Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

Use this thread for all bugs and feedback. Please make sure that you state if you are using iOS or Android and which phone/operating system version.

Known Issues:

• We are aware that the apps currently do not have support for bbcode, we have too many custom ones and they will be slowly added in an update. The goal was to get the app out the door for feedback so we can start pushing out updates. (Currently, the iOS app will try to remove all bbcodes and the android app just shows the coding without doing anything).
  • Cannot currently edit profiles.

KNOWN/REPORTED IOS ISSUES/FEEDBACK
  • Notifications showing user 'liking' own content when another user likes a member's content. *
  • iPad Mini: No landscape mode, appears as a 'giant phone.' * *
  • There are no pages on any forums or threads. *
  • Replies may be buggy. *
  • Quote BBCode broken in conversations. *
  • Cannot locate watched threads. *
  • Scrolling too quickly will send back to top of thread. *
  • CRASH: App Crashing while writing reply in conversation, lost content. (Multiple reports * * * * )
  • Request: Themes *
  • CRASH: Scrolling through conversations results in crash. *
  • Scrolling up quickly can make the app lag somewhat and almost freeze.
  • Clicking on Profile on the menu only takes own wall, and clicking photo or anything else does nothing to take you to any other part of the profile.
  • Feedback: Difference between New and Recent seems negligible.
  • Notifications takes forever to load and does not show all notifications that should have been received. *
  • CRASH: Clicking on first alert results in not-fully-loaded white screen, must force close app. *
  • No distinction if there is a new reply in inbox.
  • Would like alerts to be like one on site. *
  • BUG: Opening a thread from a notification might load a message, and then freeze (applies to iOS banner notifications, as well as scrolling into notifications section in app and opening thread)
  • IRRITATING: Replies for thread take forever to load.
  • BUG: Put phone to sleep while open viewing thread, reopened it and the phone wouldn't log in, and then app crashes and phone logs in
  • IRRITATING: "Fetching Forums" with the spinny thing :( Maybe a cleaner loading animation in the future? *
  • Auto-save feature to prevent post loss. *
  • Conversation messages cut off. *
  • Links posted in thread do not work *

KNOWN/REPORTED ANDROID ISSUES/FEEDBACK
  • Cover photos on profiles missing.
  • Missing submit button for profile posts on member's own profile page.
  • Submit button for profile posts on other member pages is too light and hard to read. *
  • Clicking notification gives a "Stop Working" response. *
  • Theme too bright. *
  • Pressing alert takes to first post and will not allow scrolling. *
  • Threads all load at once resulting in freezing or unable to scroll *
  • BUG RETURN: When another member likes content, says member has liked their own content. *
  • BBCode named colors vanish *

UNKNOWN SYSTEM FEEDBACK
  • Search function desired. *

FIXED/RESOLVED/ADDED

Last edited by a moderator:
BBCode doesn't seem to be working properly for the Android version of the RpNation app (from what I can immediately see, text color works... but things moving a text from center, left, or right doesn't, nor do fonts work, the BBcode is completely visible). I'm using a Droid Turbo 2.

Hello! So, whenever a user likes my post, on the mobile app, it says "crucialstar has liked your post" . My username appears on the notification whenever another user likes my post. Everything else , notification wise regarding users and our own account is fine!

I am using IOS!

Hello! So, whenever a user likes my post, on the mobile app, it says "crucialstar has liked your post" . My username appears on the notification whenever another user likes my post. Everything else , notification wise regarding users and our own account is fine!

I am using IOS!

Thanks for pointing that out :)!

Using an iPad mini. (Yes I know this is hella old.)

The screen is coming out like some giant iPhone, and there's no landscape mode.

image.pngBy the way, thanks for the app.

There are no pages on any forums or threads. This means you have to manually scroll through every single post to get to the one you want. For the threads that I'm in, which have 100s of posts, this is really, really arduous. Plus, notifications take you to the relevant thread, not the relevant post.

BBCode doesn't seem to be working properly for the Android version of the RpNation app (from what I can immediately see, text color works... but things moving a text from center, left, or right doesn't, nor do fonts work, the BBcode is completely visible). I'm using a Droid Turbo 2.

Also, I'm using iOS

There are no pages on any forums or threads. This means you have to manually scroll through every single post to get to the one you want. For the threads that I'm in, which have 100s of posts, this is really, really arduous. Plus, notifications take you to the relevant thread, not the relevant post.

Valid feedback.

iOS

Apparently, replying also seems to be very buggy

missing cover photo as well as a submit button on profile posts on my own profile page.
Cover photo missing from other profile pages, but submit button exists, however it is very light.

Android
Samsung Galaxy S7

Replies that quote from a post takes to the first post of the thread rather than to the post reply with the quote.

Attachments

• Uploaded via Android app.png
    Uploaded via Android app.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hello! I'm super excited about the app, but not so excited about the way that conversations are appearing.

I'm in a group chat with 10+ people, and this is how the chat appears for me. I'm on iOS, by the way.

IMG_1582.PNG
IMG_1583.PNG

There's no names or avatars for who is making a post. Apparently someone in our conversation, who has android, is having the same issue.

Last edited:
This is a known issued that was mentioned in the announcement.

Also when I click a notification about a reply to one of my posts in a thread I'm a part of, it doesn't actually take me to that post, instead it takes me to the very first post of the thread. This makes finding the reply damn near impossible, as you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to find it? And on a thread that has 200,000+ replies, that isn't going to work.

Edit: Just realized someone actually made a post about this, totally didn't see that. :ghostunu:

Last edited:
I can't seem to find any of my watched threads.

I also can't find any notifications in my notifications, though I know I have some.

IOS.

People have mentioned how clicking a notification takes you to the thread not the post, but I have something to add to that. When I try to scroll down to the bottom, if I go too fast, it resets me to the top. Too fast is anything more than reading speed.

People have mentioned how clicking a notification takes you to the thread not the post, but I have something to add to that. When I try to scroll down to the bottom, if I go too fast, it resets me to the top. Too fast is anything more than reading speed.

I've just scrolled really fast down, but not had that happen, but it did judder a little. Again, I'm IOS, not sure about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back