Tech Apple vs Android

Apple Or Android?

• Total voters
Notice I said "before", not "after". Jailbroken iPhones are almost as useful as an Android device, but they are still just crappy computers.

Enabling promiscuous mode in most phones is a hacky nightmare to outright impossible, I have yet to see programs being compiled in a phone, the touch keyboards are all AWFUL and generally you won't be able to do anything with them that the manufacturer/OS provider didn't want you to do.

I like Android because of the many different phones they have. (I guess this kinda falls into the openness of it as stated before). I have a Moto X first generation, and I am quite proud of it (currently typing this on said phone). Again with the openness, its very customizable. When you first look around their website and choose to get the phone, you have the option of black or white. Or any colour you want. They even have an option to make it look like its wood. Its also very durable. You can drop it quite a lot before it breaks (I once threw mine across a room because I got mad, still didn't break). I also find that because it has a bigger screen, I have more room to do things. Another great feature is that its a Google phone. Meaning its pretty d*mn smart. I may not have Siri, who can tall back to you, but I can do so much more. Google recognizes where you like to eat, and gives you directions. It also does that for home and work. Its a very good navigator, constantly making sure you avoid bad traffic. Plus, if you make plans, and put it on a calendar or email the people who need to know about it, it'll make sure you do what you need to do. While all that's nice and handy, I love the battery. It charges in less then an hour, and takes a pretty long while for it to drain. It also has a nice battery saver, which can be pretty convenient. I know on phones like the note, they have a battery saver that can let them go on for days on end. While its not on Lollipop yet (sadly ;3;) its still a very nice phone. Great camera too.

Honestly, Apple. I don't do much modification of my phone/laptop, or any of the stuff that most people like Android for. I do my work and thats about it. I like Apple because I like the way both the phone and laptop looks, and at the time when I bought both, I could afford it. So I didn't feel the need to go for a cheaper price if I preferred the appearance of a different laptop. I have been debating switching to an Android phone for a while, but currently I don't have the money and I have a very useful, usable iPhone. Until the iPhone stops providing what I need, Apple will be good for me.

I get the debate though. I used to do a lot of modifying in regards to my laptop (well, PC) and my current MacBook would have never been able to do that. I assume it's the same with the iPhone vs Android phone.

Android since that's what I'm currently using. Only because it's easier to load my old MP3s and play the games I like on it. I don't really do a lot of the rooting or customisation stuff a lot of Android users do on their phone. What's important for me is that I can use it to play games, music and just serve as a general distraction while I'm waiting in line or riding the bus home or whatever. It's a lot more affordable too.

That said, I do understand where people who use Apple come from. It is a very versatile brand.

Apple seems to be all the rage, and a status thing nowadays. Kind of "I can afford a 1k phone, so I'm better than you" thing for ones, and just inertia for the rest. They do look good, tho. But it is absolute shit to their users and customers. For this specific reason my views on Apple are strictly negative, and I prefer more user-friendly and customizable Android. Aye, more common, and all us lowlifes use it, but we use it for a reason.

I really like Apple's UI. Its streamline, easy to see, and most apps work much better on IOS than any of the android OS (in my experience, my fb messenger app crashed my phone because my fiance sent me 2 gifs, I have a samsung s8). I really liked my iphone when I had it butttt

Apple's hardware is crap. I've dropped my s8 several times, no cracking (it has a phone case, but nothing crazy like otterbox or something), I like the headphone jack, and its just much more sturdy than apple phones in my experience.

iOS is ten times better than android, but I prefer the hardware of android phones... so I'm undecided. I wouldn't really count Samsung as android, because they have their own OS.

For me, Android is pretty customizable, ever heard of Nova Launcher? you can pretty much customize all most anything of the homepage, widgets and the app drawer. I feel like making a device personalized to your needs is pretty okay for me.

Every time I’ve had an Android it’s broken after the first year. Either cracked or just bugged out and extremely slow. I’ve kept every iPhone I’ve had which is only 2 for more than 3 or 4 years & they were perfectly fine. But everyone has different experiences.

I chose android because I have an Iphone now and there's no headphone jack. Though, even android (the various companies) is making the 3.5 jack the way of the dodo. The only flagship Android phone still with it is the s10. Other than that, either one would serve my purpose.

Apple vs Android is the modern day Cats vs Dogs argument.

Everyone has an opinion, no one is wrong, and some odd folks like both. It is fun to watch Apple and Samsung continually try to one-up each other, though.

Apple vs Android is the modern day Cats vs Dogs argument.

