• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ArchSoulAcademy: The Beginnings

Gabriel was surprised to hear that Arang was part of the shadow people, " I believe I've heard of the shadow people before, only rumors but now that I've met you it seems the rumors were true, interesting." he said with his eyebrow raised, "Well as for me I can't really say I was too bad off from the beginning, I had a wealthy family, mom and dad were loving, and we lived in a nice big house, and we lived happily blah blah blah. None of it felt of any substance to me, I mean sure I had just about anything you could ask for at the snap of a finger but MY GOD is that boring. I mean I used to stand on my balcony ledge and just look out at everything and I felt a lingering desire for more." Gabriel said with a tiny of anger and monotone disappointment, "Its kinda strange really, a boy who in some respects had the world in his hands, but wanted more. Almost poetic don't you think? " he asked as he turned to Arang.
DizjayDeathPride DizjayDeathPride

Kaden was happy to see that Killgore andNova liked eachother, but he was more surprised by Nova asking him to move in with her," sure I'm fine with that, since I'm your partner and weapon I guess it's my duty to protect you so I think it's probably be that I do. But as regards to the team situation it's probably best that if we are going to make a decently big team it should be filled with a variety of people to cover each others weaknesses." Kaden said as Killgore came and sat on Kaden's lap.
Noivian Noivian

Marcus woke up slowly, stretching out the aches of yesterday. After clearing his eyes he noticed that he was in a room unfamiliar to him, as he looked around he saw William laying in a bed across from him. Marcus decided to wake him up, " Hey Will wake up, I think we've got a job to do. " Marcus said as he got out of bed and realized he was wearing a blue robe for some reason. " oh god dammit I hate blue, man this is great. " He said as he facepalmed in frustration.
Will_0121 Will_0121

(Meanwhile in the hallways Sir Jeremiah, Brutus, and Valyria were walking to the lounge)
" My those were some promising students don't you guys think? " Jeremiah asked the others as he was putting his hair up. " Yeah they were, all of them had such cool abilities and moves. I think that Nova girl was pretty neat if you ask me." Valyria responded "Indeed she's quite talented especially with her partner coming at the last minute. However, I think that either Arang or Harlow was more impressive." Jeremiah said with a cheeky smirk, seeing this Valyria got frustrated, "uuummm no I believe that Nova showed much more grace and quick thinking then Harlow. " " let's look at what happened, there was a danger they both had to face and everytime that Nova tried to throw Harlow 'under the bus' so to speak, she came back and managed to counter back almost immediately. So those are the facts shorty. " Jeremiah said with a snarky tone. Valyria grew even more angry.

"You want to fight Kingslayer! " Valyria responded with her hand curled into a fist and glowing," Bring it Tree hugger!" Jeremiah said as he summoned a sword into his hand. Finally having enough of it Brutus turned around with a stern look on his face, containing his rage lest he destroy the hallway, he walked over to the two. Towering over both of them he simply said, " Stop. This. Now. " when Brutus spoke both Jeremiah and Valyria looked at eachother and laid down their arms. Once they did they all continued walking together silently for a while, until Valyria asked Brutus. " Who was your favorite during the tournament Brutus?" " I'm sure it was that menacing Marcus boy, he took out 5 advisories all at once with nothing but his bare hands. Though he probably would have gotten the job done faster if he had used one of my illustrious weapons but can't be helped now. " Jeremiah said interrupting Valyria, " I didn't ask you idiot, besides that boy ended up in blue where he belongs, that Kaden did much better against an opponent several times his size and dealt with him faster. Now shut up and let Brutus speak dumb ass. " she said still frustrated from earlier.

Brutus was becoming more and more annoyed by the others,
"I see them all the same, they're all piles of dirt that I'm going to mold into steel. That's how I see them all, nothing more nothing less. " He said softly but with authority. Though he did think that for what they all did during the tournament he was impressed , 'these kids may just prove me right.' Brutus thought to himself as they all continued walking letting a very slight grin show on his face.

AnthonyWrath AnthonyWrath

Coming from the lounge was the sound of the similar argument.
-And I'm telling you youre wrong, Eliot.
Furjin. No. I don't care about quick wit, I care about results. And the only one who managed to take down all of his opponents was Borrus.
Eliot, You only think this because all you care about is power, abilities, not about their actual growth!
You just have a sensitive spot for mortals.

