• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Apunkalypse: The Awakening

Error 420

One Thousand Club

• The world watches with tired eyes as the mandatory corporate concert goes into its third act, another group of clean young men dressed very nicely, strumming away at a song that's been pumped through everybody's ears over and over for weeks and weeks. The same four chords fall on the same four beats, the same four haircuts with a jacket and tie instead of a personality. When they get to the fifteenth chorus, however, the stage goes dark.

All over the world, people mindlessly fumble with their remote controls to try to watch on another channel, when a voice pierces through the silence.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I am here to educate you."

A bass starts strumming a G, its rhythmic thumping cutting through the air like helicopter blades.

"For too long, you've all been told to think the same thoughts, to wear the same clothes, to do the same goddamn thing day in and day out."

An 808 pounds along with the bass, each granting the other an intense power.

"My name is Astaroth"

the voice pauses as a guitar strikes a G power chord:

"Lucifious"

Another chord, spanning through the octaves, as the bass moves through the scales with the fury of a thousand suns:

"DEATH-HAND."

On stage, the band appears, the greatest punk rockers this world has ever known, led by none other than Astaroth Lucifious Death-Hand, the God of Guitar, the Buddha of Bass, the Dharmic Doctor of Drums. Lady Fyre leads the band into a firey melody, flames of bright blue flowing off the neck of her bass and onto the stage, forming a wall of fire as the song kicks into gear. From his board of assorted percussive toys, Doctor Storm moves with the speed of lightning, thunder providing the beat, electricity flowing through him and around the stage. All those watching at home, all those who have heard Death-Hand's pirate radio, who have been waiting for the call, reach for their instruments. They know that the day has come.

It's Apunkalypse.

Or, it should be. Screens all across the world go black, speakers cut out. The silence is deafening. It's broken with a single beep, and a message, spoken by a metallic voice. "PLEASE DISREGARD THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE. THE PERPETRATORS BEHIND THIS ATTACK HAVE BEEN APPREHENDED. RETURN TO YOUR BUNKS IMMEDIATELY. THE WORK DAY BEGINS IN 9 HOURS."

Is this the end of creativity? The end of humanity? Will you take up your ax, your pick? Will you fight for all things metal, punk, and rock?

I'm in, if you'll have me. I never get to see PbtA games here and would love to play. Have to think about my character, though.

Thinking of a secretary for Endura Corparatin who, when she can, at night either listens to punk Rock music in her basement at a moderately low level so people can't here it or goes to illegal gatherings and plays her own Punk Rock for those people

Thinking of a secretary for Endura Corparatin who, when she can, at night either listens to punk Rock music in her basement at a moderately low level so people can't here it or goes to illegal gatherings and plays her own Punk Rock for those people
What instrument and what style?

Yes we are.
Nice! Based on the setting I dont know if youre planning on using the traditional playbooks for the characters, but I was thinking something like either a battlebabe or skinner for my character. My idea so far is basically a gothrock singer who's trying to join the resistance on behalf of her band.

cran cran I'm using adapted versions of the traditional playbooks. As for the battlebabe, everything there looks good, but we'll be using the Monster of the Week basic moves, and we'll be replacing the gear in the playbook with your instrument. I don't know if you want your instrument to be a microphone or your voice, PM me with what you're thinking and we can figure out what it means statistically. Also, feel free to do whatever you want with your Look, and we'll leave History up to whatever you come up with for your character.

So what have we got so far. Cause all I know for sure is a Goth punk singer and a punk Rock drummer who is also a secretary for the CEO of Endura Corps.

Give it a few days, dice roleplayers are like rare tortoises. They appear very seldomly and move rather slowly.

Ah OK, I'm usually at fantasy and fandom which are much more like rabbit, everywhere and ready to go

I’m thinking spell-singer playbook as a lead guitarist. The guitar being the focus, fingering the strings for incantations, and dance moves for gestures.

If it does go ahead, I'd be interested! Would likely need help character building, since the system is new to me, but looks really cool!

I'm still interested. I hope there's more consistent activity going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back