• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Archivists of Avida (Closed)

LostHaven

Error 404: Heaven not found.
Roleplay Type(s)
1656598463790.pngBooting avida.exe...

Bootup successful. Please enter your credentials.

USERNAME: [ ******* ]
Password: [ ********************** ]

Requesting further authentication. Proceed?

[ Y / N ]

[ Y ]

"Who gazes from beyond the veil?"

[ We, the arbiters of the World's machinations. ]

"What is thine purpose?"

[ To preserve the integrity of the World's principles. ]

"Who is thine enemy?"

[ They, who desecrate the World's mysteries. ]

Authentication successful. Identity verified. Granting access.

Access granted. Welcome to the Avida, Einherjar.

• The World undergoes an infinite cycle of rebirth and destruction.

For epoch, the duty of overseeing this unending cycle fell upon the shoulders of a single deity; The Arbiter of the World's Machinations, the Deus Ex Machina, 'Avida'. As eons pass, the God's body and mind eroded, as all things do with the inevitable passing of time. However, even in the absence of God, the cogs of machinery behind the fabric of the world must spin onward, and the mere thought of an aimless, perpetual cycle without a shepherd to guide it toward a better ending, terrified Avida, more so than its own encroaching demise.

And thus, as its own impending end approached, the God devised a plan; it would refine its divine authority to build and rebuild the world into a 'system' mortalkind could operate, and the authority of absolute control over the system would be passed down unto few select mortals, and to their sons and daughters after them. It fell now upon mortals to oversee the very cycle that governed their world.

"To you, you three honourable Magi, I bestow upon you a fragment of divine authority. With it, shape the flow of these rivers of time and chart the course of destiny; for the reincarnation of the world falls now unto your hands.

To mortalkind, I bestow each a sliver of God’s power; let magic flow through the world like blood through veins, and let it prosper and shine ever more radiant throughout the cycles. This is my humble wish; and this is your noble mission. Let the world smile ever brighter with each reincarnation, until you reach the ‘happy end’ we once so desired."

Even as life faded from the God's mechanical body, it rebuilt its corpse into the terminal through which the World System could be accessed; 'Yggdrasil'. And, the few mortal men that were granted the God's divine authority banded together into an organization that they named in honor of their fallen God; 'The Archivists of Avida'.

Though the three founders of the Archivsts faithfully upheld their sacred duty of arbitrating over the world's death and rebirth, the God failed to account for the impermanence of men, even despite the revelation of its own limited lifespan. Eventually, the extended lifespans of the three Founders also came to pass, and their duty fell upon their successors, and the successors of those thereafter. And, such is human nature, it was logically and feasibly impossible to quell ambition and the differing beliefs held by mortal men.

The world, and its life cycle would begin to change.

Deeming widespread Magic to be a threat to Avida, the gift God had granted to every living creature was plundered from them, and hidden away behind veils of secrecy, instead, giving way for technology to advance to a ruinous point of no return. With each 'death' of the world, its demise became more disastrous than the last, and increasing tragedy would follow the meddling to the world by the Archivists. Not only were the Archivists stumped in steering the world away from its inevitable, tragic end, they had unknowingly expedited the process.

Come the current cycle of the world; 1990BW-Δ. The Archivists toil tirelessly to correct the course of the world, endlessly studying apocalypses of previous reincarnations in a futile attempt to map the path toward the 'happy end' the God once so desired.

I cannot promise superb activity or anything of that nature, unfortunately, and may be prone to be spirited away by any of the eight winds at a moment. With that in mind, of you still want me present, I can give it an attempt sir.

I am very interested in being on this wild ride, at least until it crashes and kills all involved along with the spectators.

However, I will demand a tithe of big tiddy waifus, for such a thing is of course completely necessary.

I am very interested in being on this wild ride, at least until it crashes and kills all involved along with the spectators.

However, I will demand a tithe of big tiddy waifus, for such a thing is of course completely necessary.
I don't know why you'd come here of all places for PNGs of anime girls with sizeable chests instead of snorting up one of many gacha games you could download for free, but ok. Also no clue as to why you're demanding the inclusion of big tiddy waifus when you've said yourself that their presence is, unquestionably, absolutely necessary.

I cannot promise superb activity or anything of that nature, unfortunately, and may be prone to be spirited away by any of the eight winds at a moment. With that in mind, of you still want me present, I can give it an attempt sir.
Your call, my own frequency of posts too will probably be infrequent and sporadic, as I am a terrible father and despise my own children.

This stupid rp is no exception.

I don't know why you'd come here of all places for PNGs of anime girls with sizeable chests instead of snorting up one of many gacha games you could download for free, but ok. Also no clue as to why you're demanding the inclusion of big tiddy waifus when you've said yourself that their presence is, unquestionably, absolutely necessary.
Sometimes the obvious must be stated.

Well, this is certainly interesting premise. May as well join in the madness and throw my hat into the ring.

unknown.png

As charming as ever

Well, the only proper way of having a good ole cup of stress, is by witnessing the suffering of not only yourself but others as well. Plus, on the Stress train, the ride never ends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back