• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Are 'conversations' private messages?

fAlLiNgFrOmGrAcE

What's a thousand minus seven?
Another stupid question by moi, but I've been a member for over 24 hours now and have done way over 10 posts but I can't see a pm option. Are conversations private messages?

iAmKira said:
Oh and if they are private messages, how does one go about starting a conversation?
Yes Conversations are private messages.

You go to your inbox and click on start conversation or you do it from someone's profile.

The system will take a while to notice that your account has surpassed the new user restrictions. Just be patient. A conversation is the equivalent as a private message as Wizard has said.

Also, I'm not sure when you joined (it just says "yesterday") but you'll need to have been a member for 24 hours, plus the update time Musician mentioned.

The system will take a while to notice that your account has surpassed the new user restrictions. Just be patient. A conversation is the equivalent as a private message as Wizard has said.
how long does it tend to take?
it says i've done seven messages but i've written well over seven.

how long does it tend to take?
it says i've done seven messages but i've written well over seven.
I've noticed some of your messages were in #forumgames and Profile Posts. Those messages don't count towards total post count, so that would explain why you saw less posts than you actually posted.
Either way, you already have the necessary post count to use all form features.

I've noticed some of your messages were in #forumgames and Profile Posts. Those messages don't count towards total post count, so that would explain why you saw less posts than you actually posted.
Either way, you already have the necessary post count to use all form features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back