Jeremiah, Brutus, Valyria!
Professor Elibard noticed the trio enter and he brought them into the argument. Do you think Borrus the Rage Demon was the best contender? Did you know Headmaster Istin upped the people into his class to three from this tournament? That girl from the Sand Nova, The Shadow Walker Arang, and Allison the reanimated vampire freed from control of her own accord. What do you think his endgame is?

Sitting on the couch Sarralin Baker sipped from a soda can. Theyre just going to fail and die like the rest. No one has passed Z since 4720. The real question is who dies first.

Arang wasn't surprised by his partner's lifestyle. People that have it all always want more. The Shadowscape is much more humble. Few multistory buildings. Hard to build with your hands. We're here

Arang and Gabriel made it to an empty courtyard. There were a few stone benches to relax on, colorful flowers growing around the grass field. But it was about half the size of the average football field. It was designed for training or sparing

Arang turned to Gabriel and walked backwards creating space between them.
Ill show you my power first. See how it relates to your abilities you experienced in the tournament. Black smoke rose from Arang's feet. If you could see under and behind me, I burned my shadow away, making it a malleable substance. There is a weakness to this ability few know. Once a shadow has been burned it cant be returned. Luckily the sun or darkness creates shadows all around. But trapped in light, we only have one shot
With this I have only been able to blind my enemies in a darkness fog, or bind it to their shadows in order to paralyze them or burn theirs.

Arang let the shadow go and walked over to one of the benches. He demonstrated what it was like to take another shadow and his returned.
I can also enter the Shadowscape for a sort of teleportation. I can only go places Ive been, and the shadow I exited must be nearby. Like a tree does not move, but if it is cut down in its place a house was built then Id be unable to return to that location unless I physically go back. On my sides are dual daggers made of obsidian. So is the Katana on my back.
So... How can we combine

Nova
Status | Fine
Location | Infirmary Room
With | Kaden
Tags | AnthonyWrath AnthonyWrath

(Scroll)

Nova nodded, mostly to herself. Naturally, a leader would try to cover all their bases. "So since we're more or less a melee combo, it'd be a good idea to pick up someone who can handle some range. I don't have anyone to fill that role permanently, but I have an idea for someone who could temporarily fill that role." Giving a knowing grin that could all but tell Kaden who she was thinking of, Nova offered her hand to help him up, as well as solidify their partnership.

Nova nodded, mostly to herself. Naturally, a leader would try to cover all their bases. "So since we're more or less a melee combo, it'd be a good idea to pick up someone who can handle some range. I don't have anyone to fill that role permanently, but I have an idea for someone who could temporarily fill that role." Giving a knowing grin that could all but tell Kaden who she was thinking of, Nova offered her hand to help him up, as well as solidify their partnership.

"Hey Will wake up, I think we've got a job to do"

Will woke up in a small room with 2 beds (obviously the ones that him and Marcus slept in). Will jumped out of bed and started stretching. As he was doing this, he observed Marcus as he seemed to cringe at the colour of his robe. "Good morning Marcus" he said as he studied his own robe "Ughhh, I'm not a big fan of blue either" he said, disgusted by the colour choice of the academy. "Anyways, what have we got to do, and what is this card we have in our robes?" Will asks as he holds up a card he had just found in one of the pockets where he was trying to find a map, or anything that might be of use. Studying the card closer, Will found something "Oh, look at this" Will said, handing the card over to Marcus to have a look.

Dean Hellen wondered the halls of ArchSoul. He needed to become familiar with the layout. The possible retreat lines, how the BlackSuits could retaliate, where he could store bodies until he was able to 'properly dispose' of them.

His footsteps were silent. He walked past the students smiling. He woke up too late to practice the abilities he saw at the tournament. No loss, he could still seduce whomever he wanted.... if they were weak willed. Working on stronger willed people would take more time, more romance. He hasn't been able to crack indominable people. But being here, he would have even the most indomitable around his finger

He noticed Zaphkiel and Zelophehad slip into cafeteria to eat. It was unlikely anyone would use their abilities so it was pointless to be around, though socializing would help build 'friendships.' He too went go get himself a bite to eat. And maybe lure an exceptionally powerful lady to join his bed tonight.

