• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Arcanis | Massive Fantasy World Interest Check

Satanic Nightjar

reach for the stars and don't settle for the moon
WELCOME TO ARCANIS

Welcome to one of the largest fantasy lands of all, ripe with complex traditions, intriguing people, and many, many different races from elves to angels to humans. Despite the seemingly peaceful relationship between the separate species, humans have maintained the majority in the world, and as a result have influence and at least minor control of all of the lands surrounding their own. As a result, many of the other creatures that inhabit these lands despise them for their dominance, and if given a chance would not shy away from conflict. Tension eventually rose to the point of a war, now referred to as the "Age of Shadows". There was no victory, no triumph, simply the bitter taste of defeat on both sides. Thousands were lost, brave soldiers sacrificing their lives for a cause that would lead only to more suffering in the distant future. The sudden loss of so many lives demanded all the races come together to frantically attempt to piece their world back together into something at at least resembled what it was.

Now, precisely one hundred years after the war, a relatively peaceful time has come for Arcanis, known as the "Age of Unification" (though some argue that this is inaccurate, as separating the lands is hardly a way to unify a world). The vast world has been divided into five major kingdoms, each with their own ruler capable of creating their own laws and moving his or her people in a separate direction from its neighbors. In the center lies Godheim, a land of humans. It maintains at least partial control over the neighboring lands, and allows nearly all races inside its walls, whether they be tourists or there for negotiation between their peoples. They are the descendants of the men who initiated the war and threw the world into the Age of Shadows, and therefore must earn their trust through sacrifice and proven loyalty to its allies, time after time. Still, despite their apparent determination to prove themselves worthy of the trust of their allies, many still refuse to accept Godheim as a ruler, disobeying its laws and orders simply to see how severe the punishment will truly be. More often than not, they discover the hard way that the humans of the world are not merciful. Their capitol, Kyriarcho, is the central headquarters for the Shadow Brilliance, a rather mysterious group put in place by the king just after the AoS came to an end, although there are rumors that it has existed for hundreds, maybe thousands of years prior to that time. Its purpose is to maintain peace, and its lesser known mission is to eradicate the Demon-Human hybrids from the world. Each year, they travel the vast world of Arcanis, visiting each of the five kingdoms to recruit new members under the age of seventeen, considered the oldest possible age to successfully begin training. They are highly respected and their children and grandchildren will inherit this position if they remain loyal, so many strive to possess this guaranteed security for their future families.

Amadeum is among the smallest of all the kingdoms, but with far more advanced culture and technology that outsiders can barely begin to comprehend. It is mainly populated by elves, although their allies are occasionally granted the opportunity to remain there. Within its forests that stretch farther than any other in all of the world reside most of the magical creatures that exist in the world, containing wizards, sorcerers, and elementals, who control the elements (earth, air, fire, water, and Chaos), and have the ability to choose between a human form and the body of a dragon. The people of this world believe that life is meant to be lived simply, appreciating the smallest details, and despite their technology the majority of them choose to make their homes in rather small, hand built structures. Valuing love and equality above all else, they rarely refuse a visitor and maintaining peace with them has never been an issue in the past. They respect nature equally as they do their own kind, regarding it as a living creature. It's something like their own unique religion, although many residents would disagree with this comparison.

Eros is the smallest in size, but is among the largest in population. It's a land created for misfits and outcasts, horrible beasts who would never be accepted elsewhere. It is the only kingdom that allows human-demon hybrids, known as Daemonas, and as a result large towns and communities are difficult to maintain, as these creatures are destructive by nature. Fear and tension hang in the air throughout the lands that over the years have been reduced to ruins. For inhabitants of the other kingdoms, it seems like a completely different world. There is no difference or discrimination between the races--nobody cares who or what you are, it's survival of the fittest and you either adapt to the harsh conditions in your surroundings or you die a cruel death. As a result of the many different races and the conflict and death surrounding the area, a new law was put into place to control it and a mysterious group called the Shadow Brilliance was created to enforce it. A human woman stepped forward to take control of the kingdom, and has now ruled for more than a sixty rotations (their version of a year - approximately six months).

