• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ArchSoulAcademy: The Beginnings

DizjayDeathPride

Five Thousand Club

IMG_2520.JPG

4722 AD, The next Semester begins for ArchSoulAcademy's prospective graduates. ArchSoulAcademy is a militarized academic program that its in The Capitol. It prepares the citizens of The Nation for the Wriaith Exams. Wriaiths are the military force of the of The Nation; sworn to service, to protect and defend the citizens, while also expanding the reach of The Nation. There are small splinter factions that have rebelled against The Nation, but otherwise Wriaiths are the only military on the planet.

Here at ASA, everyone will unlock their potential, one way or another. There are general classes to help specialize each student's ability. Not everyone will pass their Wriaith examinations, and that's okay. Only the best and the brightest will be allowed the responsibility of protecting The Nation's best interests, but the family, rewards, and power you discover while at ArchSoulAcademy is yours forever.

Each student has received a number plate, a white robe with the ASA symbol on the back, and 10,000 Stings into their student account wristband.

Capture+_2017-09-06-04-00-20-picsay.png

The wristband is each ASA student's lifeline. It operates as a cellphone, searches the web, and accesses the Databook (A mainframe that logs every citizen in the Nation by name and rank). The wristband also works as a map, a tracker, and keeps track of when students are in class. If a student should fail the Wriaith Exams or drop out of the Academy the watch becomes inactive.

The wristband will automatically collect and store Stings and Tears for you so there's no worry of storing them away. It makes it almost impossible for an ASA Student or Graduate to be robbed.

Many prospective Wriaiths from across the world have gathered here today. Many different backgrounds have gathered together for one purpose, personal fulfilment. It is this linking bond that has kept ArchSoulAcademy going for so many years. Relationships will be forged in the halls of ArchSoul that will last a lifetime.

The bells signaling the Entrance Ceremony are ringing. The school hired a symphony to play for the students as they filed in; the same symphony they ordered every semester. As the last student enters and the door closes the symphony finishes their piece then are helped off the premises by the ASA Guards, BlackSuits. Ranked SS, the BlackSuits are terrifying creatures crafted by the Headmaster to protect the Students of ASA and are just one of many layers of defense set up within the school.

The Students are all seated in the arena. While waiting the chatter has become a distant roar - a common sound coming from the Academy, so the nearby cities weren't too affected. Everyone chatted among themselves while waiting for Orientation to begin. They had heard there would be an optional entrance tournament, yet it seems it was coming after Orientation.

IMG_3019.JPG

The center arena was divided up in hexagonal bee hive form, inside each line box was a number. Quickly the students realized the number cards they had received correlated to the stage. Standing on the steps leading down to the center shoulder to shoulder were thirteen figures that could only be deduced as the teachers. They all wore a similar attire as the students, ASA Robes with the crest on the back. Their robes were all black though. They weren't as talkative as the Students. They just sort of stood watching, waiting for the Headmaster. Today was a very special day for ASA. Soon, the divine reason these walls were created will be fulfilled. The world had become ignorant to why ASA was built. Even the instructors themselves are fooled by the illusion. This would be Asaziel Demicarcis Estivon, Professor of Archangel Studies, hardest year. The remaining Archangels have should I been gathered. All in one semester. This could turn out to be the most exciting semester at ASA.

Last edited:
Headmaster Istin

The uproar of student chatter was always Istin's favorite part of ASA Ceremonies. His hand rested on the black tarp that separated him from the stage. He took a breath while soaking in the excitement. Finally, he stepped between the sheets and emerged from the shadows a step above the other teachers. The Students cheers went even higher than before. The Headmaster waved as he stepped down onto the center stage.

The Headmaster's voice, in all of its average English ring, echoed smoothed around the arena

Welcome to the Voluminous ArchSoulAcademy!
It is an honor to help you all pass this upcoming Wriaith Exams, your first step to the enrichment and development of our beautiful Nation!
Each of you has come here for the same linking reason: power. To have power, to define your power. There is no other place on this planet better qualified to teach you how to harness your unique power than these very walls!

On the stage lined up are all of your Professors. They are here today to introduce themselves to you and how exactly their subject works.
ArchSoulAcademy has a different approach to education. We provide every general class we believe could be beneficial to each student in a multitude of subjects. Due to the rigor of each class and that each is at a specific time twice a week, we allow the students to decide their schedules based on what they believe is best suited for their abilities. You must log at least 50 hours of classroom time per subject per semester. Your wristbands will keep track so that you don't have to.
Your wristband also works as your means of communication, a bank account, internet access, and access to The Nation's Databook-- It's similar to a phonebook in the idea it logs every citizen within The Nation by name, rank, and phone number.

Enough of the boring details. From left to right we will have each Professor introduce themselves, what they teach, and their requirements for graduation. After that I will come back to the arena and we will begin the optional tournament. Alright, you're up Professor Garlindur.

Messy white hair, long black trench coat instead of an ASA robe, the symbol on his back, a cigarette in his mouth. I never know how to start this off properly.... Fitzgerald had his hands in his pocket, his eyes closed, his head down as he walked into the center. His demeanor was dampening the crowd. They might as well get used to it, it's how he always appears.

My name is Fitzgerald Garlindur. I am the Ability Training Professor. I am a Wieilder, so I specialize more in helping the bond between a Wieipon and Wieilder resonate properly. In my class we work with the special abilities your combined spirits create. What else did he say... right, to pass my class you must have a partner and you two must be able to use your ability without exhausting one another's spiritual energy. That's... about it. Thank you.

