• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
In the world of Ara, nothing ever truly dies, due to the infinite cycle of death and rebirth, spirits walk side by side with the living and while it is rare for one to remember their past lives or afterlife for that matter reincarnation is simply a fact of the world…that is until they created the demons, capable of the ultimate sin, even greater than that of murder…finality, unleashing a plague upon the world the likes none have ever seen before robbing the world of the sun and moon alike. The world was almost doomed until the fae stepped in to save the world as its new rulers.

The land of Souls is a fantasy RP. In this RP your character for one reason or another has lived a sheltered life, they know little to nothing about the world, this can be for any number of reasons for example:

You can have lived on a farm your entire life.
You are the pampered child of a noble who has never left the grounds of the estate.
You were raised by a secret clan of warriors that have been training you in seclusion.
You are a slave that hasn't been taught even some of the most basic things about the world since your duties are all that should matter in the eyes of your masters.
You've lived on an island or deep in the mountains your entire life living a simple life with no knowledge of the outside world.
You have Amnesia
Hell you can even have been isekaied here.

We will be doing a fish out of water story for your character, why? Because this world has a lot of lore and since I don't want to overwhelm anyone, you will be learning about this world as we go along. You can make any kind of character you want and we will tweak and adapt or to fit into the world. No matter what you choose something will force you into the outside world, rather is be simple curiosity or something else, please keep in mind that the examples I have put above are not the only options for you they are just examples if you have another idea you'd like to try, that's fine, we can just discuss it. I am open to ideas, don't think that we can only do my ideas, we can do yours. I will just tweak and adapt them so that they fit the rules of the world, but of course, we will discuss it so that I can make sure we are both cool with it.

For example, if you wanted your character to be able to do anti-magic, you can have anti-magic just under the world's rules. If you wanted your character to be a demon, because of how the world works you could never be a full demon, well I suppose you could if you were into the idea once I explained how demons work in this world otherwise you'd have to be at least a drop mortal for it to work, but these are all things we can discuss in PM.

Small basic details about the world you should know.

Seeing ghosts is normal, roughly about half the population of the world are spirits that roam the earth and everyone sees it as normal.
Reincarnation is a known fact of the world.
There is no sun or moon in this world, instead, there are two crystalline asteroid belts that criss-cross and circle the planet kind of like the rings of Saturn called the corona. The Dawning Corona is gold and shines during the day and the Evening Corona is Silver and shines during the night and what can be compared to the northern lights can be seen in the sky 24/7 unless it's cloudy or something for some reason.

So here are my rules.

Basic RPN and RP etiquette stuff you know what and what not to do and what is generally frowned upon in RP.

I am not hung up on post lengths, you do now have to match me to be my partner as I don't believe post length equates to quality or fun. That being said I would appreciate the effort, please respond to the posts I made adequately, meaning that if something is happening that directly involves your character or a character you are playing I need you to respond to it, that means if there is a fight you cannot just right "They dodge" please explain how I think you get what I mean.

Romance is an option but not mandatory, you don't have to decide from the start, if you decide in the beginning that you want no romance I will not hold it against you if later you change your mind and you want it to be a thing. I am LGBTQ friendly so don't worry about it, rather I will be uncomfortable with it as my characters are usually Bi or Pan anyway.

Tell me if you have any triggers or boundaries in RP so we don't run into any awkward or uncomfortable situations.

PM me if you are interested or if you're too new to PM comment here and I'll PM you. I do like to talk OOC too so don't think it has to be strictly about the RP when we talk, but if that's all you want to talk about that's fine too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back