App Feedback Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
i haven't used the app too much, but i just went to use the conversations section and found that the end of my (and the other person's) replies were cut off.

this is on ios for me.. not sure if it's a glitch with my phone or the app but i thought i'd mention it anyway since it works fine in every other app i have and the conversations are fine on the mobile version of the website.
also sorry if this has been mentioned, i briefly looked through the thread but if i missed it then sorry!

Seconding the bit about the iOS app showing up as a giant phone.

IMG_0136.PNG

I use an iPad 4, one of them old ones. NBD though, I see this all the time with apps that are made for phones but not tablets. Discord used to be like this a year and some change ago, and the iOS apps we make at work are like this too. //shrug

I imagine the dev will get around to a tablet-friendly version eventually, the smartphone users are more important right now imo.

Using IOS 10.3.2 iPhone 6, I have an empty conversation center and it crashes half a second after opening inbox.

New bug, unless someone's mentioned it already. Conversations won't scroll up anymore, they jerk down to the bottom again as soon as you try.

First of all, I just wanna say good job, and thank you for making the app. But some of the known issues for me is the app crashes(generally when I move too fast, so that's understandable), but I also the links posted in threads and stuff won't work either. I'm using an IOS SE at the moment.

Lenovo Vibe C with Android 5.1.1 here, app doesn't allow me to log in. Login button doesn't react when I tap it.

Won't let me press the Login button

I use Android ver 5.0, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.0

EDIT: Nevermind, i saw Gegawat post's and tried to re-enter my username and password carefully. I can log in now. Yeah, i agree. A wrong username / password pop out would be nice

EDIT 2: When a Notification pops out from a thread i watched, it supposed to bring me to that reply in the thread right? It redirects me to the first post of a page, that cannot be scrolled down (so i cannot check whether there is a page button below or not)

Last edited:
Hello! Would asking for a 'search' option for a thread be too much to ask for in the app? I think it would be beneficial of you're able to make it happen!

EDIT 2: When a Notification pops out from a thread i watched, it supposed to bring me to that reply in the thread right? It redirects me to the first post of a page, that cannot be scrolled down (so i cannot check whether there is a page button below or not)
There's not a page button.
The app is supposed to load every single post on a thread at once, before you can even scroll down apparently (yes, on a single screen), however, if you do so with extensive threads (for example our OOC thread at AEGIS that is freaking 50+ pages long), it may fail to read all of the posts and just freeze. Since it just freezes and/or won't let me scroll until it's done, which it's definitely going to take QUITE A WHILE, I can't even test if the app will eventually get me to the new post or not : / (EDIT: It does so on smaller threads, so I'm assuming it would now)
It seems to be outright crashing noticeably less for me now tho, so that's a good thing.

Android 6.0.1, Samsung Galaxy S5

Last edited:
Another thing I just noticed. (this is minor and not urgent)

The app is perfectly converting BB Code color tabs to the actual colors when they were typed in as a Hex code, BUT! They seem to simply go out of existence if I wrote them by using their names.
So, if I typed 'Deeppink' or 'Steelblue' instead of, for example '#535353', the tags aren't in there but the colors simply don't show up as well...

EDIT: Also, the 'like' bug (where it says you liked your own post instead of the other user's name) is back >o<

Last edited:
And yet! Another post from me: (sorry for the spam)
- So, loading times. They are not good...

THIS THREAD
(3 pages long) took it 5 minutes to load up, THIS ONE (4 pages long) took it 6 minutes to load and while trying to open THIS LAST ONE (11 pages long) it simply froze when I tried scrolling (ended up restarting the app). I tried it again, and after 15 minutes, nothing. Tried to scroll down and it froze again.
A single page thread seems to load almost instantly. (tested with a 4 post thread)

This is a big concern because I clicked my own notifications from inside the app to get to those threads. So if I was actually trying to see a new post in these places, this is the time I'd be waiting just to get to said post... It wouldn't be such a huge issue if for example, I was reading a thread that is 13 pages long from the start, and I could read it as the app was slowly loading the posts, but I can't even do that, because it just freezes and then I'm better off closing it and trying again, or giving up.

And these are like only 3 to 10 pages or so long. I can't begin to imagine how long it would take for it to load a 50+ pages thread, or even if it would ever succeed in the task >o<

I don't mean to come out as harsh or anything, I deeply admire the effort put into this, but I'm thinking about the people who can just access RPN from their phones and as of now, the website is still a better option. Notifications are a great feature, but these loading times don't really make up to it yet.

[As a reminder, I am on Android 6.0.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S5]

Last edited:
People have mentioned how clicking a notification takes you to the thread not the post, but I have something to add to that. When I try to scroll down to the bottom, if I go too fast, it resets me to the top. Too fast is anything more than reading speed.

I can't even log on, it opens just fine when I put the user and password there's nothing happening. I can click new user? I don't know if this just means my password is wrong or smth but if so I'm not even getting a message. I'm using android

The app keeps kicking me out when my reply is longer than a couple of sentences. PMs and Forum posts.

New bug, unless someone's mentioned it already. Conversations won't scroll up anymore, they jerk down to the bottom again as soon as you try.

To all those who have been quoted here, please provide what you use, IOS or Android? The more specific the better.

Another bug return: Just came here to check Fyuri's new post and instead of the 'Like' option it's actually saying 'Unlike', even though I haven't liked the post at all.

I recall this being fixed alongside the like notifs bug last time.

(Android 6.0.1, Samsung Galaxy S5)

New issue I noticed and that hasn't been mentioned yet:

Screenshot_2017-06-22-11-34-25.png
Since the conversations default font color is white, the OP post, that currently doesn't have a colorful bg, entirely disappears. You can clearly notice it in this screen-shot, since I had some red font along with it. You can only see the red parts : /

Also, something that's missing that would be appreciated: the capacity to long press to highlight.
If I had that option, I could have bypassed this issue by highlighting the hidden post, but that's not currently a feature so I'm left without alternative...

(Android 6.0.1, Samsung Galaxy S5)

AND MORE: The font colors in the inbox and conversations in general are so light!
  • Inbox page: PM titles and time stamps are fine, but the user name of the person who created the PM is almost impossible to see.
  • Conversations: In addition to the white font that I already mentioned, by looking at the screen-shot again you can notice just how light the PM title, back and refresh buttons on the header and the reply button in the bottom are >o<

Last edited:
Reading a conversation on the app also seems to fail to clear the alert from the site. Not sure if mentioned or not.
It was a page back iirc. [Correction, no it wasn't]
This seems to be true to every notification, not just conversation ones. The notifications 'status' (seen, not seen) just won't sync between the app and the site.

Last edited:
Me again! (I just don't stop do I?)

So, logging out works perfectly. But then I tried to log back in and realized that if I put a wrong password and press the login button, the app freezes. You can try correcting it and pressing the button again, but since it's frozen the button animation (there's a click effect) doesn't even play.

I'm forced to restart the app and do it right the first time. Because if I do it wrong again, it will just freeze, hence, forcing me restart it once more...

(Android 6.0.1 , Samsung Galaxy S5)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back