Other Do you ever have a feeling that your roleplay requests are viewed by a lot of people?

The maximum viewing people I've achived is about 13-14 people. With 30 views maximum.

I'm starting to think I'm famous at this point.

Not especially my roleplay request thread is locked away never to see the light of day.

Yes but nobody is interested in my rps so... I don’t do it much anymore, trying to recruit people or even making them.

Last edited:
Dont think I have ever really checked to be honest. I have had search threads that get multiple replies quickly but I am pretty sure that was dumb luck.

Maybe a little, hence why I'm a bit intimidated when making them. I remember posting a thread, going to brush my teeth, and coming back to like 3 interested people and 18 current viewers. Was a bit spooked before I headed straight for bed lol.

I use the same thread every time and just change the title and contents. Meaning that I've got a LOT of views and it always looks so funny.

I thought my plots were like.. Neh, but when I came back to the forums I saw.. Like 12 people viewing my interest checks!
Some forums I posted today reached to like 50 views - 20 views..

Am I famous XD? New record for me. Because I'm like 2-3 days old here.

If you've just created the interest check, people don't know what's in it yet. They want to know all the juicy details before they make their decision.

Not just.. That was about 10-20 minutes ago.

Maybe a little, hence why I'm a bit intimidated when making them. I remember posting a thread, going to brush my teeth, and coming back to like 3 interested people and 18 current viewers. Was a bit spooked before I headed straight for bed lol.

Hah! I can imagine that. That's for sure.

Some people have just started checking the site today, and others have just woken up. They might scroll down to the bottom of the main page and take a look at the Newest 1x1 Interest Checks. That sort of thing.

There are still plenty of folks who haven't seen your interest checks yet, so you're sure to make an impression on a lot of people over the next few hours.

Heh! Yeah.. I'm gonna make a very good impression honestly.. It probabaly takes like an hour or so to see the actuall good responses.

So, Fyuri here with some viewer facts! Viewers of a thread aren't always what you think. A small percentage of them are spider bots, basically they are bots that crawl through the posted content to add them to search engines like Google, Bing, etc. They generally fall under Guest viewers and appear with new posted content.

Users are indeed users who are actively logged on the site and have viewed the thread, however they will be counted there for an hours time, even if they were only there for 1 second. This means while it may appear 30 people are currently viewing a thread, the actual number is much, much lower because a percentage of those users have already come and gone.

When you post a new recruitment thread it gets some front page screen time which can attract users who are simply curious. Generally recruitment will always get quite a few lurkers who check it out which is a good thing since it increases the chances of finding someone to RP with. :3

The highest number of viewers I have ever seen on any one thread (not just my own) since I started paying attention is 9. There are threads on the first page of Dice whose last post was nearly three months ago. Starting to feel like this site is a ghost town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back