NPC
Andrew Douglass- Raguel
Partnered with Zimmerman
4d1eadd7a4f987503eaac73a3f25ece9.jpg

Douglass tore into a t-bone like an insatiable monster. In contract Zimmerman gently forked his salad. "Why must you eat like that?" "Why dont you want to nourish your body? Explains your form."
Zimmerman sighed and let it go. He looked at Andrew's shotgun laying on the table. With his glasses form Andrew could zoom in the shot to pinpoint accuracy. A rifle would do much better with his ability, but shotguns were very powerful. A rifle with the force of a shotgun, or a shotgun with the accuracy of a sniper. An interesting combination.... "Hey Andrew... I have a question... Can you use any other guns?" "Of course, they're my passion. But shotguns are my favorite. The spread compensated the range." "But together range is irrelevant... So you need power, huh?" "You're getting it. I thought about bringing more from my personal arsenal, but something told me I wouldn't need it even for the tournaments. Besides, we'll probably find more guns along the way. Imagine an assault rifle." "Oh, God!" The two laughed and continued their meals

Marcus walked over to Will and looked at the card and quickly pulled his out one from his robe pocket just like it." Oh yeah that's the mission statement, we're going north to capture an ice demon. It's a long ways away so we'd better pack up and get ready, we got a week from now to do it. " Marcus said as he patted Will on the back and sat on his bed waiting for Will to be ready.
Will_0121 Will_0121

Kaden took Nova's hand and got our of bed, he stretched out and put on his robe. " Alright partner let's get started partner just tell me what we need to do. " he said as Killgore jumped on up and wrapped himself comfortably around Kadens neck.
Noivian Noivian

Gabriel clapped as he saw Arangs powers in action, " Wow that mighty impressive if I may say, see as for me my abilities are a bit more whimsical if anything. I can create dreams and nightmares for others, I can send their minds into an unconscious like state while their outside body is paralyzed. Once I send them into said state they enter my world, "The Room" so I call it. Anything I want to happen in The Room becomes real to them in their minds, they are totally under my will and mercy. All I have to do is simply touch them or even... Look at them." Gabriel said as he widened his eyes and looked right at Arang, in that instance both his and Gabriels mind were transferred into The Room, The Room was a vast colorful copy of the landscape they were standing at in the real world. The sky was full of swirling spiraled clouds that glowed a mix bright green, purple, and black. " You wanted to know what my power was, well take a look at just what I can do."

"I do think that they will pass, these kids show good potential so I don't think we should undersell them. They may just surprise us yet." Sir Jeremiah said as he sat down in the couch in the lounge. Valyria plopped down on the other couch not wanting to be next to Jeremiah, Brutus sat next to Jeremiah not caring very much about who will pass or fail, "Im just going to try and get some shut eye before we have to start class so I don't mess these kids up too bad when training starts, so all of you just let me be till then." Brutus answered with a slightly aggressive and annoyed tone before closing his eyes and relaxing.

Arang slowly prepared himself while Gabriel explained his powers but he was still rendered speechless when they entered The Room. He stared at the swirling sky. Hours could have past with how silent Arang was. He was remembering his father's abilities. They were similar to The Room, but his father couldn't change the environment. It was a torture room, or more like a chamber. All of the tools imaginable... His father's actions in the mind manifested on his victim. Finally Arang spoke as his father's weakness came into mind. Your body, our real bodies out there. Can either of us move?

"Well don't get too comfortable. Nothing too different. Random powerful kid orphaned who could be powerful, collecting a mysterious animal, adding to defenses, and recovering a lost artifact. Standard mission times. Its been about.... Thirteen hours now. I suspect most of the students are awake. They should be leaving soon. He never makes it clear about the mission too. Remember last semester? That red coat that found the notecard in their pocket 3 hours before the Academy begins? Because she 'never uses her robe pockets.'

Most of the teachers silently agreed. A lot of students would end up not finishing their quest and thus not being able to finally enroll in ArchSoulAcademy. Istin's plan was to cut the number of accepted students down even further. He had the tournament first to weed out the weak willed. Then he set up quests before school started to weed out the weak. It was silently devious, and every teacher knew. This was the hurdle to see who was truly worth their education. More of the professor's came into the lounge. Almost all were in there now. Conversations lightly cropped around the room. In a few days the red and yellow coats were expected to be done, followed by the blue coats, and then finally the purple students.