Fitzgerald returned to his spot and as he did so the next teacher stepped down and took his place.

My name is Eliot Lilac Stei, Professor of Magic Training. I am half related to Professor Garlindur. My class is very similar to my brothers. You will be focusing on your specialized abilities, but unlike his class mine is solo. You do not work with a partner in my subject. You only pass when you have shown growth and development with your abilities. I will teach you how to use your abilities without hardly using any of your spiritual power. A little demonstration? I am a Wieipon. My form is called Flaming Kaito, the Fire Thief

Eliot bent forward and an explosion of fire burst from him. It spread all around the area licking the faces of the students. It didn't burn, more like a warm touch. By the time Eliot stretch back straight the flames all scattered, a cool smoke wafting up and away. Professor Steil waves as a walks off the arena and is replaced by the next teacher. She whispers Show off as she passes him by causing Steil to chuckle.

Rinalda Simon Silion. Professor of Beast Understanding and Taming.

She whistled, barely audible. After a few moments a large shadow passed over the arena. A loud roar could be heard from the clouds. Moments after one of Rinalda's beasts an Undead Dragon landed in the center beside her causing the area to bomb like thunder and shake like an earthquake.

To pass Beast Understanding you will show both empathy and general understanding for all kinds of beasts. In Beast Taming you will bond with a Beast and learn how to manage the bond between yourself, your partner, and your animal.

Her pet roared and took back to the sky as she returned to her spot.

Rodger Ridge walked clanking. Most his entire body has been replaced with a organic metal compound. He was the Professor of Mixed Studies.

In my class you will experience a crash course in all of the other subjects. To pass you must show efficiency and aptitude in every area.

The next teacher was obvious by his appearance. He had large charred grey-white wings coming from his black leather jacket.

I am an angel, one of the last remaining angels. I teach angel studies. In my class you will learn all about what makes an angel, how to defeat them, how to avoid them. My course is less engaging and more textbook than the others, but what you learn is valuable in battling or defense against all holy power.

As Professor Selvestir Leon Styles left the stage, Furjin Lockhert Eilbard fumbled in his ratty pocket for his demonstration. He was more awkward than the other teachers who walked onto the arena more composed and sure of themselves. He got to the center and spent a few moments scratching his hair vigorously, dandruff flying everywhere. He shook his hair out and then pulled his hook back over.

Okay.... it's been very boring so far, can we all agree on that? Thank you Professor Steil for having some more excitement than our colleagues thus far. I thought this was an Entrance CEREMONY not a funeral! No but really, my class is much more fun than all the others in my opinion. We get first hand experience with almost everything else that makes up the world. If it can die of natural causes, it is a Mortal. And that's my subject: Mortal Studies. We will jump into different worlds and experience the exotic kinds of mortals. To pass my class you just have to show you can tell a mortal from an immortal, what kind of mortal it is, and how to protect yourself or it. Sounds awesome right? See most of you soon!

Zaphkiel sat silently in his seat the entire ceremony. The other students were cheering, laughing, making friends. Zaphkiel wasnt the type. He was more isolated, reserved. There were other quiet students like him. For example, there was a kid sitting on the bottom row and isolated like a plague. Most everyone was body to body except Atom. He released an unpleasant pheromone that make others not want to sit next to him.

The ceremony began once The Headmaster stepped into the center. Zaphkiel listened to each teacher as he tried to determine his schedule. Professor of Magic Training was interesting. The burst of cool flames that washed the crowd was very enticing to say the least. A string tugged inside of Zaphkiel as the Angel Studies teacher took his turn. He wasn't a believer, but to see an Angel in person is eye opening. His parents were wrong is all he thought about. He would most likely take Angel Studies to rub the information in their face. And possibly Mortal Studies. He admired the beast that showed itself to the students... Zaphkiel would love a dragon pet as his own. But bonding with a partner and a beast would be a lot of work; something Zaphkiel wasn't down for.

He looked back over Atom, the isolated student. He hadnt moved during the fire. He didnt seem to change demeanor with any of the teachers so far. He was an anomaly among the students. Zaphkiel scanned around and a few faces stood out to him. One student has their pet with them. He'd easily pass Beast Taming, Zaphkiel thought. Another student, olive almost mint green hair. Just the sight of her brought respect out of Zaphkiel. She could handle her own, her demeanour screamed 'experienced.' And another student also wore a hood like the isolated student. She was much smaller than most students, though size isnt everything. Her hoodie though had a face, a face she used to cover her own. He couldnt tell much from the girl, but she vibed such a young, powerful, pure essence. Like... A little sister. He wondered who these people were, why did he feel sensations in his chest he couldn't explain? Pride, respect. One kid with jet black hair and pale skin gave him the sense of fear, the need to protect himself and run. Many of their faces didn't match what he felt from them. He felt surrounded, claustrophobic all of a sudden in the open roof arena... And excitement. His foot couldnt stop bouncing. He fingers were locked covering his mouth as leaned forward, listening to the following teachers and planning his schedule in his mind. Other students would bump into him, pat his back, try to get his opinion but he shrugged them off and often ignored their attempts to socialize. He wanted to see these students in the tournament. He would sit out, but maybe the isolated student wouldn't. Maybe the olive haired girl or the guy with his dog would fight. And if they did, who would win? He didn't like fighting, hes never trained or even punched anything. He wouldn't last and he knew that. So he already made up his mind to opt out of the tournament regardlessly. But he didn't expect to be intetested in other students and their abilities.

