• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Apocalypse

Chandler Reyes

Looking around through the shaggy, ran-down, gas station, Jane's voice carried to her. She jumped to her feet and made her way towards her. "Well this place is practically empty, but yeah, sure. This place would make a decent place to bunker down in for a night or so" Her eyes lowered and she bent over to skye to pet her on the head. "Only if that's alright with you" she said to skye. Standing back upright, her vison veered to the window. As she watched the snow fall, her mind began to wander about how the world went from being so peaceful to so chaotic. She remembers the days her and her unlce would go hunting together not too far from here. How they were both at peace with the world. Now she looks at Jane, and realizes she's the only person she has left. Chandler knew this general area, she had been here a few times before the disease got loose. There was an apartment complex a few minutes ahead that she had stayed in once before. "There's also an apartment building not too far from here. It'd be about a 5 minute walk if you're up for it. I know that place has furniture for sure. Your call."
Catharsis Catharsis

Liam Grove

It seemed that once they actually found a place to stay, new people are showing up left and right. Maybe a few survivors were already eyeing the place, but was forced to back off when a group approached it first. Whatever it was, it didn't matter. Based on Will's previous responses to other newcommers, it didn't matter who they were and are immediately allowed to join their group if nicely asked. 'Sooner or later, someone's going to betray us. I swear it's gonna be Rumble though.' Liam thought to himself, saying it out loud would obviously attract dissaproval. He had no weapons drawn towards Lorne - the stranger didn't seem particularly dangerous compared to other survivalists out there. Nevertheless, it was Liam's first instinct to be suspicious of anyone. "So why are you suddenly looking for shelter if you haven't been outside for a while? The previous place you were staying at must have been pretty safe right?" Liam questioned, maybe the direct statement would throw the boy off. When asked for the group's exact numbers, Liam only became more suspicious. "So you're just going to walk in here, pretend you're innocent and then suddenly ask about our numbers? Yeah, nah." Liam had his arms crossed, an eyebrow raised as if challenging the stranger. It wasn't because he was angry or annoyed at Lorne or anything, he was just on a roll and didn't feel like stopping.

Sxm.Quentiin Sxm.Quentiin S n o w S n o w

Lorne Carnegie
"Nobody's innocent anymore," Lorne retorted."I was being polite, and I'm curious about your numbers because it's been long damn time since I've seen anyone, and there's safety in numbers. And I meant I haven't been outside this particular building for long, I've been traveling all day."

The entire situation was awkward. Lorne hadn't chosen the right words or approach, it seemed. They seemed stressed enough already, so maybe he could level with them later. He picked his baseball bat back up off the ground and slid it back into his duffle.

"Not sure how I'm supposed to prove myself or whatever, but I'm still glad I found more people. I've got food in my bag I can share, if that helps. A couple water bottles. I can fend for myself pretty well, but my odds of surviving are a lot better in a group. You don't have to make me, like, an honorary member or some shit -- just let me tag along and I'll take care of myself. Please."

Will Harris

Will decided to ignore his question about their numbers. Instead he stepped closer to Lorne, but stayed out of range of the bat. Not that it would do any good when he had a gun, but still. "We'll see," he said vaguely to the part about him joining the group. "Before that, bring the bag over here and give Liam your gun. If you want me to trust you, you're going to have to trust us first."
Fizz Fizz Sxm.Quentiin Sxm.Quentiin

Lorne Carnegie
Lorne hesitantly tossed the bag on the ground in front of Will and approached Liam carefully. He unholstered his gun and held it out by the barrel for Liam to grab, beginning to grow worrisome. He wasn't sure why Liam needed his gun, but he remained compliant.

"That gun was my dad's," Lorne said with a hint of a scowl. "I'm going to need it back eventually."

Dimitri

Dimitri let out an airy groan as he walked through the city, exhaustion clear in his eyes as he looked around. He was tired and hungry but the main thing that was bothering him was the darkness. The corners of the buildings and alleyways sending his tired mind on high alert somehow as he looked for shelter for the night and the fact he had to make a detour from the route he was taking before had only served to irritate the dark-skinned male.