Desmond Andrews
After the tournament Desmond was gone within a dead sleep. Soon he started to dream yet again. He was sitting in front of a chess board a few moves away from winning. He held a focused look on his face as he thought out his next move, but he even though he was trying to focus on the game his mind wonder off to the kitchen, where he smelt his grandmother's delicious cooking. He stood preparing himself to enter the kitchen but as he walk his scenery changed from his cozy household to a mountain top where above him he saw shining white figures. He tried to yell but there was no sound. Soon his vision started to fade and he awoke from his dream. Desmond looked around his surroundings and remembered he was in the comfort of his own room. Across from him was his new partner Matthew.

Desmond whipped his face and slowly rolled out of his bed. He looked around his room yet again as he stretched and yawned. He noticed a red robe hanging up on his wall and approached it with a confused face. "What the...?" He asked as he grabbed the robe. He tried it on and looked at himself in the mirror. "Damn I make this look good." He said with a chuckle as he check himself out. He placed his hands in the pockets and felt what seemed like paper. He pulled it out and read every detail. He was pretty excited but kept his excitement contained and held only a grin. He looks towards Matthew, and wonder what his robe meant and what his note said. "Hey Matty! Are you awake!?" He said without trying to be quiet as if he's trying to wake him. MapleMaster MapleMaster

Red smiled and shook Harlow's hand. Green vines wrapped around their arms. Thrones grew out then red flowers of Red's home. Their pedals burned away as the vines sank into their bond. Neither could pull away during the pact, but afterwards Red snapped back almost falling off the bed. Shaking it off though, she had to look at Harlow's card too.. A winged beast? Does that mean a dragon? A fair does it really matter? Back in Zeithra, the forest my home is in, there are many wild creatures roaming free. Theyre usually unpleasant, except to my grandmother and me, which is cool I guess... Red put back on her red hood while she thought of what kind of creature would willingly return... Her midnight hair was cut short but she still pulled the top over. She wasn't insecure about her hair, but it was how her grandmother always wore the cloak. For the most part she had her clothes. All of hrr additional armor was tucked away neatly. After putting her suit back on she wrapped the yellow ASA cloak around her and pulled out a similar index card. I have to build a new layer of defense? That's... Tricky.... What do you think the school already has? Maybe laser guns! Something on top of whats already here? I think these quests are to test our creativity and teamwork... I only have a couple of days, see. Why dont we go outside and practice a bit though! Ive never used a gun... Her stomach rumbled its suggestion instead. Red's body felt suddenly weak and dizzy. She sat back down and rested her head in her hands. After we eat something...
Harlow was somewhat surprised when the vines wrapped around the two. She brushed it off afterward, though. That's a bit... official, she thought. "Really? That gives me a place to check out later, then," she shrugged. She chuckled when the girl mentioned laser guns. "I don't know about laser guns, but you could definitely could accomplish that." She nodded in agreement. "Let's go."

Harlow was somewhat surprised when the vines wrapped around the two. She brushed it off afterward, though. That's a bit... official, she thought. "Really? That gives me a place to check out later, then," she shrugged. She chuckled when the girl mentioned laser guns. "I don't know about laser guns, but you could definitely could accomplish that." She nodded in agreement. "Let's go."

After eating, Red and Harlow walked the halls to find their dorms. None of the doors were labeled in the section of the building the signed pointed to as the dormitories. They were all locked, and their wristbands chimed a buzz. Afer some more attempts the wristband chimes a ding and the door unlocked.
Inside of Little Red's room everything was some shade of purple. Her bed was a queen with lavender sheets and a violet spread. The walls were a few shades darker than her sheets. I. LOVE! IT!! Everything looks so lovely! We should also find your room!

The two also found Harlow's room and relaxed there too. But time was still running out. Harlow still needed to get a winged beast. She still needed to add to the defenses. They only had a few days...