As Professor Eilbard returned he was replaced by a more combat ready commando attire teacher. He held something in his hands that looked like metal rods. He took time to wait for the students to quiet themselves before he spoke. So forcefully and with no hint of compassion. My name is Franklin Delimue I am your Weapon Training expert. You will only pass my class by mastering a weapon or mastering your Wieipon form. If you can not last a 10 minute sparring session without being disarmed halfway through the semester, you will flunk. If you can not last 30 minutes after midterms, you will flunk.
He clicked the bottom of the rod and orange swords came from the ends.
I am a Wieilder. These weapons are specially crafted to turn my mana into any shape weapon I desire. The larger, the more energy of course. He tossed them both into the air and they maintained form, spinning so quickly they looked like flaming tires. He caught them by the handles and extended his arms out, causing the blades to transform into tridents. He threw one towards the stands and it stuck into the wall by its bottom pierce. The top two would have injured a student if they were leaning off the edge. He flattened his palm to the trident and it returned back to him. He clicked the button again and the energy faded away.
Only those willing to become a master at their craft will join my class. So think carefully. One F in ASA and you fail the entire Semester, No Wriaith Exams. Many students take my class thinking they know how to use their power and we never see them again after not being admitted to the Wriaith Exams. I am the dream crushing class. And I will make you the best swordsman, speargirl, throwing star weilding badass.

Franklin finished his turn and up was Sarralin Leshawn Baker, the Professor of Demon Studies. The students knew who the teacher was based on the little girl wearing a black robe over her white night gown. But unlike the others she was being cared by a black figure. He had a scythe in one hand and the teacher in the other. As the being moved its legs didnt walk. He glided across the arena, staying only im the shadows. But the shadows didnt stretch all the way to the center. So Professor Baker's demonstration took place closer to the students.
My name is Professor Baker. I teach demon studies. This is my demon. He has been broken, trained, and bound to my every command. Demon Studies is a lot like Angel Studies. You will learn how to seal them, how to protect your mind and body from possession, and how to kill a demon. Anything not mortal and not holy is demonic. There are plenty of powerful demonic immortals that are not actually demons, but they fall under my studies. You will each go out, seal, and bind a demon. Either to a weapon, a vessel, or some sort of container of your choice. Failure to capture a demon, failure to train your demon, failure to control your demon, or being possessed or freeing your demon once will award you an F in my class.
Professor Bucky was one of the more serious teachers. Her demon never stopped smiling the entire speech. Once she finished, Professor Bucky took her place

My name is Professor Bucky. I am an explosive demon. Bound to ASA to teach Explosive Mastering. You will learn to control explosions and turn your power into explosives.
His arms were heating up, smoking. A wild laugh came from him and he slammed his arms down to the ground causing the entire arena to tremble. It explosion radiated out for a decent minute before settling down. No damage was done, but everyone felt the effects. By the time everything settled, the next teacher was in the center as if the shaking arena didnt bother them.

Everyone could tell just by looking at him, Isaiah Sigmund was not an exciting teacher.
I come from the western desert villages, and there we learn to make do with anything we come across. Starvation for weeks, using fish bones as tools. In my class, General Skills, you will learn all of the general survival skills youll need to venture the tough terrain without being found weeks later in a ditch. You fail by not surviving the simulations we will take part in. 4 failed simulations in the semester is an F for my class.

Professor Sigmund ended his short explanation and the next teacher, Brutus James Maxima, Professor of MMA was next.

There were only three more teachers left in the line-up. The next phase of orientation would begin soon

After hearing Professor Sigmund's speech another came forth, his body built like a mountain clad in the same black robe as the others with the sleeves removed. He cracks his knuckles as he exhaled slowly, his breathe was steam and everyone in the arena could feel a heaviness to the air and even the other teachers could feel this man's presence weigh heavy on them. Enough to cause a few of them to sweat slightly. " Now listen to me carefully you sorry batch of shit swizzlers! I am Professor Brutus James Maxima and I teach MMA! My class is going to train you all how to take down you any opponent that crosses your path! Right now you're all made out of clay, by the time I'm done with you, you'll be made out of iron! The Wieilders will become physically stronger beyond their limits, and the Wieipons will sharpen and harden their edges as they train making them able to cut through harder materials then normal!" His voice thundered throughout the arena and shook it's very foundations. " To pass my class you must give your all in training and prove what you've learned by going one on one with another person and showing me the techniques you've managed to learn at the end of the semester. Failure to follow the rules of my class will result in an immediate F, Failure to show progress and/or no ambition of improvement will result in an immediate F, And Failure to show respect to your fellow students in my class will result in me dealing with you personally!
I guess that's it for me... Oh! And so all of you are made aware I'll be watching this tournament and any student that ops out of it, will be in a world of hurt if I see them in my classroom! Thats enough, Jeremiah you're up now."
Brutus said as he stepped back letting Professor Jeremiah come forward. He was wearing the same robes but with the sleeves rolled up past his elbows.