Mitheras is the largest of the kingdoms, and by far the most mysterious. It's inhabitants are far from those of their neighbors, occupied mainly by human-angel hybrids, and nearly all of the rare spirits and ghosts that exist in the world. Little is known about their culture and religion, as only a very few have ventured inside of the borders that separate it from the other kingdoms. Those fortunate handful reported wonder beyond any fantasy that our imaginations could create, but their oath of secrecy demanded that they not reveal any details. Mitheras revealed little of it's secrets, and the few that became known were only released for a very specific reason. Each year they boast the highest number of young recruits transported to Godheim to be trained and join the Shadow Brilliance, and for that reason are highly respected and envied by the neighboring kingdoms. However, it is simultaneously regarded as dangerous, as the ghosts and spirits from Mitheras are capable of driving a weaker mind to madness. Before entering the kingdom, the other neighboring lands always require a series of mental tests to determine if you are stable enough to withstand it.

Bevelar is the center of crafting and construction, and are therefore the wealthiest kingdom. Merchants and carpenters are the equivalent of nobles and knights in the neighboring lands. The inhabitants of this land value creativity and education above all else, children being taught the art of crafting sometimes as early as the age of six. The majority of the well-respected craftsmen are located in Vulcan, the capitol city. Hundreds of items are created each day, and thousands per week. Farmers provide food for not only Bevelar but also many of its allies for low prices, and as a result have little remaining for themselves after everything has been sold. They are also occasionally offered additional payment for transporting goods out of the kingdom, although this is rarely more than a few coins to keep a family alive for a few days. For this reason, they are the poorest in the kingdom, and are concealed and hidden from the other rulers so the kingdom can maintain it's good reputation. When allies enter the country, they are barely noticeable, like living ghosts walking the streets.

Volcanis is a mysterious land that has yet to prove its existence to the world. Rumors depict it as a massive, beautiful world full of wonder and magic and priceless goods. For hundreds of years it has been a race to locate it, searching for clues that may lead to it's eventual discovery. Despite many conflicting rumors, all can agree that the lucky man who finds it will be rich for the rest of his life, and all of his remaining wealth will certainly allow his children and grandchildren to enjoy a life of comfort and luxury. Some researchers have even made it their mission to uncover the mysteries of this land, and most agree that the legends are correct - it is completely constructed from water. However, the only map to its location is written in a language no one can decipher, and those who might possess the abilities necessary to make sense of it are either unwilling or long dead.

BASIC PLOT

The world is more peaceful than it has ever been. The five kingdoms are perhaps not all allies but none are enemies, and it is agreed that this is only the beginning of a new age for Arcanis. However, after a major catastrophe strikes the land, the world is thrown once again into chaos. A mysterious group with no name, only a symbol painted in blood to mark their involvement in certain "accidents" is destroying life as we know it on a scale no one would have thought possible. Death and terror are the only things that remain constant as dozens are killed each week, randomly murdering with no pattern. As panic sets in, everyone is growing more and more desperate to get it under control. The Shadow Brilliance is working around the clock to find the men and women behind these brutal attacks, but they have made no progress.

Eventually, it is agreed that the magic contained with Volcanis is the only hope for the world. The only issue with this idea is that the five kingdoms each refuse to allow the other to go alone and allow the control of power beyond anyone's comprehension to go into one kings hands. Each kingdom can send one or two of their best soldiers to venture out on a quest to locate the hidden world. They're forced to see past the differences and disagreements between their different races and cooperate to make the final hope for their world a success. They have no idea of the sort of obstacles they will face, only that failure is not an option.

ROLEPLAY EXPECTATIONS

If you made it through all of that information, you are a very brave soul, who belongs as part of a group embarking on the journey of a lifetime. I would love to take you on this wild adventure, but first we have a few minor guidelines and expectations.

1) Be kind and respectful to all of your fellow roleplayers. We are one big family, there's no need to be rude to anyone else. If you have a problem with someone else's character or behavior, please send me a private message and I will deal with it as I see fit.

2) If you're planning to use BBCode in your responses/character sheet, please make sure that it's mobile friendly or at least readable on a mobile device. I don't personally use RPNation on my phone, but I know that there are others that do on a regular basis and I want this roleplay to be open and easy for everyone to use.

3) Please be able to post at least once a week. I'm okay if you stretch this rule once in a while, I know I will on occasion, but try to follow it possible. I know that life can be overwhelming and get in the way of RPing, and I totally understand - take all the time you need, life comes first, always. But I'd appreciate a heads up if you're going to be gone for an extended period of time, maybe even permission to take control of your character if it's going to be an extremely long time. Typically I will not ask this of you but if you're going to be gone for a month it's really the only way to continue the roleplay if you're hoping to rejoin upon your return.