Harlow and LRRH brainstormed everything that the school might already have. They looked up different kinds of protection and defenses they could make. Sheet after sheet lost until they thought of a needle shooter lining the ceiling of the dormitories. It set off no alarms so it must have been okay

After that, it was time to set out for Harlow's quest

After eating, Red and Harlow walked the halls to find their dorms. None of the doors were labeled in the section of the building the signed pointed to as the dormitories. They were all locked, and their wristbands chimed a buzz. Afer some more attempts the wristband chimes a ding and the door unlocked.
Inside of Little Red's room everything was some shade of purple. Her bed was a queen with lavender sheets and a violet spread. The walls were a few shades darker than her sheets. I. LOVE! IT!! Everything looks so lovely! We should also find your room!

The two also found Harlow's room and relaxed there too. But time was still running out. Harlow still needed to get a winged beast. She still needed to add to the defenses. They only had a few days...

Harlow and LRRH brainstormed everything that the school might already have. They looked up different kinds of protection and defenses they could make. Sheet after sheet lost until they thought of a needle shooter lining the ceiling of the dormitories. It set off no alarms so it must have been okay

After that, it was time to set out for Harlow's quest
Harlow's room was dark in color, but well lit. The whole room was decorated in all types of deep red and blacks and whites with an extremely modernistic style. The floor was black stained wood. A white rug was laid out, not a speck of dirt on it. To their left was a glass desk with black painted wooden legs and a dark red office chair. Hung above that was a color-coordinating expressionist's painting. Next to the desk was a red beanbag. There was a tall, slim window in the center of the far wall with beautiful deep red floor curtains. On the right side of it was Harlow's bed. In front of the window, but still next to the bed was a glass end table. On top of the end table was a black vase with a single white rose inside.

Harlow spun around slowly in the office chair. "Hmmm... How about we go out to that place you suggested earlier? What was it?"

Zeithra. If you have everything we can get going. It takes about a day to get there. But if we can get one of the giant creatures to fly us back we might make the time limit.

h2h0e h2h0e

Zeithra. If you have everything we can get going. It takes about a day to get there. But if we can get one of the giant creatures to fly us back we might make the time limit.

h2h0e h2h0e
She looked around. "Yeah, I have everything." She opened the door and and waited for Red. "What about you?"

(Sorry for the one-liner I will expand soon)

She looked around. "Yeah, I have everything." She opened the door and and waited for Red. "What about you?"

(Sorry for the one-liner I will expand soon)
Yep!!

Red skipped beside Harlow heading towards the exit. Just about to leave were two other students wearing red. Red called out to them and they became a group. You guys also going out to catch a beast? Yeah. We are too. Come with us to Zeithra, my home forest. There's something there for sure. Like I told Harlow, itll take about a day to get there. We can probably just fly back though. My name is Red by the way. I'm Arang. This is my partner Gabriel. Im a wieilder. Me too! As you can guess since I also have a sword. You're pretty stocked too. Not enough. I still have to become the ultimate night slayer. The vampire overload, demon ruler, and lycanthrope king still must be slayed. Once I have their weapons I my arsenal will be complete. Serious much? Sounds... Good to me...... Lets get going..

The students ventured out of the doors of ASA and on to the streets of The Capital. It was a cheap ride to the rural roads at the end of The Capital. There was a horse station they could buy horses using some of their 10,000 stings ASA provided from to ride into the forest or they could walk. The horses weren't expected to be returned. Once purchased they were owned.

Red skipped beside Harlow heading towards the exit. Just about to leave were two other students wearing red. Red called out to them and they became a group. You guys also going out to catch a beast? Yeah. We are too. Come with us to Zeithra, my home forest. There's something there for sure. Like I told Harlow, itll take about a day to get there. We can probably just fly back though. My name is Red by the way. I'm Arang. This is my partner Gabriel. Im a wieilder. Me too! As you can guess since I also have a sword. You're pretty stocked too. Not enough. I still have to become the ultimate night slayer. The vampire overload, demon ruler, and lycanthrope king still must be slayed. Once I have their weapons I my arsenal will be complete. Serious much? Sounds... Good to me...... Lets get going..
At the mention of her name, she nodded. She watched the exchange with curiosity. "Yeah, let's go. Lead the way."

She followed them out of the living quarters and out into the open yard. She wondered where exactly this place was, and what it looked like. What kind of creatures lived there, that sort of thing. Her mind wandered off until she no longer was paying attention to where she was going. She ran into a wall. "Gah!" She snapped back to reality.