"Why thank you Brutus, ladies and gentlemen allow me to introduce myself, I am Sir Jeremiah King Professor of Weapon Smithing. My class shall teach you to make the finest weapons for combat, you will feel the heart of the metal, you will listen to the wonderful ping of the anvil grace your ears. Come and make your soul craft a work of art with the metal and mix your own style into the weapons, but remember to never forget their foundations. Please allow me to show you some of the fantastic creations you can make. Failure in my class will be a result of poor craftsmanship, failure to listen to constructive criticism, and lack of imagination. Show me what you've learned and create a weapon that's as much a part of you as your own heart. That is all I have to explain the class I can't wait to see you all work hard. Till then my students. " Jeremiah took a bow and just above him, two dozen shining spiraling vortex sit still in the air. Slowly weapons begin to emerge from the spirals, all ranging from swords to spears, to axes and hammers all ranging in size. The weapons then shoot out all with a trail of colored aura around them, they stream across the arenas sky like falling stars before they descend and crash into the arena floor, rather than breaking the weapons embedded themselves into the ground, similar to the legend of Excalibur. After they land Sir Jeremiah rises from his bow and smiled, " students please use these it the tournament, use them to show your skills and give you the edge you need in the fight to come. Valyria dear it's your turn to shine.

Jeremiah stepped back as Professor Valyria cartwheeled and flipped her way to the edge of stopping just before the drop, she wore her robes with the sleeves wrapped around her waist and spoke with gentle but firm authority,
" Hello all of you wonderful students I'm so excited to see all these fresh new faces this year, I am Professor Valyria Ivy and I teach Potions Mastering in my class you will learn how to craft potions of various types which will ranged from harmless and hilarious to vicious and deadly. Failure in my classroom will be because of a students inability to follow directions properly, failing to craft the assigned potion correctly, and failing to memorized specific materials by the end of the semester. But enough talk let me show you somethings you can make, Jeremiah if you would assist me for a moment?" " it would be my pleasure." Valyria pulled out dozen vials of potions she kept in her robe pockets and threw them into the air, Jeremiah then summoned more blades and fired them at the vials causing them to break and explode into giant poofs of different colored smoke. Valyria then snapped her finger and suddenly the smoke changed into shining dust and began to swirl together looking like a spiral galaxy in the middle of the arenas air, it was mesmerizing to watch and Valyria stood smiling and giggling as the students watched her work come alive before slowly disappearing. Done with her introduction she looks to headmaster Isten to conclude this orientation.
DizjayDeathPride DizjayDeathPride

Last edited:
Marcus watched the orientation curious about the classes, but seeing the teachers demonstrate first hand was exciting for him though no-one would know because his monotone voice relaxed demeanor. When he saw the Weapon Smithing teacher he was especially surprised he hadn't thought there would be this powerful of teachers at this school especially the when the Magic training Professor spread fire throughout the arena that didn't hurt anyone. Marcus couldn't wait to get in the tournament, he looks around and sees bunch of people talking together one that peaked his interest was a girl with green hair, Marcus decided to go talk to her, there wasn't much else to do so he thought it why not. "Hey I'm Marcus what's yours?" Noivian Noivian

Kaden was amazed by all of the teachers, he cheered as the undead dragon came to the arena. Even Killgore was barking with joy and bouncing on Kadens head.
" Hey hey little guy calm down a bit you're being even crazier than I am. Wow I never would have thought there would be such awesome stuff at this school, this place is going to be so much fun! He continued to watch and was constantly surprised by the power of the teacher, but one that made him unsettled was the MMA Professor, his energy and presence made him know that he meant business and that his class would be tough but he was up to the challenge. Kaden thought it be fun to meet some of the other students before the tournament, he noticed a nicely dressed guy with redish pink hair, Kaden jumped and flipped towards him before landing safely on a seat near him. " Hi ya My name's Kaden and this little goof ball is Killgore, what's your name?
Will_0121 Will_0121

Gabriel sat patiently smiling from seeing all of the excitement the teachers put on for the students, a grand spectacle to boost the minds of us all he thought to himself. " It seems things have begun... Hmm perfect. This year is going to be very interesting." Gabe brushed his hair back with his hand before his eyes fell upon a girl with hair as white as snow and eyes as blue as the sea. However, instead of going and seeing her Gabe laid his head back and closed his eyes and started to daydream waiting for everything to begin. Alecto Alecto

Last edited:
Nova watched the orientation with her usual permanent scowl. These teachers were showboating. Posturing. Advertising. For good reason, too. If this school was as prestigious as it was made out to be by the public, naturally there'd be competition for not only student spots but also teaching spots. Anyone worth saying they were the best at what they do ought to teach here at this academy. So if these teachers showed any sign of not living up to the academy's expectations or churning out top tier graduates, then naturally they'd be replaced. It also made sense that classes without a lot of participants would be cut from the academic program. Nova was still deciding, but given that she didn't have a weapon form, she should take the more Wieilder-aligned classes. MMA, Weapon training... that kind of thing. She'd love to take a swing at quite a few teachers and students here.

Indeed, Nova wasn't necessarily the "good kid". She was a trouble maker, a rebel, and a natural leader, if her skills commanding her vigilante gang was anything to go by. She wondered idly how they were doing today. Arms crossed, scowling, she watched the presentation if only to get a feel for the teachers and the other students, what the classes would be like. Beast taming sounded interesting. Demon studies would be a must, perhaps along with Mortal studies. It would require her to tame and bind two different beings, though... Getting lost in thought caused her scowl to deepen, and many of the students around her started to shy away, probably intimidated by her appearance and demeanor. Despite her colorful hair, she still mostly looked like a thug. The baggy clothes she wore hid her thin frame, as well as the lithe muscles she bore from her time on the streets.

