• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [including modern fantasy/mystery] Anyone who does NOT want romance to be the core of the game, and would just want some adventure 'round here?

kevintheradioguy

Salt
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
EDIT [MARCH, 2019]: I am bringing this thread up again. I got a lot of replies last time, but it seems that they never meant to be, as all the discussions died out pretty fast. I cannot tell that all the examples of the plots I had in mind are live issues, so I am more than willing to brainstorm.

Craving for some good RP via threads, set in some known or general fantasy world (can be based of some existing one, or just a generalised high fantasy/dark fantasy/urban fantasy), I have noticed that most, - if not all, - 1x1 games are set with a romance as the main plot. So, I am looking for someone who would want for a story, intrigue, adventure and such to come first! Thus, I am looking for descriptive partners whether for a small one-shot, or a long-term game.

●● in regards to the plots
◌ court intrigues are one of the things I am interested in writing about. Simple people being caught up in something beyond their reach, and trying to figure things out on their own (or just trying to survive).
◌ for some reason, interested in lockdown scenarios - being in the middle of a quarantine, or a lockdown, or anything like this, and in a need to get out. Escape the room, you might say.
◌ modern and urban dark fantasy - yes, please.
◌ [insert yours]

●● in regards to the characters
◌ the only real thing I'd like is for them to be fleshed out. It's hard to take pleasure in playing with mister/miss Blank, that changes drastically to fit the plot at hand.
◌ I'd prefer for the characters to be on the same level of development, as in, I would prefer not to play with some half-elf-half-dragon-half-god-half-death-half-demon (too many halves) immortal chosen hero to destroy the world who defiles his/her heritage, and fixes all the problems with the force of magical fingerclick.
◌ gotta love complex relationships. I'd love to come all the way through a roller-coaster of emotions and attitude, and not be best friends forever from the start (although it
is possible if we come up with a scene that would be about old friends).
◌ all genders and (in reasonable amount) races are pretty welcome.
◌ myself, I prefer to play as someone on a monstrous side, and cannot play a female for the love of my life.

●● in regards to the -sigh- romance
◌ now, don't get me wrong. I don't mind it. I am just not seeking romance plots. Plots can involve it, but not vice-versa. LotR, for example, has romance in it, but the main thing there is a journey, an adventure.
◌ might be interested in playing out one-sided one, where one party is interested, while another one - doesn't.
◌ if it happens - it happens. I don't want to force it on the characters. If they click - good, if they don't - they don't. I would expect, however, for you not to turn around with "ok, bye" just because two made-up people didn't kiss.
◌ all and all, I have played out good romance stories within good plots, and fairly enjoyed them.

●● in regards to the technical questions
◌ I can be contacted via PMs, Skype, Discord - I might be slow due to possible work, but I won't bite. Skype and Discord usernames can be found in the profile - I tend not to pepper them around, as I've got enough spam coming my way.
◌ my preferred way of RPing is this website's threads. I just feel uncomfortable with Discord servers or Skype chats, although the latter is a better possibility.
◌ if you cannot PM, leave a message here asking for me to do it, or, alternatively, click the signature link to my rant thread, and feel free to leave random stuff there to hit that 10 message cap - I don't mind.

Last edited:
I'm totally interested in exploring platonic relationships, I have a few characters I have from DnD games that I would love to explore ?

I'd be interested in plot ideas 4 and 5. Fair warning I'm rusty, I probably will post around 100 words.

Heyo. I've a character in mind whose only existence in life is to facilitate sword and fire dancing adventure across worlds, so they might be in broad brush strokes what you're looking for. My primary interest was in the third; though I'd like for the story to extend past the dimensions of, 'Find this artifact,' even if it does make up the focus of the first act of the story. I'm unable to PM people, but I've a Discord at Kaithe Dame#1196. Hope to hear from you soon.

I'm all for a plot that focuses on the adventure rather than romance! Platonic MxM pairings are my favorite, actually. And I have an idea for a piratish/marine adventure! It involves a naval officer enlisting a pirate on death-row to help track down fantastical objects/weapons before a villainous pirate does. PM me if you're interested :)

Ain't working, mate.

That's...odd? I've attached a file of a screenshot of my profile name # ID. Did you copy + paste and accidentally include the period, perhaps? I might be missing something extremely obvious and made a typo, but I'm not seeing it.

Attachments

• Kaithe.PNG
    Kaithe.PNG
    4.4 KB · Views: 9
That's...odd? I've attached a file of a screenshot of my profile name # ID. Did you copy + paste and accidentally include the period, perhaps? I might be missing something extremely obvious and made a typo, but I'm not seeing it.
I am very stupid with Discord, so, yeah, I just copy and paste and look for an hour where to add people.

Alright. I'll try to break it down.

Look to the left of Discord, whether you're using a browser or the installed version. Scroll up to the top until you see the Discord logo with the label, 'Home.' Click it. You'll see the options 'Games,' and 'Friends,' appear. Go to 'Friends,' and then bring your cursor a few inches upwards to a new, bright blue button called 'Add Friends.' From here, you type in exactly this phrase.

Kaithe Dame#1196

Exactly as written.

Alright. I'll try to break it down.

Look to the left of Discord, whether you're using a browser or the installed version. Scroll up to the top until you see the Discord logo with the label, 'Home.' Click it. You'll see the options 'Games,' and 'Friends,' appear. Go to 'Friends,' and then bring your cursor a few inches upwards to a new, bright blue button called 'Add Friends.' From here, you type in exactly this phrase.

Kaithe Dame#1196

Exactly as written.
Yes. That worked. Thanks!

Love it! I love all your suggestions for the plots. I definetely wouldn’t mind making up a new character for any of these stories. I also strongly feel that romance isn’t necessary in every story. I would love to rp with you.

Yes!! Someone else who loves fleshed out characters, not for the sake of romance, but for the story! I'm definitely down to rp with you if you've got the time and energy. All the plots sound good to me! Lots of wiggle room for character development and interaction!

My only disclaimer is that I'm working two jobs atm (I am busy for 16 hours every weekday). This means at most I'll be posting once a day. If you're okay with that, I'd love to get the chance to rp with you.

My discord username is TigrineTiger#3741.

I am bringing this thread up again. I got a lot of replies last time, and answered to some of them. Some went unanswered, but just because when I got to them too much time had passed, and I was embarrassed to write back, so, my apologies if this happens. Not to bother people who replied a whole month back, I am opening it again, and if you still have an interest or an idea, feel free to send a PM, Skype message, or a Discord one. I cannot tell that all the examples of the plots I had in mind are live issues, so I am more willing to brainstorm.

Last edited:
If you're still in need for a partner I hope you'll consider me! I was looking for a long term rp, one that wasnt based solely on romance! I'm really open with ideas so maybe would could discuss something!

Maeve Valor here to the rescue!... Yeah I'm interested lol It's hard to find a good rp partner not interested in romance and I kind of stray from that since I have a fiance'

Very interested, it would be nice to start a rp with no obligation for romance. I haven't role played in a while, either, and I'd like to get back into it.

I love urban fantasy as well as high. I like many others like the idea of roleplaying something platonically with a partner. If you're interested, I have a couple of urban plots/ideas. Feel free to PM me anytime. My inbox is always open.

I’d be interested in figuring out a plot. I’m not big on forced romance myself, and sometimes it’s nice for the characters simply be friends, or forced-together-rival-acquaintances. One thing I should mention first though is that my characters are about 98% anthros/furries, with a harpy and some dragon’s filling out the other 2%. And they’re mostly female as well.

What you're looking for sounds interesting, I'm not one for just romance in a story, I'd be happy to Rp if you're still Interested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back