At the mention of her name, she nodded. She watched the exchange with curiosity. "Yeah, let's go. Lead the way."

She followed them out of the living quarters and out into the open yard. She wondered where exactly this place was, and what it looked like. What kind of creatures lived there, that sort of thing. Her mind wandered off until she no longer was paying attention to where she was going. She ran into a wall. "Gah!" She snapped back to reality.
The merchant came out of his hut due to Harlow's disturbance. "Ahhhh looks like I got some customers. You all travelling out of the Capital? Well you came to the right stop. I got 3 breeds for you. For 1000 stings we have reliable horses. Theyll get you to where ya need to go. But Ill warn ya, the werebeast are way more active since its nightfall. If you want your horse to survive a battle Id get one of our 5000 stings horses. But I get if you're strapped. I can sell you the cheap 500 sings horses, but they'll wander off if youre near any berries. So what'll it be?

The merchant came out of his hut due to Harlow's disturbance. "Ahhhh looks like I got some customers. You all travelling out of the Capital? Well you came to the right stop. I got 3 breeds for you. For 1000 stings we have reliable horses. Theyll get you to where ya need to go. But Ill warn ya, the werebeast are way more active since its nightfall. If you want your horse to survive a battle Id get one of our 5000 stings horses. But I get if you're strapped. I can sell you the cheap 500 sings horses, but they'll wander off if youre near any berries. So what'll it be?
Harlow listened, then shook her head. "Unless anyone else wants a horse, I won't be getting one. Thank you." She looked at the group, wondering what they would say. She really didn't need a horse. her own two feet had worked just fine for the last thirteen years. She had made it where she needed, and alive too.

Everyone Everyone

Dean Hellen's room echoed with the sounds of pleasure being shared between two people. But once he was finished with the fairy he sent her on her way. She walked out of his room hardly able to stand and feeling both hollowed out and drained. She would go home to discover Dean had completely taken her fairy soul from her. In the comfort of his room he laughed until his cried as he stared at himself in the mirror. The purple and pink delicate fairy wings he stole from Amber or whatever her name was tickled his core as it melded deeper. Now his complete forms contaimed a succubus and a fairy. A lavender fairy to be specific, not that he cared about every single specie of fairy. Two students down, only a few hundred to go. Dean already knew his mission. Since he ditched the tournament he was automatically placed in blue. He needed to catch an Ice demon. If any of the students left on their own he would be able to follow the weakest and kill him since the students would be off campus and away from the BlackSuits. If Dean was lucky he would be able to pick off at least a dozen students. He couldn't stop laughing at how easy it was to accomplish his goal, at how stupid his family must be to not have succeeded since his great grandfather.

King Arthur left alone. He was read coat, at least a few ranks above Dean. Or at least he had proved himself. Dean stalked Arthur all the way out of the city. The King chose to walk and had been through the desert to the nearest forest. Dean watched Arthur kill the desert beast that attacked solo. The weapon he carried never turned mortal. He was a Wieilder with no parter. All the easier target.

Once Arthur was in the thick of the forest, Dean planned his attack. He ruffled bushes nearby, alerting Arthur he was being followed, but Dean constantly moved around. Testing one of his abilities, Deam channeled the natural energy of the trees to attack Arthur. He slashed well, and Dean used this to slowly get closer. Once he was in range he took to the sky and blasted fairy dust with the wind to go above the trees. He had revealed himself to Arthur, but now the King was getting falling into delirium. Dean watched his victim slowly lose consciousness. Once Arthur was our, Dean landed by him and began to feast. This one he could afford to leave here. He made it look like a wild animal attack. Wiping the blood from his mouth he felt Arthur's strength boost him some more. On to the ice demon of the north

Harlow listened, then shook her head. "Unless anyone else wants a horse, I won't be getting one. Thank you." She looked at the group, wondering what they would say. She really didn't need a horse. her own two feet had worked just fine for the last thirteen years. She had made it where she needed, and alive too.
Well if you're walking so am I! It was unlikely Arang or Gabriel would purchase a horse either, so the group proceeded out of the capital. The merchant warned them that there was activity in the forests at night, so they needed to watch their step

Users who are viewing this thread

Back