Snapped out of her thoughts, Nova turned her glare to the approaching student, Marcus. She didn't know his name, and didn't care to learn it at this point - well, too late. He was introducing himself. "Nova," she stated with finality, turning back to the presentation. It was rather obvious she was trying to shunt him. Nova didn't make friends. She made allies. And right now, with the tournament coming up, an alliance was the last thing she needed. It was herself versus everyone else, until she found a Wieipon partner. Then they would form an alliance, until she graduated.

AnthonyWrath AnthonyWrath

Azrael sat as far back as he could. He had worn long sleeves and a turtleneck to the orientation, along with a thick pair of gloves. The only bit of skin he had showing was on his face. A thick pair of glasses perched on his nose, his curly hair a frizzy mess in the growing humidity of the arena. Legs crossed, hands folded in his lap, an aura of death and fear radiated off him to the point where most of the students had the idea to not stand so close to the pale boy. He kept his eyes on the group around him - it made him nervous to be so close to so many other people. He didn't want to kill anyone, but to have a repeat of what happened to his sister... he couldn't let that happen. He had no clue what triggered his powers, and he didn't want to find out. So the more distance he could get from everyone else, the better. That's why he didn't want to take part in the tournament. That's why he wasn't going to take MMA. There was no way he could do any kind of physical contact with someone else. He didn't trust himself.

(open to interaction)

Matthew was sitting amidst a crowd of people. He wouldn't exactly call himself a social person, however, it seemed that he gave off a warm aura that attracted his fellow students. They cheered, clapped, and laughed together at every appropriate opportunity. The group weren't the loudest in their section, but they came a close second. His eyes were glued on the stage, the red orbs filled with excitement and anticipation. Perhaps he was wowed too easily, but he still stared wide eyed at each new teacher and their amazing abilities, particularly with the professors he had. In his, maybe too childish, perception, he saw himself as them one day. As a master of their art, able to teach others of how to be just as glorious. He loved every moment of the orientation.

His stomach churned with nervousness as he looked around at the other students. They seemed very powerful, strong enough to potentially take him down. He'd entered in the tournament, which he saw now as a terrible decision. Matthew could hold his own in a fight, especially when using weapons, but he didn't have the skill to take down anyone with a month or two of combat training. He was hoping that he could just heal up if he got into trouble, but now that seemed like something that could only save him for a few brief moments. The other students looked strong, stronger than he could handle. The uneasiness grew as what looked like the last teacher finished her introduction.

Marcus wasn't totally surprised by Nova's reaction, he understood that during this time people might be stand offish. Though Marcus didn't let her demeanor brush him away, " So Nova tell me why you're here at the academy?" He asked in a semi-monotone voice as he sat in the seat next to her.
Noivian Noivian

Nova sighed, but she had kind of expected this. People had a habit of not exactly ignoring her. It was almost like she had some kind of aura, or a sign on her that read 'bother to me please'. "I'm here because I want to be," she snapped. "They gave me a full ride scholarship, for my 'heroic actions and leadership skills'," she used air quotes to emphasize the fact that she didn't consider her actions neither heroic nor leaderly. She was a gang leader, for crying out loud. Why the school thought they could use her on campus was beyond her comprehension. "Honestly, I'm just here because my gang is famous. Maybe you've heard of us. I founded and led the Sand People until just recently" Perhaps if she stated the famous - or infamous - gang's name directly, this person would decide to leave her alone?

AnthonyWrath AnthonyWrath

Marcus turned his head surprised and gasped in awe, "Y... YOU WERE THE LEADER OF THE SAND PEOPLE! OH MY GOD! Never heard of them... " he said slowly returning to a sarcastic monotone, and his face relaxed into a scowl. " I could tell from the moment I saw you that you had been on the street a lot, you have that kind of air about you. That's probably why people are drawn to you, but I'm merely talking with you to kill the time before it all sounds off. I thought why not make conversation with somebody and maybe gain a little insight as to just who is in this fighting pit with me. Regardless, we would have met at some point or another. Marcus said firmly and with a hint of aggression. He then laid back in his seat and relaxed his head on his hand while still having his face towards Nova.
Noivian Noivian

Will_0121 Will_0121
" Wow that's awesome nice meeting you Will, alright I'm gonna move around see ya later in the tournament." Kaden said as he dashed away, " Will was a pretty cool guy wasn't he Killgore? *woofs happily * Yeah I thought so too. Let's go meet some more new people! Kaden howled with excitement as he dashed and jumped all around the seats until he sees a girl with green pigtails talking with a guy with white hair, she seemed annoyed with the conversation and thought maybe he could help. Kaden leaped and landed just behind them," Hi there you two, My name is Kaden, what's your guys names? " he said with a smile on his face. Noivian Noivian

Rolling her eyes, she chose to ignore Marcus. Nova was able to do that, focusing instead. Of course. She didn't always name drop, but the one time she did to try and get someone to leave her alone, he didn't know who she was. One would think that in a world policed by one united force, anything that wasn't that force that also policed the streets would be noteworthy, regardless of where you were from. Eh, perhaps Marcus lived under a rock. She couldn't fault him for that... oh wait, she could.

Regardless, any hint of threat that Marcus may have put off, Nova displayed dominance by entirely disregarding him, as if he wasn't even someone worth spending her time on, much less someone she even considered a threat. When Kaden made his way over, Nova grumbled to herself. "Nova," she stated with even more firmness and annoyance than before. If anything, perhaps these two idiots could talk with each other rather than her. If only they weren't so distracting...