Everyone has an opinion, no one is wrong, and some odd folks like both. It is fun to watch Apple and Samsung continually try to one-up each other, though.

In the end it's the consumer that wins o3o

Apple. Nothing wrong with Android, but I find that my iPhone X is so much prettier than any Android phone.

I don’t know how Samsung manages to fuck up their camera quality (opinion) all the time but Apple always improves it.

Apple. Nothing wrong with Android, but I find that my iPhone X is so much prettier than any Android phone.

I don’t know how Samsung manages to fuck up their camera quality (opinion) all the time but Apple always improves it.

I respect you're opinion, but I just wanted to say I find it crazy these days that people can find fault with the cameras in flagship phones. I mean between the Iphone X and Samsung Note 9 they both have crazy good cameras, and specs wise are almost identical. As someone who works with phone sales I am with the latest Apple and Android products daily and they both continue to impress.

I mean when Apple Insider is complimenting Samsung phones you know they are putting out quality.

I respect you're opinion, but I just wanted to say I find it crazy these days that people can find fault with the cameras in flagship phones. I mean between the Iphone X and Samsung Note 9 they both have crazy good cameras, and specs wise are almost identical. As someone who works with phone sales I am with the latest Apple and Android products daily and they both continue to impress.

I mean when Apple Insider is complimenting Samsung phones you know they are putting out quality.

I only say that from experience. I have the iPhone X, a friend had the new Samsung S10 or whatever the heck it’s called. Yes, both phones have good cameras, but I always find that the Samsung’s appear so.. grainy. Then other times they look so much sharper than Apple’s.

I’ve had the iPhone 4s, 5s, 6s Plus, and now the iPhone X. I’ve known people with the corresponding Samsung’s. Their cameras are always so different and I’ve always favored Apple’s because of the fact that some Samsung’s pictures always have a weird grain.

Unrelated: Samsung emojis are ugly. But that’s just coming from someone who, once she upgraded to the 4s in 8th grade, became iPhone gang all the way.

I only say that from experience. I have the iPhone X, a friend had the new Samsung S10 or whatever the heck it’s called. Yes, both phones have good cameras, but I always find that the Samsung’s appear so.. grainy. Then other times they look so much sharper than Apple’s.

I’ve had the iPhone 4s, 5s, 6s Plus, and now the iPhone X. I’ve known people with the corresponding Samsung’s. Their cameras are always so different and I’ve always favored Apple’s because of the fact that some Samsung’s pictures always have a weird grain.

Unrelated: Samsung emojis are ugly. But that’s just coming from someone who, once she upgraded to the 4s in 8th grade, became iPhone gang all the way.

Welp to each their own I guess o3o

I say Apple solely because of the iPad Pro line. Seriously untouchable. Like honestly they deserve a lot more credit than they get for creating such a stunning machine.

Although I prefer Android for the customization and the more freedom when it comes to tweaking your phone(if you want to do ANYTHING development/code related on your iphone, you are shit out of luck), the Macbooks are excellent devices for day to day use. If you are a Student or you work on a computer a lot and have to move, I'd advise you to get an older Macbook Pro (Virtually any model before 2015 is incredible) as it is just incredible in terms of speed and lifespan as long as you don't fuck it. My Mac, though old, also allows me to code for iOS devices in a much easier way. Apple has sorta gone to complete shit lately though. Almost all of their newer devices are complete garbage. The iPad Pro is interesting but it is just incredibly niche and it just is unnecessary when you have access to their macbooks. The overall design and accessibility that a Macbook provides is great so don't think you'd lose out on a lot by getting a cheaper version. Don't fall into a trap of wasting 5k dollars as Apple is really good at making you spend money.

The ideal setup would be a high end Android phone, a macbook and a PC you can build at home for gaming and whatnot. Am currently building up money for the latter.

I've never owned an Android device but I'm pretty sure there are more apps available to Apple users and there are some apps that aren't available for Android. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I always had an Android since the Samsung Galaxy, and I could never get the hype on I Phones is. Oh, this phone can play videos on 4k, ultra high definition that you can see this guys nose hair.... Okay, so you just upgraded the video and camera quality, then I will buy a tv where the quality of the picture is so good that see that same guys nose hair. As long as I can just watch my videos, read on the Android I currently have, and go on sites I like to go on, like this one, then it's just good enough for me.

I know that I am really exaggerating here about the quality. Would rather get a good gaming laptop then pay the insane price of I Phones and unfortunate, some of the newer Androids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back