• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ๐š๐ฉ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐จ๐ง.

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

macheath .

๐”ซ๐”ข๐”ณ๐”ข๐”ฏ ๐”ž ๐”ฑ๐”ฏ๐”ž๐” ๐”ข ๐”ฌ๐”ฃ ๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ก !
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

[STARTER 01]

[NOVEMBER 28, 2275]
[7 A.M ใƒผ APฮ—ELION]

โ ใใใ‚ฒใƒผใง่‰ โž
, he let out a frustrated chuckle, narrowed eyes focused on the flickering screen with unfaltering attention, ใƒผ what a shitty game lmfao ใƒผ, head comfortably rested atop his team partner's lap, thumbs practically assaulting the retro controller in his grasp. tired and lopsided, the grin on his face grew with each unnerving crunching noise, strong teeth breaking through the round stronghold of diabetes inducing sweets pressed against the inside of his cheek.

โ get him! โž, his body jerked forward for a fleeting second, eyes wide in stirred excitement, โ fastest vessel in the universe, my ass! he went down with one fucking blast! โž, he exclaimed, snack crumbs scattered all over his flushed face, unbothered by the other gamer's habit of eating during their astroblast sessions, โ last one's mine, max, you hear me? โž he bit his bottom lip, thumbs thrashing wildly, resisting the innate urge to let out a menacing war cry just long enough until his impulse had won over his composure. โ ha! that's what you fucking get! โž, he jumped up with one swift motion, glued to the spot on his knees, eyes bulging all the while he cried out his declarations of war and promised death, โ ใ‘ใ‚Šใ‚’ใคใ‘ใ‚ˆใ†ใœ! ใถใฃๆฎบใ—ใฆใ‚„ใ‚‹! โž, ใƒผ let's end this! i'm gonna beat you to death! ใƒผ

victory was theirs. the galactic battlefield was cleared by their efforts, all but two combat vessels remaining amidst a sparkling desert of defeated enemies. the scientist let out another cry, slender arms outstretched like a man completely overcome by imaginary applause of equally imaginary masses, his grinning countenance filled with joyous expression this time around, and then, quite suddenly, he let himself fall right back into the corporal's lap. nothing but a sigh escaped his lungs upon the moment he peered up at his crew member, surprisingly calm again, โ what a shitty game. let's play something else next time, yeah? this one barely got a reaction out of me. โž

โ ใƒผ crew members aboard are required to return to their departments immediately. i repeat. crew members aboard are required to return to their departments immediately. further information regarding today's tasks will follow. โž

he tilted his head without shifting his tired glance from the corporal, lips curling into a sly grin telling no other tale but that of expected trouble.

โ ใƒผ and kanon, i mean, dr. norimizu, the captain demands you to know that he's going to strap you to an operation table himself if you- [distinct muttering] but that's what you said, captain, sir- [distinct muttering, followed by a loud cough] ..yes. dr. norimizu, the captain demands you to know that he's going to give you a disciplinary warning if you engage in illegal acts of human experimentation again. over and out. โž

โ that was just once โž, he let out a faint scoff despite the lingering grin, still peering up at max with the expression of a free roaming delinquent, โ alright, alright, maybe twice, three times? the art of science doesn't keep count, and blue has no issues with it whatsoever. do i look like someone who doesn't understand personal boundaries? โž, he scarcely waited for the corporal's response, โ exactly. they're just overreacting because the old man's overreacting. โž staring right through maxim for a moment of serene quietude, ใƒผ operation table, kanon, human, today's tasks, department, kanon, human, strap you to, hah, fastest vessel in the universe ใƒผ, โ you have more than just one fancy uniform, yes? โž, he suddenly came back to himself, โ i quit. i'm a security guard now. they won't have me if they won't appreciate science. i'll show 'em. โž

he got on his feet within the blink of an eye, white lab coat swaying from one side to the other as he schemed his next big revolt, quickly chugging his last darkside cola can with the racing mind of a genius idiot. โ all you have to do is take me to your boss, max, and then i'll show her what i'm made of. brute force combined with brute science.โž he pointed to his head, jawbreaker caught between his molars, ready to be crushed.