He was just about ready to give up and just find something high off the ground to sleep on when he saw the apartment complex. He had an internal struggle, go to the building to attempt to rest despite the potential threat of those monsters being in there or stay outside in the dead of night. Needless to say, he chose the first option. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out the Glock and began moving towards the building with his finger held at the trigger. Approaching a broken window, he looked in and noted that the hallway was empty before entering. He nearly sighed in relief until he heard male voices and went on full alert again, holding the gun in his hand tightly as he moved closer to the room.

Liam Grove

Liam reached out his hand and took the boy's gun, examining and playing with it the moment it was passed to him. Lorne was about to join their group anyway so it didn't matter if Liam questioned him anymore. At least the person had water and maybe Liam could ask for some later. "Yeah, we'll give it back later... probably." Liam was joking, Will would obviously force him to return the gun eventually.
S n o w S n o w Sxm.Quentiin Sxm.Quentiin

Rumble had been very quiet before seeing Will and Liam leave. She let out a sigh and sat against the wall, scratching her stomach. She looked up at Frankie, her eyes missing their usual spark. She looked at her as she went into her pocket and started chewing on a piece of jerky she had found but it was rock hard and not very good, but she was famished. She looked at the woman with a sigh and smirked at her, "What's up, beautiful?" she asked, "Anything I can do for you? And I mean anything." she added, trying to make it clear that she was just humor her. She didnt need everyone thinking she was a pervert. If the topic came up, which it was obviously going to, she would set it straight. Sure, Rumble was a flirty and sex-driven bitch but she wasn't a pervert. Not that anyone was likely to believe it, she had a firm belief in the phrase "No means no". Not that anyone was going to believe that. spacient spacient
(sorry that sucked, writer's block >.<)

Francesca

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish
Francesca watched as the girl lowered herself to the floor, thinking it was a strange place for her to sit when she could have taken a seat in one of the chairs. Hell, she could've sat on the table and it would've been a better choice than just the floor if she had really hurt her ankle. And then... she was flirting with her? Frankie was an awful flirt, and not Rumble's kind of 'awful' flirt, but the kind where she couldn't get the words out unless she meant it as a teasing joke. Like with Nikita earlier! Not even flirting, just being stupid with him! She tried to ignore it as she relaxed into the couch, "Alright, so you heard Will mention that we're actually doin somethin, right? Well I'm not even gonna ask if ya heard the broadcast he keeps sayin happened, cause I didn't hear it myself. But apparently, he and this guy Maverick, who I haven't seen all day, heard a broadcast from a settlement in California, they call it PAX. Apparently it's some kind of safe-haven with food, shelter, people. I dunno if I believe it myself, but it's kinda nice to think about. They took off, and that's where all of us eventually came in"

She shrugged before sitting with her feet up on the coffee table in front of her, "That's where we're all going. Will wants to get us there as soon as possible, and I guess that means cutting corners. But he's the utilitarian type. Most good for most number of people. So we kinda pick up a lot of people along the way. The group's gettin so big now though that he might start changin that policy, and I dunno if that'll start today after--" she cut herself off. It wasn't important to tell Rumble that she was the third person all of them have found today. She would find out soon enough if Will really was hellbent on bringing in everyone new that they found

Rumble simply tried to eat her jerky as the woman explained what was going on. As she finished, the woman grinned a little "Ahh, the promised land, the Utopia, the land of milk and honey that is California." She waved her hand lazily before sitting more upright, "Yeah they said the same thing in Albuquerque but it was a faux. Traveled the whole of Colorado to get there too. Oh well, second time's the charm." she put her arms behind her head as she looked at the woman. She would have crossed her feet but she could barely move her left foot from this position so she sat with her legs slightly apart. She looked at Frankie as she continued talking about how the group was getting pretty big. Once she said this, Rum's smile faltered. She let out a sigh and looked at the ground for a second before glancing back up at the woman, her grin coming back but probably looking slightly strained, "Well he'll be happy to know that once my foot's healed I'm not sticking around. Won't be his problem anymore." she shrugged before she looked down again, "...Or Liam's." she huffed, in a quieter tone than before. No, she still was not comfortable with that! And she knew Frankie knew because she saw how she pulled Liam close to her when she first walked in, what? She wasn't that stupid! spacient spacient

Will Harris

Will frowned when he handed over the gun. "You'll get it back when I can be sure that you won't turn on us," he said. Part of him had been hoping that Lorne refused, so he would have an excuse to tell him that he couldn't travel with them. But, like Anastasiya, he had handed his weapon over without even a protest. He ran a hand through his hair. He imagined another speech from Nikita in his future. He pointed to the door that they just came out of.

