• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help anyone willing to help?

mythical

hey friends! i used to be HUGE into roleplay, and i was also pretty good at coding. however, i dropped it when i went to college because life got crazy busy, and now because of corona virus i find myself with a ton of time and wanting to return to old interests! so here i am! i was never very involved on this site, my favorite one was WarriorCatsRPG/Feral Front/Critter Cosmos/whatever other name change it went through in the like 5 years i was there, hahah! however, that layout seems similar to this one, so now i'm trying to reteach my brain how to code, and keep up with the new updates. i believe i used HTML coding on WCRPG/Feral Front, but i'm not sure. i busted through the BBC and BBC coding tutorials to refresh my brain, and made this (see below) but i have a couple things i still want to do with it. would anyone be willing to help teach me the new coding rules so i can catch up? my main thing is that i want to be able to have an image of equal height and width next to the template on the same line, if that makes sense? like two images side to side, but one of them is my scroll box of text. and the second thing is i want to figure out how to make my template in the center of the post, because this site has a set page width and it irks me to see my template aligned left instead of center, LOL! as you can see from my [ div=position:center ] (spaces inputted to keep the code broken so it's visible) i failed with that attempt. also, is there any way to have a scroll box without having the awkward bar on the left?

Hello! Call me Myth, or Mythical. I am new to this site, but not to roleplaying. I am an advanced writer, and I prefer a minimum of three good paragraphs per each post. I want someone who can match my post length, as that is how I try to write as well and I really can't do less than two solid paragraphs or I lose muse. I try to post multiple times a week, and I definitely understand if work or school comes into play, but I would like for you to get one post at least every other day. One of my pet peeves is incorrect punctuation or misspelling of words, so I would really enjoy it if you also took care to have good grammar in your posts. However, nobody's perfect and I promise I'm not going to flip out if there are a few mistakes, haha!

side note for romantic pairings: I personally am only comfortable with MxF romantic pairings, but I'm okay if your character is gay/bi as long as our plot isn't a romance, as that wouldn't really work, haha! I am down for all sorts of platonic relationships, however! The more variety and diversity the better! Also, I generally prefer to play female characters, but really I am okay with either!

So, onto my interests. I'm way into fantasy, anything involving superpowers, sci-fi, romance, doomsday/dystopian worlds, anarchy, etc. I've also made a list of some of my favorite books/movies/TV shows; so if you've heard of or like any of the following, and would be interested in recreating a world, or basing a plot off of any of them, please say so! (# of stars indicate things I'm really wanting to do right now)
WOLFBLOOD ***
Tomorrow People *
Eragon (The Inheritance Series) **
Vampire Diaries **
Twilight
The Fosters ***
Switched At Birth
Star Wars
Divergent **

And some pairings I generally like:
werewolf x human **
human x human
werewolf x vampire ***
vampire x human
witch x human
witch x vampire
witch x werewolf
foster sibling x foster sibling (referencing the show The Fosters here. HUGE Brallie fan, v sad they didn't get together, but I also definitely wanted Callie to have a family so I thought the ending was good!)

Pairings I do NOT like:
age gaps (really this only applies to minors x non-minors)
teacher x student (I only like this if the age gap isn't over 10 years, and if the student isn't a minor.)
incest

And I'll also post some original plots, but in the post below so I can edit them and remove them easier. I really hope you all enjoyed this thread, and getting to know a little bit about me, and I so look forward to roleplaying with you! c:

Code:
[div=position:center;background:transparent;border:0px;width:400px;height:400px;overflow-y:scroll;][FONT=trebuchet ms]
text text text[/FONT][/div]

Last edited:
Could you be a bit more specific on what it is you still want to learn in coding, so we can just see what you already know and what you want to learn more than other things

Yeah, sure! I thought of that actually, and updated my post with a couple specific questions just before I saw your post asking me to specify, so that's good timing, haha!

mythical said:
my main thing is that i want to be able to have an image of equal height and width next to the template on the same line, if that makes sense? like two images side to side, but one of them is my scroll box of text. and the second thing is i want to figure out how to make my template in the center of the post, because this site has a set page width and it irks me to see my template aligned left instead of center, LOL! as you can see from my [ div=position:center ] (spaces inputted to keep the code broken so it's visible) i failed with that attempt. also, is there any way to have a scroll box without having the awkward bar on the left?

You'd probably want to use margin: 0 auto; to center your code. You can use [icode] to show inline code.

As for put equal height and width text and image together...

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. At quis risus sed vulputate. Sodales neque sodales ut etiam sit amet nisl. Ut ornare lectus sit amet est placerat in egestas. Aliquet sagittis id consectetur purus ut faucibus. Tellus elementum sagittis vitae et. Mi quis hendrerit dolor magna eget est lorem. Pharetra massa massa ultricies mi quis hendrerit. Quisque id diam vel quam elementum pulvinar etiam. Amet volutpat consequat mauris nunc congue nisi. Mollis aliquam ut porttitor leo. Euismod in pellentesque massa placerat duis. Id cursus metus aliquam eleifend mi in nulla. Sed ullamcorper morbi tincidunt ornare. Tortor vitae purus faucibus ornare suspendisse sed nisi lacus. Nullam ac tortor vitae purus faucibus ornare suspendisse sed.