โ easy peasy, lemon squeezy. โž
astroblast

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:
Max laughed at Kanon's bloodthirsty threats and jubilant celebrations, placing his controller down and shaking his head as the utterly razed battlefield on the screen faded back into the game's main menu. He'd never heard someone gloat so much over a game they professed so much hatred for. Personally, he didn't think the game was that bad; he'd spent most of the match clumsily smashing his poorly customized ship into asteroids, but he'd brazenly thrown himself in between his teammate and enemy missiles enough times to feel fulfilled by the experience. As long as the company was good, he could have fun watching static.

Listening to the announcement that blared over the ships broadcast system, Max rose from the ground, shuffling off the pins and needles that radiated down his legs from the prolonged sitting. Wiping chip crumbs off the front of his uniform, the security corporal scoffed and entertained the thought of kanon being a security agent for a couple of seconds. Yawning, he rolled his eyes as he retrieved his ID badge from a nearby pile of dirty clothes.

"Brute force, huh? I seem to remember someone struggling to open a bag of chips on his own a few hours ago. Trust me, the only lemons you'll be juicing will be the ones in your dreams." Extending his arm, Max flexed it and admired his biceps in an exaggerated manner, accidentally knocking over a tower of soda cans which they'd precariously stacked over the course of their ludicrously late gaming session. "Unlike you, I could probably juice ten lemons bare-handed. Maybe even 20 if I felt like it." Unable to keep a straight face anymore, he burst out laughing and cut the bravado, bending to pick up the soda cans he'd knocked over. Kanon's room was cluttered to the point of saturation, but Max didn't want to keep throwing stuff around. If it got any worse, he'd probably have to swim through a waist-height garbage ocean the next time he visited. Tossing the cans into a nearby wastebasket with a series of empty clunks, he headed for the door, looking over his shoulder at Kanon. "Come on, let's go. I know those ungrateful eggheads over at research are waiting to lecture the shit out of you, so stick with me for a bit. Let's see if we can't convince the chief to hire one more security agent."

The door to Kanon's living quarters slid open with a satisfying hiss of machinery as Max pressed the "open" button on the door control screen. Stepping out into the hallway, he observed the mild rush of activity as several other crew members around him exited their rooms began making their way to their respective stations. The soft blue glow of the hallway lighting always made for a surprisingly soothing atmosphere when combined with the ambient noise of the Aphelion's systems. While waiting for Kanon to collect his things, Max yawned again, much to his own annoyance. He'd been hoping to get some shut-eye after spending the night at Kanon's, but it looked like it was going to be a busy morning after all. Hopefully, this whole thing wasn't just another elaborate drill designed to enforce some arbitrary Icarus Space Agency protocol lesson.

scroll
kanon

middle deck, security department

[STARTER 02]

[NOVEMBER 28, 2275]
[7:15 A.M ใƒผ APฮ—ELION]

โ brute force โž
, he reiterated with stern confidence in his statement, usual lopsided grin on his flushed face, casually squeezing the other man's biceps as he hurried towards the sink, โ impressive, but, you see, corporal lemon squeezy, there's science even behind those fierce gunsโž, searching the small cabinet above the sink with trembling fingers, he continued on, โ any kind of weight training teaches your nervous system to transmit more electrical signals from the brain to the muscles being exercised, allowing those muscles to produce more force, catch me? โž, he let out a chuckle as he turned on the faucet, rustling paper tossed to the flooring, โ science can be applied to anything, believe me โž, one pill, โ no brute force without brain force โž, two pills, โ and that's exactly why you tough guys, and ladies, could need someone like me. โž

with his back to the waiting corporal, rather patient at that, he eventually turned off the faucet, narrow eyes trained on the stained mirror as he gulped, โ besides โž, he stuffed his trembling hands into his lab coat's side pockets, โ if recent speculations turn out to be true, well..โž, merely shaking his head, he let out another chuckle, โ we might need some more lemons to squeeze, you know, real soon. โž