Noivian Noivian AnthonyWrath AnthonyWrath MapleMaster MapleMaster
Headmaster Istin

Istin couldnt help but admire how beautiful they all looked. From his eyes the crowd was dark, the other students didn't matter. He could point them out one by one if he wanted to...

Slowly Headmaster Istin emerged from behind the teachers and took his spot in the center arena. His arms were behind his back and as he waited for crowd to settle down, Azrael could feel the hairs on the back of his neck standing up as if a pair of eyes were glued to him. This passed among them all; Nova, Marcus, Zaphkiel, Matthew. The remaining Archangels. Because as the Headmaster spoke is voice was loud enough for the arena to hear, but he was only truly speaking to them.

Lets give another hand for our Professors

Every semester at ASA we like to give the students an opportunity to show everyone just how powerful they want to be before the actual tournament because it helps you see beyond your mental limits. Coming here takes courage. You didn't have to come to ArchSoulAcademy to prepare for Wriaith Examination. You didn't even have to become a Wriaith. You still don't. But we still want to thank you for giving yourself this opportunity to better yourselves.

I know you're all excited about the tournament so lets get to it.

Each of you was given a white ASA Robe and a number card correct? Lets talk about that for a second. Your ASA Robe has a few key features. One, its near indestructible. Near. It can take a beating eventually the fibers will tear, burn, rip. It shows your affiliation, your name, and then the dates and locations you received your promotions in columns. Once you graduate from ArchSoulAcademy it will show your rank with your name. Finally, it acts as a show of your general rank. Right now the robes are White because you are still at Orientation. But afterwards your robe will be a different color. Blue, Red, Yellow, or Purple.

Each of you was given a number card. If you would like to participate in the tournament, please come down and stand on your number. If you would rather opt out that is okay too. Everyone excited? Perfect. Let me explain the tournament more.

First... Looks like a couple handfuls of students have a bit of an advantage... Sweet. You will each be closed inside of a hexagonal glass box. The number plate on the ground acts as a small enhancer of your spiritual energy. It will help you to literally break the glass ceiling on your ability. Each set of glass is specially designed to be fragile against your power. While you're inside, take the time to at least realize what your special ability is, If Youre a Wieipon or a Wieilder. Because once the glass breaks you lose that boost and your power level returns to what it was when you came in, and the second part starts. Once the glass rises, the tournament also becomes a battle royale. The last pair standing will have a one on one meeting with yours truly whenever they decide.

This tournament is meant to show us and yourselves and your future partner just what you can do. The idea of the tournament is you work together and decide who around you would make the best partner. After the tournament you will secretly vote if you'd like to remain partnered or suggest another name. If you have no name to suggest or your suggestion didn't vote the same and suggest you too then you both will be put into the random selection process like the students who opted out.

That's everything. Once everyone who wants to participate steps on their number the glass will box them in and the tournament begins

Headmaster Istin and Professors leave the arena as the students fill the fighting ring.

Once all of the students who've decided to fight stand on their number the glass hive encases the students. The arena shoots 600 feet into the air, towering safely above the nearby city. A skybox of the same glass, designed to be broken by all 14 instructors combined mana, floated another 20 feet above the direct center.

Ding

Zaphkiel couldn't help himself. Weapons Crafting and Potions Mastering were calling his name... He was way more excited to be here after hearing all of the classes and seeing the wonderful explanations. It was a tough list of classes to choose from.. Each had such high expectations of their students. Well it is an Academy... Zaphkiel needed to pep up more.

The Headmaster returned and after some silence he started explaining the tournament. As Zaphkiel was listening there was a point were it was like the two were DEFINITELY making eye contact.

The number plate on the ground acts as a small enhancer of your spiritual energy. It will help you to literally break the glass ceiling on your ability. Each set of glass is specially designed to be fragile against your power. While you're inside, take the time to at least realize what your special ability is, If Youre a Wieipon or a Wieilder.

Zaphkiel leaned back in his seat as Headmaster Istin finally looked away. It was just a general explanation but... Zaphkiel felt as if the Headmaster almost... commanded him to join. It was tempting, but he didn't want to take part in the fighting.. Or did he?

He stared at the number card in his hand. 73. Was he the 73rd strongest already? That could be impressive. He could have just been the 73rd applicant. The number could have meant nothing.

Yet he couldnt shake the idea... Maybe... Just maybe..

Students were hurrying, rushing to their number. Some just jumped off the side. It was orderly chaos somehow. The steps down wide to control the flow and able to let people jump off at will so the river of applicants was moving pretty quick. Within a matter of minutes anyone who was sure was already down. Very simple, very quick.

Zaphkiel noticed the instructors left almost immediately. He hesitantly stood on his number like everyone else. Once everyone was together like The Headmaster said, the hexagonal design had glass walls surround him and the other students, separating them from each other but still leaving transparency. Not too long after the arena was thrust high into the sky like one of those adventure park rides. It stopped without throwing into their ceiling, it tried, and then--- a ding. This was it

Everyone else's boxes were... Changing.. Through the walls, various rainbows were forming. Colors were being split, shot in different directions. Zaphkiel could see... The light?
He shook his head and fell back.
This is nuts. No... Whoa this went too far it was cool at first but no not anymore whoa whoa hey hey chill chill calm down!