Interdum velit laoreet id donec ultrices tincidunt arcu non. Sagittis orci a scelerisque purus semper eget duis at. Tortor at auctor urna nunc id cursus. Consequat mauris nunc congue nisi vitae suscipit tellus mauris. Rhoncus urna neque viverra justo nec ultrices dui sapien eget. Imperdiet sed euismod nisi porta lorem mollis. Eu consequat ac felis donec et odio pellentesque diam. Aliquam faucibus purus in massa tempor nec feugiat nisl. Varius duis at consectetur lorem donec massa. Aliquam vestibulum morbi blandit cursus risus at ultrices mi. Laoreet non curabitur gravida arcu ac tortor. Placerat duis ultricies lacus sed. Mi eget mauris pharetra et ultrices neque ornare aenean. Lectus sit amet est placerat in egestas.

Proin libero nunc consequat interdum varius sit amet mattis vulputate. Quam id leo in vitae turpis. Tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac. Vitae elementum curabitur vitae nunc sed velit dignissim sodales. Scelerisque purus semper eget duis at. Sodales ut etiam sit amet nisl purus in mollis. Semper eget duis at tellus at. Auctor eu augue ut lectus arcu bibendum at varius vel. Nulla at volutpat diam ut venenatis tellus in. Pellentesque dignissim enim sit amet venenatis. Ut venenatis tellus in metus vulputate. Nam libero justo laoreet sit amet cursus. Vel pharetra vel turpis nunc eget lorem dolor sed. Nulla aliquet porttitor lacus luctus accumsan. Ac tortor dignissim convallis aenean et tortor at risus. Sollicitudin nibh sit amet commodo nulla. Scelerisque varius morbi enim nunc faucibus a pellentesque sit amet. Faucibus interdum posuere lorem ipsum. Sapien eget mi proin sed libero. Malesuada fames ac turpis egestas sed tempus urna et.

Mattis pellentesque id nibh tortor. Ultricies tristique nulla aliquet enim tortor at auctor urna nunc. Risus feugiat in ante metus dictum. Volutpat diam ut venenatis tellus in metus vulputate. Odio morbi quis commodo odio aenean sed adipiscing. In eu mi bibendum neque. Metus dictum at tempor commodo ullamcorper a lacus vestibulum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipiscing elit. Eget nulla facilisi etiam dignissim. Risus feugiat in ante metus dictum at tempor commodo. Nibh venenatis cras sed felis eget. Justo eget magna fermentum iaculis eu. Vestibulum rhoncus est pellentesque elit ullamcorper dignissim. Ac turpis egestas integer eget aliquet. Turpis massa tincidunt dui ut ornare lectus sit. Facilisi morbi tempus iaculis urna id volutpat lacus laoreet.

Arcu cursus euismod quis viverra nibh. Cursus metus aliquam eleifend mi in. Pharetra et ultrices neque ornare aenean. Rhoncus dolor purus non enim praesent elementum facilisis leo vel. Ultricies tristique nulla aliquet enim tortor. Mi in nulla posuere sollicitudin aliquam ultrices sagittis orci a. Nisi lacus sed viverra tellus in hac habitasse platea. Morbi blandit cursus risus at ultrices mi tempus imperdiet nulla. Ac ut consequat semper viverra nam libero justo laoreet sit. Diam sollicitudin tempor id eu nisl nunc mi.

Here I used a flexbox and justify-content to center the post instead of a margin. Both will work. I also used a background image property since that is easier to work with.
Code:
[div=display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center;][div=position:relative;background:transparent;border:0px;width:400px;height:400px;overflow-y:scroll;][FONT=trebuchet ms]text[/FONT][/div][div=width: 400px; height: 400px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/irlalt-jpg.37308/full'); background-size: 100%;][/div][/div]

The scrollbar can be fixed with this: Tutorial - ☂ snippets

I should say that BBCode here now uses classes, since it helps to keep the code organized. What that'll look like is this:
Code:
[div class=root][div class=text][FONT=trebuchet ms]text[/FONT][/div][div class=image][/div][/div]
[nobr]
[class name=root]
display: flex; 
flex-flow: row wrap; 
justify-content: center;
[/class]

[class name=text]
position:relative;
background:transparent;
border:0px;
width:400px;
height:400px;
overflow-y:scroll;
[/class]

[class name=image]
width: 400px; 
height: 400px; 
background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/irlalt-jpg.37308/full'); 
background-size: 100%;
[/class]

[/nobr]

I don't actually know about the scroll box, but as one way to get the text box and image together would be like this. I messed around with the code a bit and made so instead of applying the changes directly, the div's have been given classes and then those classes are what apply the changes. It was just so I could read it a bit easier, feel free to ask me to change it back if you need

Code:
[nobr]
[div class="container"]
    [div class="scrollText"]
        [FONT=trebuchet ms]text text text[/FONT]
    [/div]
    [div class="imageAside"]
        [ATTACH type="full"][/ATTACH][comment]Remove this and replace with your image[/comment]
    [/div]
[/div]

[class name="container"]

[/class]

[class name="scrollText"]
    float: left;
    width: 400px;
    height: 400px;
    margin-left: 400px;
    overflow-y: scroll;
[/class]

[class name="imageAside"]
    float: right;
    margin-right: 400px;
[/class]

[/nobr]
[div class="container"] [div class="scrollText"] text text text [/div] [div class="imageAside"] [/div] [/div] [class name="container"] [/class] [class name="scrollText"] float: left; width: 400px; height: 400px; margin-left: 400px; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [class name="imageAside"] float: right; margin-right: 400px; [/class]

What a lie! Looking back at it, I completely forgot flex box existed, justify content is better than having the margins forcefully moved to where they need to be

haha ah wow! thank you guys so much! this is very helpful!

although, i do have a question. how exactly does this class organization system work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back