he quickly rushed past maxim, lab coat flying, as though he meant to outrun his own racing thoughts, not good, no, not good, think about lemons, yes, lemons, good, lemons, โ keep up, corporal lemon squeezy, forward march! there's no time to waste! โž speeding through the long corridors of the upper deck, narrow eyes shifting from one far corner to the other, he might as well could have found himself caught in the fine act of his revolt, and yet he knew this to be unlikely, aware of his older research colleagues' strange tendency to overwork themselves in spite of any official announcement. they were already in the laboratory, no doubt about it, or so he reassured himself as he snickered in bold victory.

descending from the upper deck to the middle deck, the two men had made it rather quickly to the security department, machinery blinking and buzzing, weaponry arsenal stacked up in massive rows. the grinning research admin's footsteps reverberated through the impressively large chamber upon the moment he entered, heads turning, varying reactions to his unavowed arrival at their exclusive department station.

โ good morning โž, he exclaimed at last, his gleaming eyes filled with childish wonder and curiosity as he encircled the table in the center of the private room, letting his gaze shift from one present person to the other, โ thought you'd seen the last of me, eh? โž, he turned in his movement, wide grin plastered on his face, directing his fleeting attention to one woman in particular, โ lookin' good, sergeant. still up for some martial arts training? โž

he placed his hands atop another agent's shoulders, a small pout below two mischievous eyes, โ she told me to fuck off last time but you know, i consider it part of her charm โž, shifting his gaze back to the meditating sergeant, the smile on his feigned innocent face grew with each passing second as though its already wide range possessed no limit. โ don't you worry, t, today's not the day. i'm here to apply for a position in your department. โž distinct laughter made its long round throughout the security area, merely countering his statement with ridicule. having foreseen such response from his fellow ship crew, he merely kept on smiling, โ hold your applause, please, will you? โž, he made his way back to maxim, arms crossed, pearly white lab coat fluttering in rushed motion, โ you don't know what you're missing out on. this team needs a brain โž, he took in a sharp breath, chuckling as he ruffled through his own hair, realizing the rather bad wording of his statement, โ not to say that none of you have brains, oh no, no, no, you're all very diligent and outstanding โž, fleetingly pointing to one of the present security guards, โ except dennis, he's an idiot โž, he gave one of his sly grins, immediately seeking safe refuge behind maxim's broad stature, โ no, what i mean is that you need a scientist's brain, and guess what, i just quit my job like five minutes ago. crazy, right? it's your lucky day. โž

he let his eyes wander through the crowded security room, chin comfortably rested on the russian corporal's shoulder, โ whadayya say? โž, tilting his head upwards to face maxim, โ besides, where's your asskicking chief lady anyway? โž

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

t. rosha

• mood

in meditation

with her night watch having ended a few hours ago, tanaris rosha had migrated into the security department, taking a seat in the center of the sitting commons. she sat tall, shoulders straight, her lower back aligned with her pelvis. her legs were crossed underneath her, and her hands were resting on top of her knees. her eyes were closed, a hint of a smile upon her lips as she breathed calmly, deeply; in and out, in and out.

meditation. a daily routine, at this point. it was not that she was a very spiritual person. she didn't give a shit about chakras or soul-cleansing or self-illumination. it just... helped her to remember to forget, to calm her nerves; it wasn't as revitalizing as sleep, but it was enough to get her through. insomnia was a bitter bitch, and she was really holding a grudge this time, punishing rosha with night terrors every time she closed her damn eyes. at this point, she would take a single hour of sleep over any of thoseโ€” horrors her mind would trap her in. however, she had to make do with what she could; meditation was the temporary solution.

though, it seemed she could not have picked a worse spot. by this time of the morning, the department was overflowing with pumped-up energy. the security team of the aphelion was prepping for the day ahead; eating breakfast, doing reps in the gym space, or assembling their gear for the early morning inspection. the late ones, skulking in from their quarters as the entrance door to the security department continuously opened and closed. the voices carried across the room, merging into a cacophony of sound that could probably wake the dead.

