• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Apocalypse Level Platinum: A Pokémon RP

funandcreativity

In this interpretation of the Pokémon world, Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum take place in three parallel dimensions. The worlds are generally the same but with minor differences. For example, in the Diamond world, the male protagonist becomes the champion, while in the Pearl world, it’s the female protagonist. And, of course, any differences between the three games translates to differences between the dimensions. All that business with the Distortion World only happened in Platinum.

And it’s the Distortion World where our trouble begins. You see, when we last saw Cyrus, he was dragged there by Giratina. While he was stuck , contemplating where he went wrong, he came across a window to two other dimensions not unlike his own. Now he’s putting into motion his new plan: smash the three worlds together. The energy caused by the instability should be enough to create a new world, one without spirit, as he’s desired all this time. And if the original worlds get destroyed in the process?

Not his problem. They were imperfect, anyway.

The RP takes place three or so years after the events of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. It starts just as things begin to get...odd. Maybe one character wakes up in a dimension that isn’t theirs, or notices a hole in the sky. I plan to have things slowly get weirder until it all goes to chaos. The sky swirls in shades of green and purple, buildings flicker in and out of existence, the ground shatters into floating, disconnected “islands”...things like that. The ultimate goal would be to stop Cyrus before multiple universes are destroyed.

Let me know if this sounds interesting to you!

Details about the RP:

• Characters can be human or Pokémon, canon or OC.
  • Due to the premise, there can be up to three of the same character. Can be played by the same person, or by different people. I personally think it would be interesting to see different people’s interpretation of the same character interacting, but we don’t have to do that.
  • You are not limited to Sinnoh characters, though that’s probably where most of the RP is going to take place.
  • No length requirements, but please give other roleplayers something they can build a response off of.

I'm interested!
May I gouge my interest in playing Gold and Red?

Thanks, everyone! Sure you can have those roles. But in the event you change your mind, I do want to open the canon roles up to other people. So once the OOC thread is up, you’ll just need to confirm in there within a certain amount of time. I’m thinking a week from when it’s posted. Does that sound okay?

Any limitations on what kind of or how many Pokemon we can have in our team?

The number will probably be the same rules as in the games. You can have as many as you want, but 6 can be on you at a time.

I’ll have to think about kind. I know I don’t want the conflict to be resolved instantly, but I need to figure out how to translate that to concrete limitations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back