"Someone from our group is in there. Her name is Frankie. She can fill you in on where we're going and tell you anything else you need to know," he gave Liam a look. "Right now, I need to talk to Liam alone," he looked apologetically at Lorne for not explaining everything himself. but he never got to have that talk with him about Rumble.
Fizz Fizz Sxm.Quentiin Sxm.Quentiin

Colette Angeliqué

When Colette had confirmed that Anastasiya was safe in the new surroundings, she made her way out of the room, closing the door behind her. After a few minutes of pondering whether handing the jacket over was a good idea, her morality spoke louder than her needs as she set off, hoping to find where the leader was. A sigh pushed pass cracked lips as she secured the rifle strap on her shoulder, wondering where Will had gone. "He can't be far, right? He was with the injured girl, there is no way he could have gone far, unless he was carrying her- Ugh!"

As she was about to turn the corner, an unknown male silhouette came into sight, her hand instinctively reaching out to the rifle since it was the closest weapon. Her breath got stuck on her throat and she readied herself to attack at his first offensive movement.

rennuelaw rennuelaw

Dimitri

Hearing the sound of a door closing, Dimitri's head snapped in that direction. 'Run or attack.' Were two of the major ideas running rampant in his head as he considered his next course of action. 'I could always run but, it's so dark out there.' He thought to himself before noticing movement around the corner causing him to tense up in fear he was caught. 'Shit, shit, shit.' He yelled frantically in his head as he as he tried to think up a solution. After a few moments, he came up with an idea and proceeded to slide the gun into his back pocket.

The dark-skinned male walked out of the shadows, fearful expression etched on his face as he pretended to look around the hall as if something could jump out at him before his eyes landed on the female who had caught sight of him. Backing up slightly, he looked at the other female with curiosity while studying her features. "O-oh, hi." He said softly, trying to make sure his voice sounded as shy and non-threatening as possible.

Cronos Cronos

Francesca

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish
"Will kinda sucks people in and doesn't let them, but whatever happens, happens," Frankie shrugged, looking over at the woman now and seeing that she looked a little... dejected? Hell, if it got her to realize that she might not be with the group forever, the she was fine with it. If Rumble was always gonna be flirty, then she would be a nuisance. Plus Liam still had his issue with her, and that couldn't just be overlooked so easily, "I've never seen him turn away someone hurt, so you'll at least be stuck with us for a few days."

"Yeah I figured that out but, frankly nobody seems to share his opinion so I've figured you'd be happier if I just buzzed off. Better for everyone really." Truthfully, this was not uncommon for Rum to come across. Seemed she annoyed everyone she came across and who could blame them? She knew how much of a nuisance she was. And she knew that they wouldn't want her around for long. She simply sighed and sat up on the sofa, chewing on the tastle of her jacket. She glanced st the woman for a second out of the corner of her eye "stuck with you? No, you'll be stuck with me. And I'm sure nobody will be happy to find that out." She tried to force a laugh but it just came out as a weary chuckle... why didn't she just let go of the window ledge?
spacient spacient

Liam Grove

Liam stretched his arms as he was called to speak with Will privately. He had a small clue on what Will wanted to talk to him about, or maybe it was just him overthinking. He knew it would probably be about his reaction towards Rumble, and he started mentally preparing himself about the questions that could be asked and how to answer them. The reason he felt an unease towards Rumble was a silly one, to say the least. So he had to come up with a viable excuse. When they were finally out of sight from Lorne, he raised and eyebrow and asked. "What's up? If this is about he gun or the new guy, yeah I'll keep an eye on him."