indeed, the "s" in security did not stand for silence. but, then again, that's what her smile was for.

the hustle of the morning crowd did nothing to break rosha's inner concentration. if anything, it only helped to ease her mind. rosha was a people person, plain and simple; the more chaos that surrounded her, the more relaxed she was. the silence of the night watch irked her to no end, so she always eagerly awaited the company of others in the morning. the security team had learned this very early on, and no longer wasted time tiptoeing around their superior's morning routine. some were even lounging around her, chatting with each other. catch her on her good side, and she'd even have a full-blown conversation without moving a muscle. just like she was at the moment.

"now, i'm telling you, any sign of that from you this morning is going to get you thrโ€” "
her soft reprimand of a few surrounding subordinates was cut short as the intercom system of the aphelion screeched to life. pursing her lips, rosha turned her attention to the early morning broadcast as the surrounding voices faded into terse whispers.

โ€œ โ€” to return to their departments immediately. i repeat. crew members aboard are required to return to their departments immediately. further information regarding today's tasks will follow. and kanon, i mean, dr. norimizu, the captain demands you to know that he's going to strap you โ€” โ€œ

at that point, she had stopped listening. shaking her head slightly, she let out an amused scoff. nothing new. well, the order for the crew to return to their departments posed some questions, but she figured she could wait for the chief to arrive to raise them. no, noโ€” it was the captain's... pointed remarks about dr. norimizu that caused her to chuckle.

if she knew kanon, he was probably still with maxim, pounding back darkside cola as they wasted the early morning glued to that old-age game station. she could hear them as she had made her rounds through the research living quarters earlier, being as non-discrete as they always were. she'd never understand their incessant need to shoot at nothing more than pixels on a digital screen, but whatever floats their boat. they've got their hobbies, she's got hers.

now, maxim, he had a soft spot for that kid; one she didn't quite understand, but couldn't fault him for. he just had more patience than she did, somehow. but, if she knew maxim, he probably show up with kanon trailing behind him, any minute now.

as the company resumed their conversations, she counted the seconds, listening for the security department doorโ€”

whoosh.

rosha smirked at the sound of kanon's tell-tale footfalls as they entered the department

one hundred and twenty-four. she knew maxim too well.

"hmm, did someone say something to me? because i know someone knows better than to ask me that."
rosha didnโ€™t even open her eyes at the sound of kanon's voice; she knew better than that. she bit her tongue, fighting the urge to berate him for his use of "t"; the nickname she only allowed bean to use seemed to be moving too fast around the ship. kanon definitely did not get to use it. however, his intentions caught her off-guard, shifting her thoughts from annoyance to amusement, her vivacious laugh melting in with the crowd.

she rose into a stretch, rolling her wrists as she reached her hands towards the ceiling. her eyes fluttered open, squinting at the harsh, yellow light of the room. she quickly scanned the room before settling on maxim and kanon, who were both standing in the middle of the commons. she was quick to lock eyes with max, giving him a wink before making her way over to them.

โ€œi'm sorry, do you think you can handle this job? a stiff breeze could catch that coat of yours and you'd go flying."
another round of laughter ran around the room as rosha planted herself in front of the two, crossing her arms across her chest. she may have been shorter than both of them, but she made up for her stature in attitude. and faux intimidation.

she furrowed her eyebrows at the pure audacity kanon was vomiting out this morning. she gave maxim a pointed look; without a doubt, she was sure he was at least partially responsible for this.

โ€œeasy, fitrei. back up; you know the drill."
she held her hand up to wave away the annoyed agent, catching him stepping forward out of the corner of her eye as the kid ducked behind max. kanon really knew how to annoy the wrong people; dennis fitrei could crush him with one hand. one day, she supposed she'd let him. well, no, no, she wouldn't, but she could dream, couldn't she?

rosha chuckled as kanon asked about the chief's whereabouts.
"oh, i'm sure she'd love to entertain your... enthusiasm today."
she gave kanon an over-eager smile, motioning him with a dramatic flourish to one of the couches in the sitting area.
"take a seat, kid; she'll be here any minute."

