• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Apfel's Multi Genre Search

ApfelSeine

Murder by Numbers 🏳️‍🌈🖥️
I'm looking for some dedicated roleplayers to create some fun roleplays with :smile4:

In general, I'm a fairly laid back and flexible player who will try most things (provided it follows the site rules). I'm not a fast poster, as I tend to only post responses when I have access to my laptop, but I am dedicated and consistent. Similarly, I do not demand quick responses to roleplays, but I am very appreciative if you are quick to respond. If you go more than a week or two without responding, I will likely check in with you to see how you're doing, but I won't drop out unless you don't want to play anymore for some. I do understand how busy real life can get, so if you're ever dragged off on an unexpected family vacation or business trip or whatever else, I'm happy to wait until you have time to come back.

It seems a common trend to focus entirely on a single character, which I am content with doing if that is your preference. However, I often like to use multiple characters (similar to NPCs) to add more complexity and keep things moving forward smoothly. If you are someone who enjoys playing multiple characters, I am very happy to accommodate that. If not, that is also fine :smile1:

Now with all of that said, I like to work together with my roleplay partners to create interesting ideas for plots. I'll outline some general fields of interest that I have, and if any of it seems interesting to you please let me know :smile4:  If you have any specific ideas, I'd love to hear about them. Alternatively, if you want something more specific to work with, let me know what sort of elements appeal to you in a roleplay and I'll try to work out an idea you might like.

Note: With the inclusion of "etc." in the list of sub genres, it is an indication that I'm open to many kinds of plotlines within that genre (in addition to the main sub genres I enjoy). Details on my preferences with romance can be found at the end of this post.

Genres

Fantasy - Adventure/Drama/Political/etc.

I enjoy the very classic high fantasy (such as in literature like Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, Discworld), but I also enjoy urban fantasy or science fantasy. A fun adventure story such as what is featured in the typical rpg would be a fun subject for a roleplay, but I would also be happy to do a roleplay more focused on political or social conflicts. Fantasy is a genre which allows many different themes to be explored, which are able to parallel issues in modern society without needing to use the same level of sensitivity. Additionally, any type of plotline would be fun to explore in a fantasy setting, so I'd like to hear your thoughts.

* If you enjoy Arthurian legends, or legends from other cultures around the world, I'd be happy to have a roleplay centered around that as well.

Historical - Drama/War/Political/Romance/etc.

I am most familiar with American, European, Chinese, Japanese, and Indian history. Specifically: 

1600's-1960's in America (particularly the revolutionary and civil wars, and the 19th century "wild" west)

Middle Ages, Renaissance, and Regency periods in Europe (as well as WW1 and WW2)

200BC-1600s in China (vaguely)

Japan during WW2 and after 200BC (again, vaguely)

India during British colonization and post British colonization

* In addition to all of these, I'd be happy to do any historical period from any place, and I'll try to learn as much as I can on whatever time period and place you'd like to do a roleplay about. Some time will be needed for me to get a firm grasp on it in this case though.

Science Fiction - Adventure/Mystery/etc.

A space exploration story (like Star Trek) or one focused on a particular planet (like Asimov's Caves of Steel series), would be very enjoyable. You don't need to be familiar with any particular science fiction story to enjoy a science fiction roleplay. I'm happy to make up whatever type of society or scenario that you'd like to do. Similarly to fantasy, the setting of this genre is very flexible, and so whatever type of plotline you'd like to do is fine with me. My personal preference is for stories with robots, settling on or exploring a planet, or cyber punk/anti establishment plotlines. I'd be interesting in exploring some sort of social commentary with this genre if possible, perhaps addressing the question of "do robots with artificial intelligence have rights?", or perhaps something about a genetically engineered society (such as in Huxley's Brave New World).

Modern - Mystery/Adventure/Romance/Drama/etc.

