App Feedback Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
2vdli1f.jpg

This is how I view the page on the Android Browser.

I didn't even see the giant "App" in the title, I'm so sorry.
I will try to download the app and see if the problem persists.
Thank you!

The download was successful, but the forums are taking quite a bit of time to load. There is only a white screen with a loading icon. I got to this thread through my alert feed, but the pages are working once the box with the arrow icons appeared. I'll report the browser issue in a separate thread if need to.

You can post browser bugs here. We've been compiling a list from user-reported issues.

Hi! On IOS device. I am getting notifications on my phone from my own PM replies. I'm answering the PMs on my laptop, if that makes a difference.

Is there going to be an app update in the near future? The mobile site has grown slow and crashes Chrome, making it difficult to post. The app is extremely hard to navigate without a lot of functionality the site has. Is there an update coming up?

I have andriod, I believe it's not the newest, but the last version of software.

The bug that I experienced, it will show that there is a extra page to a thread, then when clicked to go to the next page, it gives the error that something happened and to contact admin help.

good morning!! will we be able to see our own content in the profile soon? (Plus my profile won’t update with my new amount of messages and followers)

also, will the notifications become more specific? (i.e. “user posted in ___” instead of “user posted in a thread you replied to”?)

Hi so as far as I can tell this hasn't been brought up, but I keep getting push notifications that either "people are replying to threads I'm watching" or "someone has tagged me in a post" when neither of these are true. In fact, they're usually from members I've never seen before on threads I've never seen before. It's only happened like 4 times and it's easy to look up but it's just kinda weird! *This is only push notifications, not site alerts

Will any of these issues be assessed soon? The app is too broken for me to use. It's currently not worth the space on my phone as the mobile site works perfectly.

No rush. The mobile site is great. Everything works on it. I just feel bad having an app and not using it because of the big issues. It makes things harder.

No rush. The mobile site is great. Everything works on it. I just feel bad having an app and not using it because of the big issues. It makes things harder.

Agreed.

This is a service we pay for, to have the app maintained and such. We haven’t been getting the best communication. The mobile site works great because it’s just the site being responsive and shrinking down to your phone size. It just natively does that.

iOS (Apple) is apparently supporting push notifications soon like android does without apps(because it works on desktop browsers).

If we could get proper notification support (which is what the app is used for at this point), we could just safely drop it. The app I mean.

Last edited:
I don't know. The only thing the app is better at than a mobile site, imo, is sending notifications to your mobile whenever you get a message/subscription reply. Overall, the mobile website is much better, in my opinion, as it's light and easy to use, it saves most of the formatting (thus you can use it within it, and see how it'll be looking on your computer), and it keeps all the icons/symbols, so the navigation is easy.

The app is a great idea, but it's very... plain and raw. I'd say 'boring', but this doesn't show the correct emotional ground. I mean, the site itself isn't looking 'fun', it's simple and functional. But with colour schemes and icons it's very easy to navigate. I know that when I see a cube, I'm looking at a dice section of the RPs, or when I see the controller, that's a games section. It's lacking on the app, and slows down navigation. I guess that makes the app less user-friendly than a mobile website.

But then, with such a great mobile site, why's the app needed? o_0

Hey, I'm experiencing a minor bug with my app. It doesn't bother me too much, just figured I'd say something so it's not unnoticed (could have already been said here for all I know).

Operating System: iOS 11.2.6
Phone: iPhone 8

Every once in a while (roughly once a day, possibly less) I'll get a notification that someone has replied to a thread I'm watching. When I open the app through the notification, I'm taken to a thread I've never seen before. When I get the notification and pull up the web version, I have no alerts. I think maybe the mobile version randomly tags me for no reason sometimes?
Again, doesn't bother me hardly at all, but figured I'd say something.

Hey, I'm experiencing a minor bug with my app. It doesn't bother me too much, just figured I'd say something so it's not unnoticed (could have already been said here for all I know).

Operating System: iOS 11.2.6
Phone: iPhone 8

Every once in a while (roughly once a day, possibly less) I'll get a notification that someone has replied to a thread I'm watching. When I open the app through the notification, I'm taken to a thread I've never seen before. When I get the notification and pull up the web version, I have no alerts. I think maybe the mobile version randomly tags me for no reason sometimes?
Again, doesn't bother me hardly at all, but figured I'd say something.
Same thing happens to me, I usually look on the website for the username, and it's some thread that I've never seen from someone I've never heard of. Not a real inconvenience, but confusing.

I have a problem on the site in that a lot doesn't work properly, but I left that problem behind because I downloaded the app and thought myself the smartest person in the room. However, with the app, I cannot delete or edit my posts or discussions, and I'm not sure I can search.

iPhone 4

To those replying, the app is known to have issues, but is on hold for any fixes to known issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back