• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Apple Pie: The Hometown Slice

What age group should this focus on?

• Teenagers (16-19)

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Young Adults (20-29)

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FireMaiden

Grade A Bitch
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

coollogo_com-99605654.png
giphy.gif
  • Welcome to Hadbury, Georgia, population 629. The ideal small American town nestled in the land of peaches. Nothing much happens here, the same quiet people and events every year. The same mom and pop stores that have been open for as long as you can remember. You grew up here, it's all you really know outside of the brief trips to the bigger cities at least 45 minutes away. But you love it here. The parades, the dances, watching Mr. Jenkins chase the stray dog Spot (that everyone loves) out of his diner after of course, giving the little mutt a fresh biscuit and ham. You love the way the air smells in the fall, how in spring and summer you can always find someone selling fresh fruit or maybe a kid with some lemonade. Even if rain isn't your most favorite weather, even it has the small-town charm. You even love the way red clay sticks to your clothes.

Or maybe you just moved here. You'd have to have moved here, we don't get many tourists. We're pretty hard to find after all but the moment you got here...it felt like home. Not many people are wary of outsiders, and your first slice of Miss Dansby's pie was on the house. It's so far away from the hustle and bustle of the city, you can't help but to feel safe. You learn that the lake is where you go swimming (just watch out for snakes) and that the swamp at the back of the town bordering the old houses isn't as bad as it looks. Maybe you miss the city noise, being so used to it after all...but you can't deny the crickets and cicadas are just as easy to sleep to.

And it seems like something is always going on. Whether it's something thrown by the town, or maybe just some gossip at Tom's. It's a small town, after all, rumors spread quickly. Church and Football are always on Sundays, though local games are typically on Friday nights, and you absolutely can't skip when John and Janice put out their fried chicken sandwich challenge. It seems like the perfect small town, the perfect home and smiling faces...but even a town like this has its secrets.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of watching Gilmore Girls for the first time so this has me super excited! I'm weak for a quirky small town.
(I love all kinds of pie, but i also love almost every dessert I've ever had so it's hard for me to pick a favorite.)

Yay! I was super worried I wouldn't get any interest lol
I'll get the CS up later tonight (given my sleep schedule is really fucked, it will probably be some ungodly time I should be sleeping lol)
I still have a few other town information things to set up, but I'll have the discord link up soon so you can ask questions

Yay! I was super worried I wouldn't get any interest lol
I'll get the CS up later tonight (given my sleep schedule is really fucked, it will probably be some ungodly time I should be sleeping lol)
I still have a few other town information things to set up, but I'll have the discord link up soon so you can ask questions
You said to pitch character concepts to you— would you like us to DM you those pitches before we go ahead and make the cs?

You said to pitch character concepts to you— would you like us to DM you those pitches before we go ahead and make the cs?
Oh you don't have to do that. I need a writing sample after you post a CS, and your character needs to be accepted before posting in the main thread once it's up. I'll either like/love your character or quote and tell you whether they're accepted or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back