• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ [a visual novel]

Zweit

Arting Starvist
Hello friends! I'm making a thread here to see if anyone would be interested in reading the visual novel I've been working on for the last year. It's nearly finished and in desperate need of avid readers and creative minds!

Welcome to the proper thread for Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
a fantasy/adventure visual novel.

aq20_2.png

Completely free to play as was the original though now with a much more vivid and expanded world to explore. Still mostly kinetic though now with the ability to change certain course of events through the player's actions and choices. While romance isn't a main focus, it is now an option.

The original story was broken up into three separate arcs.

Presently, Arc 1 is sitting at 18.5k words and 1.5-2hrs read time.
Download for Windows, Linux, and Android

The entire script itself is clocking in at 56,761 words and counting.

itch.io

C4Gh5nA.png

The winds of fate rush in with the summer breeze.Travelers the land over come to take part in the annual festival and celebrate the lasting time of peace after previous years of war and strife. As paper lanterns begin decorating the coastlines above, there surges a troubling shift of tides through the underwater haven of the nerida below.

Join Kaizarel - the wayward prince of the isles - as he embarks on an exciting night at the summer festival. Where he meets friends both new and old, including a mysterious stranger with rare purple eyes just like his own. In his attempts to discover the connection he and this strange visitor have in common, Kaizarel instead finds himself embroiled in both the politics of land and sea, as well as unearthing family secrets long buried beneath the sands.

Will history be re-written, as waves upon the sand?
Or will bloodshed remain?

LUTRLD3.png

VIugee2.png

XVitiJh.png

I9yEXQA.png

cJpoUJD.png

3l1eDxE.png

Z393Amk.png

DE30O3e.png

Hf5rW9M.png

6WsQhnn.png

9I5GPUT.png

Last edited:
Polishing things up in Arc 2, so still looking for some enterprising readers to give me feedback and critique for what I have in Arc 1!

I keep forgetting to download this and test it out!!!

I can't seem to download it to my phone, but I'll try on my computer tomorrow! I will not forget!!

I keep forgetting to download this and test it out!!!

I can't seem to download it to my phone, but I'll try on my computer tomorrow! I will not forget!!
Oh nice! I'll be looking forward to your feedback and critique.

The only download for phones is for Android, otherwise it's only Linux and Windows.

I finally figured out how to get it running! I haven't finished playing yet. I've only just gotten to the point of Kai and Frain arriving at the market to locate his friend. XD But I love everything about it so far.

The sound effects and music are good and not overbearing.

The story gives you little details about the history without cramming a whole bunch into your mind and making it dull.

The pace of it isn't moving too fast or too slow! :)

I finally figured out how to get it running! I haven't finished playing yet. I've only just gotten to the point of Kai and Frain arriving at the market to locate his friend. XD But I love everything about it so far.

The sound effects and music are good and not overbearing.

The story gives you little details about the history without cramming a whole bunch into your mind and making it dull.

The pace of it isn't moving too fast or too slow! :)
Glad to hear. The pacing was something in particular I was concerned about, as the first incarnation over 10+ years ago had a lot of folks telling us that the beginning was an infodump and a bit of a slog to get through. I'm glad to hear that I was able to fix that with the changes I made to the story.

I'll be looking forward to hearing your more in detail thoughts once you finish the demo. Feel free to message me if you're worried about posting spoilers here. Or even make use of the /spoiler tag, for that matter.

Looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back