4) Please be able to write at least capable of writing detailed responses. I prefer at least three-four paragraphs, but I will accept one if nothing exciting is happening aside from a simple conversation. However, please keep in mind that I despise one liners. They're unnecessary and they don't contribute to the story. Even if your character is just talking, you can add detail. Describe their surroundings, the tone of their voice, the expression on their faces.

5) Have fun, and let your imaginations run wild! I love new ideas and suggestions, and plot twists make everything better. The more detailed and exciting we can be, the better!

CHARACTERS

The character threads will be posted soon, assuming that I get enough interest for this roleplay. However, if you want to go ahead and get started, here's a basic outline for you to follow while creating a character. There may be more added when the actual thread is up, I'm not sure. I'm going to go ahead and say a maximum of three characters per person. I may have to limit this more depending on how much interest I get.

Name:
Age: (18+ please for main characters. A bit lower is acceptable for side characters.)
Species: (Feel free to be creative, pretty much anything is acceptable but I'd appreciate a PM if it's not something here in the interest check. Just a heads up though, I don't like werewolves and vampires, I feel like they're a bit overused. If you want to roleplay with them, please go elsewhere.)
Kingdom: (Godheim, Amadeum, Eros, Mitheras, Bevelar)
Job/Education:
Weapons (optional):
Magical Abilities (optional):

Appearance: (Please include a picture along with a description! I prefer realistic over anime. You can give this in paragraph form or in specific details (Examples: Eye color: blue | hair color: brown | clothes: ___, and so on.)

Background: (Please have a minimum of a paragraph describing their past. If you want to keep it fairly basic you have the option of revealing some during the roleplay.)
Personality: (Please have a minimum of a paragraph describing their basic personality.)
Strengths: (You can give this in paragraph form or in a list.)
Weaknesses: (You can give this in paragraph form or in a list.)
Fatal Flaw: (What is the greatest weakness of your character?)
Likes: (You can give this in paragraph form or in a list.)
Dislikes: (You can give this in paragraph form or in a list.)
Skills:

Additional: (Anything else that you'd like to add?)

GETTING STARTED

I'm going to give this thread a couple of weeks before I actually post the characters and lore, both to give it time to get all the interest it's going to get, and also to allow me time to complete or at least get a decent start on the lore. I appreciate your patience, feel free to request some updates occasionally if you're curious. I'm not the fastest person in the world, but I will try to keep this roleplay alive and thriving as long as it goes on. If you have any questions, either put it down in the thread below, PM me, or put it in the OOC if it's be posted. There will be a discord chat created in the near future to serve the same purpose if that is simpler for you. The same goes for suggestions - as I said before, I love making our roleplay more interesting and exciting. Just because I'm the game master does not mean I'm the only one in control of what happens in the roleplay, and I'd LOVE to hear what you have to say.

Thank you so much for stopping by my interest check, I appreciate every one of you! If you're interested, tell me down below and I'll let you know when the threads are up!

Opens door

Hello, I would like to say I'm interested in what you're selling. I'll probably gun for an elemental [of what element, I've yet to decide] in Amadeum because I'm a sucker for peace-loving folks who can fight if they are forced to.

Opens door

Hello, I would like to say I'm interested in what you're selling. I'll probably gun for an elemental [of what element, I've yet to decide] in Amadeum because I'm a sucker for peace-loving folks who can fight if they are forced to.
Awesome, I'll let you know when the threads are up!

Awesome, I'll let you know when the threads are up!

By the by, for the elementals, were you thinking more human in appearance? Or something like dryads that are more of their element rather than human?

And I'm slightly curious on the Chaos element. But if you need time, there's no rush to answering the questions!

By the by, for the elementals, were you thinking more human in appearance? Or something like dryads that are more of their element rather than human?

And I'm slightly curious on the Chaos element. But if you need time, there's no rush to answering the questions!
More human in appearance, but they have the ability to change to a dragon form at will. I'm still working on the elementals, though, so I hope the lore thread will answer most of your questions when it's completed.

This looks really cool. I can appreciate the effort. I will be keeping an eye out, seeing how this develops. I already have a few ideas running about my head. Good luck with developing this. I hope it gets a bit more attention.

Interested in this plot! If you've got space and are willing to have me, I would be extremely happy to jump aboard. I've got a few character ideas in mind, but will stray from stating them until progression towards the RPs threads comes along.

Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar - hey, I think that RPnation deleted your post tagging us. I don't think you are allowed to post links to Discord here anymore. You may need to PM it to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back