"by the way, love the look you've got going on today. very... niche."
she bumped maxim with her shoulder with a smirk, using her index and pinky fingers in a swooping motion to emphasize his growing dark circles. not even twenty minutes into the day and she was already teasing himโ€” nothing short of normal.

do it all the time

I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME

coded by uxie

Bean Ximenez​
"Ay dios mio," a thickly accented voice groaned. "Por favor, cinco minutos!"

A well muscled arm shot out like a snake to slam the off button of a ringing alarm, nearly breaking the poor plastic contraption in the process.

Bean Ximenez was not a morning person.

That being said, she had work to do. With the interesting personalities that were making up the engineering department causing havoc, it meant that she needed to get up everyday just to make sure the whole fucking ship didn't explode. Or someone was killed. So she got up and faced the day. Which was hard in space and the only way she knew it was actually morning was the slowly brightening lights simulating dawn and her alarm. But Bean signed up for this so she thinks herself above complaining.

She groaned and grumbled though as she pulls herself out of her bunk, pulling together necessities for the bathroom and beginning her morning routine. When she'd adequately pulled herself together and felt immensely better, she slid on her boots and made her way to the coffee machine in the lounge; pouring herself a cup and dousing it in cream and sugar. After that, she made her way down to the engineering department. At the door she fumbled with her coffee, datapad, and keycard, attempting to open the door without dropping or spilling anything. Once she'd finally swiped her keycard though and the door slid free of its vacuum sealed closure, she walked through, sipping her over-sugared concoction.

"You can't keep working through the night, Day. It's bad for your eyes. And your whole being," Bean said after a minute of standing right in front Day's desk with no visible response of life save for the fact that his eyes were moving vividly across his datapad screen. She didn't quite expect his shout of surprise and the subsequently hurled stylus pen, but she probably should have. It's happened before.

"Day! You can't keep fucking throwing things at me!" She shouted, jolting out of the pen's trajectory. "God!"

Though at his bewildered and sleep deprived face, she took pity on the man, sighing and waiting for the chief engineer to gather his wits.

"I'll stop throwing things at you when you stop making me want to throw things at you!" Is all she got in return.

mentions
macheath . macheath .
-ferret- -ferret-

interactions
open
Theodore 'Fletch'
Space was an unfathomable pool filled with invisible waves; stars the glittering reflections of their edges, suns and planets the foaming masses pushing themselves against the whims of the abyss.

If those grand bodies were at the mercy of space, then he was nothing at all; and adrift in unspeakable isolation, he felt like nothing. It was almost a relief to feel so little, and yet to be overcome by the sensation of the grandness surrounding him.
On occasion it would turn into a nightmare, with strange sounds whispered to him in languages that had never been spoken aloud and dark stars blinking past his peripheral vision, making him feel crazy for turning his head to miss them each time.

But this one was a quiet dream and remained so, as he swam through the tranquil expanse without once being forced to consider himself, insignificant as he was inside the blackness of the eternal night.

Awareness reached Theodore slowly of the pulling ache in his neck, so that his first conscious thought was to ease it by lifting his head from the hard surface that was serving as his pillow. Once that simple movement had been made, his attention picked up more quickly on the voice coming over the ship's comms, giving some announcement to Dr. Norimizu, specifically. Theodore felt fairly certain, however, that the morning summons must have been issued beforehand, and he moved to collect himself from the galley table he had stationed himself at the night prior.

An empty can remained on the table as evidence of his efforts to stay awake during the early morning hours, and it was the first thing he reached for to properly discard; already concerned with the possibility that some of their more active crew members would stumble upon his failed study session. At least there was less shame in the flashing battery light on his tablet and the crumpled blanket he didn't remember bringing with him.
Nonetheless, his slippered footsteps were intentionally quiet as he gathered those items and walked out into the hallway, as if he might somehow disturb the activity already beginning around the Aphelion if he walked too loudly.