Zaphkiel turned around quickly, he felt someone behind him, all around him. Well of course, he was in the arena with everyone elsr but it felt like they were all inside of his box though. He was suffocating.
His hyperventilating caused Zaphkiel to almost go unconscious. His sense of awareness quickly kicked back in and he was on his feet, sharper. Some angles he felt hot, some angles there was rage. This is why Headmaster Istin made eye contact when he did. Zaphkiel closed his eyes and breathed. He needed to just take his time.

The light seemed to get brighter in Zaphkiel's glass as he got calmer. His case grew brighter and brighter until it was filled with bright light, bad for the nearby hives.

Zaphkiel focused himself. He had his hands opened and tuned into the energy the other students were releasing. Their residual power was collected to Zaphkiel, growing, mutating. The light got brighter in his cage. He told himself to stay calm, to just mix the energy and it wouldnt hurt, and his word was law. Once his glass was at just at its breaking point, Zaphkiel used the energy that built up inside of his glass and and observed. He could see out clear as day, but if he looked up or down the intensity of light he was emitting was apparent. He faced on palm to the ceiling and one to the ground. The light intensity faded and then, Zaphkiel was gone. His glass was empty, or so it seemed. He turned the light reflection away from him, making himself invisible.

So he was a Wieipon... Kind of amazing. He didn't want to be really, it didn't feel right. But want kind of Wieilder is he? Light? Energy... This was a mystery. There was so many similar but different types of energy coming at him he couldn't dare identify who would have been a good partner. He should have taken more time... Eh.
Alright... I feel pretty good. A lot of people are breaking out... Time for me to do the same.
The box next to him was empty. He just tapped the wall and it shattered, all of energy Zaphkiel collected dispersed and his invisibility was no more. And before he got a chance to collect, he was being attacked by another student.

Headmaster Istin said that all of the power they had was gone once the glass broke so no magic here for Zaphkiel. But his little bout with the light did make his eyes a little better. The guy was a brute and swung one of Professor King's hammers. Zaphkiel ducked under the swing and with both palms pushed into the brute's stomach, knocking him back. He wasn't a wieipon so needed one.

Nova waves off the two gathered around her, and makes her way down to the stage when invited to do so. Taking out her number, she goes and stands on the number 18. She didn't know what to expect, and was slightly startled when the glass shot up to box her in. She looked up - worst case scenario, whoever comes to fight her will probably help her break the glass if she couldn't. Not that she couldn't - Nova had full faith in her capabilities. Pressing her palms to the glass, she found that the glass was actually rather thick - punching her way out wouldn't be a good idea unless she wanted to not use that hand for the next week. Despite its thickness, though, she got the feeling it would break easily if she applied the right kind of force.

The arena shot into the air, and Nova almost lost her footing at the sudden lurch. The next thing on her mind was the sheer power that shot through her as the number plate activated. She felt alive, almost... she would later describe it as whole. Her senses brought her attention to the other participants, who one by one broke out of their glass. But she felt so good here... why would she leave? Her eyes traced the stances of the two students who broke out in front of her in a brawl, exchanging punches. One was punching at an angle with his wrist - it would break before the tournament was over at this rate. The other was doing a poor job dodging and blocking, but was throwing jabs that seemed to be doing a decent amount of attack. From in front of her, a female with as sword swooped in. Her swing was too wild, too wide. Both boys jumped out of the way.

Nova simply watched them from inside her glass box. Then she got bored. Inhaling sharply, a collection of dark grey storm clouds gathered over her, flashing with energy and lightning. A bolt of black lightning finally struck the glass with an explosive force that knocked the three combatants in front of her back a bit.

ezgif-3-fdf1e28ca8.gif

Waving off any dust that might have gathered around her in the air, Nova strode forwards quickly. The boy on her left was on his feet in an instant, running at an approach to perhaps tackle Nova. She sidestepped and allowed him to plow passed her, into the second boy that was only just standing up. Meanwhile the girl with the sword recovered, and took a moment to swing at Nova. She stepped back, out of reach, and avoided two more swings before darting low and sweeping the girl's feet out from under her, causing the girl to fall flat on her back and lose her sword, the weapon skittering off somewhere. Nova didn't care much. She knelt down and swung her fist, connecting squarely with the girl's jaw, making a sharp crack sound and leaving a mark, as well as what Nova assumed might be an irony taste in the girl's mouth.

Standing, Nova surveyed the battle field for who else was around at the moment. The two boys who initially started fighting in front of her were back at it again, rolling over and over as they wrestled. Sword girl was cradling her broke jaw. Who else looked like a good opponent...?

NPC
Justin Manni
IMG_2676.jpg

Wieipon
IMG_0261.JPG
Noivian Noivian

Justin's armbands were bleeding out inside his box. They were there to cover the bites from his vampire girlfriend. But now, each bite was gushing blood, way more than the rags could absorb. Justin panicked, tried to stop the bleeding, but there were too many wounds. He was starting to get woozy. He needed to get out of the box.

The blood collected around his body, pooling down his arm. He could feel it changing, getting heavier. He focused the thought into a sword and his bleeding arms turned into hardened tips. Justin pieced the glass and cut it into ribbons.

The bleeding stopped, his blood blades dripping away until just his normal arms were back. He was a Wieipon... a Blood Sword. Convenient at least. He noticed the wraps around his arm were pristine white, cleaner than when he came. He readjusted and tighted them.

Not too far off, one girl knocked another square in the jaw. And while two boys wrestled for to get her number, heavyweight champ over there appeared to want someone to battle.

