put most characters to be of east asian descent due to the setting of the roleplay. its understandable to play with a character you're more familiar with, and it could add a nice contrast too the roleplay. with that being said i'm not too strict about the fcs as long as there is a proper backstory of how and why they are there in the first place. the only role i'm keen on being east asian is the exorcist primarily due to their familial background needing to be closely related to fangxiangshi/chinese exorcists.

this is so creative?? definitely interested !! i've got my eye on the medium role hehe

OOoo The catalyst position looks fun. Also I too am partial to being a character outside of the east asian descent, but am not opposed to otherwise.

i'm very interested! c:

edit: that all being said- I am really interested in the role of the diviner. I think it could fit her well~
this is so creative?? definitely interested !! i've got my eye on the medium role hehe
OOoo The catalyst position looks fun. Also I too am partial to being a character outside of the east asian descent, but am not opposed to otherwise.
i'm gonna put in my interest too! currently eyeing the lucky one!
i'm interested in playing either the medium or the catalyst!
Definitely want the exorcist role, this sounds really neat
I CANT DECIDE BETWEEN THE DIVINER AND THE CATALYST

ok yall i know its probably a bit late but if yall are still interested i've finally made the occ and cs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back