Yet he managed to avoid encountering anyone as he navigated the ladder to the upper deck and retreated into his quarters: a relief in his rumpled state.
With time pressing, he made himself presentable as quickly as possible with a splash of water, brushed teeth and hair, and a fresh uniform, though he regretted that he could not manage a shower to wake himself up more fully. He gave a last look to the dark circles under his eyes and the scruff of his beard as he passed the bathroom mirror, but there was nothing to be done about it, so he continued on his way out of his quarters and up to the bridge.

It had become a habit over the past months to scan his fingerprint on the reader by the door, and when it slid open to admit him onto the stillness of the bridge, bathed in low lights from the readouts of the automatic systems, he did not give it a second thought. Instead, he greeted the Aphelion silently as he moved into his usual seat and pulled up the coordinate logs that had been recorded throughout the night.
That too had become a habit, and, in spite of the autopilot's high quality and miniscule margin of error, he was still inclined to begin his daily routine by isolating and checking any abnormal readings before they might become a bigger issue.

After a moment, his attention was pulled to the small clock readout in the corner of his screen, and he mentally guessed at the amount of time he had before the bridge door would open to admit Bashi and his breakfast.
The secret vitamin packs were stored conveniently in the galley kitchen, which he had somehow managed to forget when he left from that impromptu napping area. He decided, though, that it might be for the best since sneaking things into Bashi's breakfast had become something of a routine, and perhaps mixing things up a little would deflect some of the young copilot's suspicions.

A wide yawn caught him by surprise, but there was no time for it as he startled at the sudden noise given by his screen; an autopilot alert popping up. There was a brief lull in his brain function after the interrupted yawn and he rubbed his face tiredly as he shut off the audible alerts, unsure why they were even on in the first place.

The clock ran down a few more minutes within the relative silence of whirring electronics and distant engine noises, then Theodore flinched to attention when the bridge door hissed open behind him.
"Good morning," he said automatically, without turning away from a new alert appearing on his screen, and in the haze of his tiredness he forgot to check whether his greeting should have been nonverbal or more formal based on who walked in the door.
the invisible words
coded by incandescent

Max

• mood

Relaxed

Content to stand in between his friend and an arguably well-deserved thrashing, Max yawned again before beaming a smile of thanks at Rosha's way for stopping Fitrei. "Yeah, I chose soda-induced diabetes over my beauty rest last night. I was up late anyway, and figured I'd hang out with kanon."

Quickly appraising the room, Max watched another pair of officers walk through the door. Aside from one or two stragglers, it seemed that most everyone was accounted for. "I plan on catching up in a bit, as soon as we figure out the reason for the muster broadcast." Max lifted his arm and lazily pointed at his mildly cluttered desk, which even had a small pillow resting on the surface. "There hasn't been any exciting work to do on this ship since that bar fight we broke up in the galley, and that's mainly because I helped start it in the first place. All I do paperwork. Other than that, I take weekly trips to that d'yavolenok (little devil) Bashi's quarters to pick up all the random shit he steals from us."

A few of the listening security agents around them reacted. Some chuckled in good humor. A few of the more-uptight ones shook their heads disapprovingly of the corporals lack of decorum. Even more grumbled under their breaths at Bashi's famed ability to rob the Aphelion's security personnel blind.

Max was glad to see Rosh. Along with Bean and Kanon, he considered her one of his best friends aboard the ship. He could happily spend all day teaching Bean how to verbally flay a jerk in Russian or enthusiastically spend all night arguing about cryptids with Kanon. However, he trusted Rosh the most when it came to the more serious, uncomfortable thoughts inside his head, such as the recurring nightmares which had kept him up the previous night, or the worryingly increasing amount of drink required to keep them at bay. If he were to tell anyone first, it'd probably be her.

cry for love

๋ฐฑํ˜„

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Users who are viewing this thread

Back