Justin charged Nova, attempting to pull out a blade from the ground, but the Excalibur effect kicked in. It wasn't meant for him, so his grip yanked him back. He cursed and tried a different weapon, a spear.
He attempted to sneak up on her now, stab her through the leg and leave her inable to battle. Her fist were so strong. But if she made him bleed... he could just use his arms to run her through. Brilliant...
Just crept to Nova, spear tip pointed to her back

Nova gave a short huff of a laugh as Justin toppled over, his attempt to charge her halted when he failed to yank a sword out of the ground. But his intentions were heard loud and clear. He was going to be her next opponent. Nova turned her gaze away, looking over at the student with the hammer falling over due to another student pushing him. She became aware of the student attempting to charge her now attempting to creep up behind her with a spear. One didn't spend their life as a girl on the streets not knowing to check behind them frequently. So she turned on him the moment he was just outside of stabbing range, reaching forwards to grab the shaft of the spear and yank it towards her, to her side, her glare shooting daggers directly at him. If this didn't disarm him, it would pull him closer to be within punching distance. She made a fist with the hand that wasn't yanking the weapon to the side, ready to punch.

Noivian Noivian

Nova's reflex didn't take Justin by surprise. He didn't think stabbing her would work, but she could bring him closer. He too made a fist and used Nova's momentum to last second release the staff and slam his fist into hers.
Her punch was much more solid that his, years of experience playing bloody knuckles he bet.
Justin was chuckling as he stumbled back regaining his footing and clutching his broken right hand. Blood was dripping out of the bandages again... His arm morphed, turning into the hardened bloody blade he used to escape. With his wieipon out, he could slice through Nova like butter. Quickly he was rushing her again
( ! ) He thrust his right arm up to pierce her stomach and with the distance greater than his normal reach if she dodged left his hook was already coming full throttle

This looked bad. A bladed right arm, and a left hook on the other side. If she didn't want to die, the natural solution was to take the left hook with a firm abdomen. She shook her left hand non-nonchalantly, splattering the blood off her knuckles and onto the ground. Her hand throbbed, but it was no different than punching someone in boney places too much. She's broken her own hand before while giving someone a beat up; this she could deal with.

Dodging left as Justin lunged at her, she threw up both palms of her hand, attempting to catch the left fist as it made its way towards her. Any skin contact made, however, would send a jolt of electricity through her opponent. In an effort to tap back into that surge of stormy abilities, Nova attempted to call back the lightning, a tingling feeling running over her skin. Regardless of if the punch made it through and landed on her face, her hands would still run over his arm, transferring that lightning bolt to his body.

Noivian Noivian

It almost worked, until Nova did something.. Shocking. He caught a burst of electricity, enough to make him twitch, stun him for a moment. "H... How did you do that?" His moter skills were fried. He was locked in place, unable to move...

"Magic, bitch," Nova stated simply, taking a step back. She took her God damn time with this next move, cracking the knuckles on her right hand, tilting her head side to side to crack her neck joints as well. Her face screwed up in an angry glare, and she lightly pressed her right hand knuckles to his cheek, the hand in a fist. Winding up by pulling the hand back, she threw perhaps what would have been the hardest punch she's ever given, landing it mercifully on the cheek rather than somewhere painful like the nose or the eye. She could have just as easily decided to deck him in the nose and break it right off his face, but she didn't. When he inevitably fell over, she scowled down at him in disappointment, but didn't bother touching him further. No snarky one liners here - she was rubbing her right hand knuckles, waiting to see if he'd get up and fight like a man or crawl off like a coward.

DizjayDeathPride DizjayDeathPride

Noivian Noivian

"How could I be... So foolish..." Justin stood paralyzed by Nova's magic. How could he have known? He thought sparring with his vampire girlfriend gave him the edge he needed.... He was wrong. He could only wait for Nova's final move. "Just end it... Im a disgrace." Her fist sent him flying, an instant knock out on contact. The nap would do him just, jump start his brain. Or at least, it would have. Another student appeared as if out if nowhere beside Justin's body. With the golden blade he pulled from the arena rammed into Justin's chest, the mystery student decided to make chat. "We're here to get stronger and win. Mmm.... Or do you not get stronger from those that you kill?" He pulled the blade out and licked the blood off before talking to Nova. A malicious air came from the kid, not just because of his hemophilia. "My name is Alexander Quinton Sharp. Im a demon of kinds. Would you like to make a partnership? Together I think you and I could win this little bout. What do ya say?"

Nova was going to let the kid be. She was going to stand there and watch over his sprawled body, but then someone came over and pierced his chest... someone by the name of Alexander. Her blood boiled, her sense of justice flaring up. "How could you...?" she growled lowly, her fists rapidly clenching and unclenching. Sure, he had attempted to kill her, but he had learned from his mistake. He had paid for his attempted crimes, and verbally regretted it, along with physically receiving a punishment. To kill him was, ironically, overkill. Her teal eyes trained with a ferocity on Alexander. "No," she stated boldly. "Not after you killed someone in cold blood, right in front of me. You had no right to take his life!" she shouted at her, lightning coursing off her in waves, causing the crowd of combatants around her to either part or get shocked, like a static shock to prod them out of the way. Her right hand clenched, she used her left in an attempt to grab the kid's collar and bring him face to face with her, right hand raised threateningly in a fist. "How could you?" she repeated once again, through clenched teeth, expecting him to explain himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back