Will Harris

Will moved out of earshot of Lorne, turning to face Liam. "What happened between you and Rumble?" He crossed his arms. "I saw the way you two were looking at each other back there. If you don't think she should come with us for some reason, you should let me know," he said seriously, locking eyes with him.
Fizz Fizz

Colette Angeliqué

He had noticed her and she was cursing herself mentally for it, but now all that Colette could do was remember her training. "O-oh, hi." He didn't look threatening but she knew that he could easily defend himself, and it was on that moment that her brain switched off to what she liked to call 'hunter mode'; the brunette didn't show any sign of fear or hesitation as she aimed the rifle to his chest and tightened her grip.

"You're gonna tell me your name, where you're from, what you are doing here, how you got here and are gonna put down your weapons. All of them. And if you try something, I will shoot you down before you can even say oops." Her words were calculated and alarming, her eyes focusing on him as she spoke. There was no reason to show compassion or lower her guard, he wasn't injured and was, until proven otherwise, a potential threat with the capability to damage the group. She couldn't let anything bad happen to the people she now considered family, well, most of them, anyway.

rennuelaw rennuelaw

Liam Grove

"Oh, her? Nahhh she's not harmful or anything. I just don't like the way she talks.... That's all."
Liam offered Will a smile of reassurance but avoiding eye contact. Despite Rumble's full blown flirtiness, she could still be valuable as part of the group. Maybe the others would enjoy her company, who knew?

S n o w S n o w

Will Harris

Will raised an eyebrow. "How does she talk, exactly?" By the way Liam had acted around her earlier, he had guessed that it would be more severe than that. He glanced ahead as they neared the stairs. "You know which floor Allegra and Cole split off to explore? I haven't seen either of them since we got here," he looked at Liam.
Fizz Fizz

Allegra Sauvagess
Blood rushed up to her cheeks, tinting them a rosy red color as Cole did a spectacular job of making her feel utterly embarrassed by the bullshit she just spewed out of her mouth.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever, let's just finish searching these rooms." Ally said, wishing for that mortifying convo to shrivel up and die there. She walked over to one of the doors and opened it, her blood-stained bat still in hand.
As the dim sunlight penetrated into the even dimmer apartment, Allegra could faintly make out two figures standing upright and idle. She haulted for a second and glanced back at Cole to ensure that he was backing her up. She then turned back to the two zombies and approached the one on the left.
S n o w S n o w

Last edited:
Cole Bishop

Cole's grin only widened at her comeback. "What? You're not going to defend yourself?" He couldn't help the jab. He stopped behind Amazon when the rest of her sentence processed, making a noise of protest. He didn't remember agreeing to search the rest of the rooms with her. He raised an eyebrow when she glanced at him. She expected him to come with her? He wouldn't call the conversation they just had friendly. Especially not enough for him to put himself in danger for her.

Besides, she seemed more than capable of handling herself, based on the zombie she'd left behind on the stairs. Cole took out his hammer, which looked really small all of a sudden compared to her bat, and took a stepped inside. Though he stayed far behind her.
Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Calm/Tired

Jane watched Chandler pet Skye, and absorbed everything she said. While the apartments seemed like a nice idea, they already knew the gas station to be clear, plus it would be easy to cover the doors for the night, it seemed good enough. "Well, if it's alright with you I'd prefer it here. We already know it to be safe, plus it'd be easier to fortify for the night. Maybe we could even sleep in.." Jane suggested, hoping Chandler would take the bait. The idea of a bed really did tempt her, though. It was damned near freezing outside and the gas station wasn't much better. Skye was a very lucky girl to have so much fur. "I could lay down the tent over the floor, wouldn't be as cold." Jane considered out-loud.

She kneeled down to pet Skye, who was completely immersed in Chandler's attention. The dog always loved meeting other survivors, but she was cautious as well. She had a nice streak of biting and growling at strangers, but never Chandler. Skye could since gentleness it seemed, and Chandler was gentle.
CupCanes CupCanes

“Find anything?”
“No, place has been tanned.”
“Did you check the bodies?”
“Only the ones with no heads, don’t trust the ones that are intact.”
“Hey!” another voice shouted, “Hurry up! And be quiet, we don’t know who is here!”