A modern story can be realistic, or it can include supernatural elements. It can range from character focused stories with light drama, to more plot heavy and dramatic stories. Mysteries are one of my favorite sub genres to include (in almost any setting really), and so a story with detectives or cops would be enjoyable. I'm not opposed to school centered roleplays, or roleplays centered around teens, though I do tend to use adult characters unless in modern settings unless otherwise specified. I'd be very interested in any sort of story fitting with this genre, including ones focused on social issues or other interesting (and perhaps controversial) topics.

Fandom - Adventure/Drama/Romance/etc.

I will happily play both canon and original characters, but I generally prefer to do one or the other. If playing a canon character, I only like to include OCs as NPCs. When playing as OCs, I generally prefer not to include the canon characters except perhaps as a passing reference to established lore. With that said, a list of fandoms which I would be interested in include (but are not limited to) the following list:

Books -

The Discworld series, Harry Potter, Caves of Steel series, Brave New World, Sherlock Holmes, the Nancy Drew series

Movies/TV -

Studio Ghibli Films, Justice League, Merlin, Doctor Who, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, Rosemary and Thyme, Murdoch Mysteries, Foyle's War

Anime -

Magic Kaito, Kaito St. Tail, Kaitou St. Jeanne, Full Moon o Sagashite, Daughter of 20 Faces, Silver Spoon, Madoka Magica, Yuki Yuna is a Hero, Free!, RWBY

Games -

Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons/Rune Factory, Pokemon (preferably 1st of 2nd Gen), Tales of (Vesperia, the Abyss, Graces f, and Phantasia), Phoenix Wright, Golden Sun (first two games), Fire Emblem Awakening, the Legend of Zelda series, Hustle Cat, Hatoful Boyfriend

* If you're interested in a fandom that I haven't  listed, just ask and I'll let you know if I'd be able to roleplay it. This is just a general list of what I've been thinking of.

That should give you a general sense of the types of things that I'm specifically interested in, but I would also be interested in knowing what you are interested in and what you look for in a roleplay :smile4:  I have a lot of plot ideas that can be done, but it would take quite a while to list them all. So instead, please let me know what types of genres/sub genres you find interesting, and I'll suggest some of them to you. If you don't like any of my ideas (or already have something in mind that you would like to do), you are free to suggest something as well. If I feel that it is something I can do, I'll be happy to work with you on that. 

Notes on the romance sub genre: I do not typically seek out romance roleplays, but I do enjoy a well done romance. I do require it to remain within the site rules, and I am not comfortable with pairings that involve a minor and an adult (I have some leeway if it is a college aged student/TA with a high school aged one, but it's not my go to preference). I will roleplay pairings involving any gender, and by default my characters often tend to be bisexual.

With fandoms in particular however, it can be somewhat tricky. I have some ships which I wholeheartedly endorse, many which I can go either way on, and some which I despise. I will not, under any circumstances, roleplay a pairing which I despise.

That, along with not following the site rules and pairing minors with adults, are things which I feel strongly on. Aside from that, I like romances to be healthy (unless drama is the point of the roleplay) and compatible. In general, I find it difficult to engineer romance, and so I take the policy of "whatever happens happens" in most circumstances. However, if romance is a particular interest that you have, I will generally try to engineer my character to be naturally compatible with yours. (In the case of characters from a preexisting fandom, I will play them as closely to the original source material as possible, so they will likely have to work well together for anything to happen.) That said, when it comes to romance, please let me know if you'd like the characters to stay strictly platonic, have a potential for romance, or be intentionally set up in a manner befitting the romance sub genre.

Overall, I'm open to all sorts of things :smile1:  I will generally only refuse to do something if I feel I can't portray it very well, or if it's a particularly sensitive subject for me (which is unlikely to be the case if it wasn't something listed in the previous paragraph), so please feel free to let me know what your own interests are and we'll find some common ground to work with :smile4:  I like to chat OoC and make friends, since I think it contributes to the longevity of roleplays, so please be open to that. Thank you for reading all of this. I'm very excited to get to know you and create something fun :smile2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I'm interested in RPing! Just PM me and we can talk details ^-^

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, you sound like an amazing partner! I would love to work something out with you. Send me a PM when you have a chance and we can talk further!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back