Milly felt herself be dragged by the arm by one of the men, making her follow the group as they went down what she could assume was a hallway. She felt herself stumble over something which almost made her fall over. She let out a squeak as she stood back up, the rucksack feeling heavy on her back. She had been carrying it for days and it was becoming painful. The only reason she put up with it was simply so the leader would not throw her out of the group for being useless.

There seemed to be at least eight people in this group, she could not tell. There seemed to be eight voices so she stuck with that. Now they seemed to be in a bigger room, she could tell by the echo in their voices. Something touched her on the shoulder, making Milly jump violently to the side with a squeal.
“For god sake, it’s just me!” A girl’s voice snapped, making Milly wring her hands nervously and quickly.
S-sorry, I didn’t know you were there…” she squeaked, only to get a scoff in response and she heard the woman move away. She suddenly felt the rucksack be pulled slightly as someone went into it. From what Milly knew, the rucksack contained food and a map of the city that one of them had come across. Having never gone through the bag, Milly did not know how much was in there but it did not feel like much. She could only hope they could settle and eat soon. She hadn’t eaten for days and didnt dare take anything from the bag, knowing that Joel, the group’s self-appointed leader would not react well whatsoever to that. The group were moving off again, causing Milly to jump and try to catch up to them by jogging. Normally she would have held onto someone for some kind of guidance but they were too far away.

Their voices seemed to drift further away, causing Milly to panic. She couldn’t lose them! She didnt know her way around this building! She broke into a run, hoping to catch up with them. But just as she had, she suddenly felt herself crash into something hard and wide, causing her to fall backwards onto her rear. Panicked, she tried to jump up quickly but the bag held her down. Her nose was in acute pain and her head felt rattled. After a struggle, she managed to get to her feet. Putting her hands out in front of her, she felt what she had ran into. A wall. Feeling along it, she found her way to go right, in the direction of the voices.

After a while, she finally seemed to catch up as their voices grew louder. Relieved, she walked up to them. As she did, they stopped talking as if they were stunned about something.
Wh-what is it? A zombie?” she asked in a hushed tone, hoping she would not disturb whatever they had found.
“Did you actually manage to find us?” Joel asked, seemingly confused.
Um… yes.” Milly smiled slightly, actually feeling quite proud of herself. It was a strange feeling, “I did!
“Okay… that’s great and all but next time don’t run into a wall!” he suddenly snapped, making Milly shrink back, “They can probably smell blood!”

A few sniggers rippled through the group before she heard footsteps as they went to move on. Confused, Milly touched her nose and felt that it was bleeding. It was still extremely painful, making her cup her hands against it. With a sigh she just walked on behind them. She grabbed onto someone’s hoodie to keep up. Why did walls hate her?

Francesca

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Sxm.Quentiin Sxm.Quentiin
Frankie sized up the woman once more, trying to wonder why she was seemingly becoming more and more self-depricating by the second. How strange was it that this girl terrified Liam for being a pervert, but here she was accepting that she may not be wanted around the group and it would be better if she left. It was very unlikely she would actually leave after seeing how safe the group was, but whatever, it wasn't her place to let the woman stay or leave

She cast a glance out the nearest window, seeing how dark it was outside. She wanted to start getting drowsy, now. She was tired but her mind was racing still, and she still needed to check the bedroom and bathroom after this girl would finally leave the apartment she chose for herself. Time to get a drink from the bartending doctor. She stood up from the couch, "Well, fine enough meeting ya, but I gotta go talk to the good doctor now," she left her backpack, thinking she could catch up to the girl if she decided to steal anything from her bag, and headed out the door

In the hallway she saw Lorne sticking around. Oh God damn it! Not another one! She sighed heavily at the thought that the new person toll had rung up to four in one day. They were going to be bled dry. She sent the kid a pointed look before going down the hallway, towards where Will had directed her earlier. When she reached Nikita's chosen apartment, she knocked, waited a second, then stepped inside looking for the man

"Hey Nikita, you in here?" she called out. She didn't want to go much further inside the apartment in cacse he was in the middle of changing into cleaner clothes or trying to sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back