• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Anyone wants to brainstorm group RP from scratch?

GreenSea

Chicken Drumstick Hero
Yes is not that I'm lazy to come up with an Idea but... I just want to make a RP in a weird and fun way...

but I only brainstorm about:

-Fantasy

-Modern Fantasy

-Slice of life

-Anime Fandom

-Supernatural

-Disney

-Video game based (which there is a huge plan I was thinking to make)

and sometimes:

-Sci fi

-Survival

Rarely:

anything beside the above

So hit me up with an idea so we can brainstorm it together! (just name the genre and brief intro of the plot or anything indicate you want to brainstorm) and of course there's a huge possibility that I or other will make the RP if we done with plot and all that stuffs~

Well actually about that I've already made an RP about Disney.

well anything pacticularly, but I really fancy some hard pokemon fandom

@CrystalTears I was surprised this avatar wasn't taken by anybody else all ready on this site. KH is one of my favorite games, if you couldn't tell. My avatar before this one was Riku! (Who I prefer way more than Sora, but at this point it's kinda like who doesn't feel that way?)

@GreenSea Pokemon fandom is what you would like to RP? If managed well enough, it could go fine or horrendously bad. Making a Pokemon RP means you have to deal with a whole slew of CS' that might not be suitable enough for your liking. Then again, it's all about your RP style. For instance, I prefer writing multi-paragraph posts, so if I was to join a Pokemon RP, it would take some very decent CS' and RPers to catch my interest.

Agree I'm currently love to make very complicated detail RP which have an open world which has no plot because it would create more flexibility of each character development. I also tend to hybrid 2 fandom into one or create something new, such as my new RP I hybrid SAO with Disney into an MMORPG like war, not people would like it but it's gives much freedom for a character to explore. 
For Kingdom Heart though.. I was wondering if we purely can make a new RP about it, I played some of the KH games so.. I only know a little. Should we mixed it or should we make a new plot for it? @Braxnond

As far as a story with no plot, i'm not sure how many people would like to RP such a thing. I say that mostly because it seems that more RPers on here than not prefer to be led while they play. As far as Kingdom Hearts though, if you want to make a new RP about it, that's totally viable. I'm the type of RPer who prefers my own created characters rather than playing other characters who have all ready been made, so a completely new KH plot obviously works for my style.

I already had a war RP about Disney and if make another war themed, I feel like I'm not creative at all but could be use also. I was thinking that Key wielder going to have war between each other or like MMORPG.

There's no need to do a basic 'good vs evil' KH RP. Could just make one with a plot and a few character slots. Make it an actual journey.

Yes that's true, like a naruto send a group of 3 people and wander around adventuring. (there will be a lot of NPC though lol) and recruit disney character system? <--- just a thing that I really really like to implement

Well, I don't pride myself on being an 'uber leet' RPer but I am another fan of Kingdom hearts, and given how open the world is.. you can do a ton with it, I would limit the keyblade-weilders though since most Kingdom hearts RPs I see end up having keyblades outnumber everything else by 4 to 1... which unless the goal is a keyblade war doesn't seem to make much sense

Last edited by a moderator:
How about limit keyblader to 1 for each team and while other can have a power/ weapons that could match keyblader? and again my larger wasn't create a war since I want to try something new although it will be epic though..... so @Godman873 what do you expect to have from this open world RP, feature wise like battle system or something like that

GreenSea said:
How about limit keyblader to 1 for each team and while other can have a power/ weapons that could match keyblader? and again my larger wasn't create a war since I want to try something new although it will be epic though..... so @Godman873 what do you expect to have from this open world RP, feature wise like battle system or something like that
Features? I am drawing a blank. I am not used to RP 'features' aside from dice based battle systems which don't really appeal to me all that much. If I think of something I will be sure to edit this post but at the moment I can't think of anything amazing or fun that would be a great feature.

Only thing that has come to me would be if others really wanted to RP yet if it already had the main people needed you could always have people RP the Disney characters for when they need them but even then it would probably not be worth the hassle to get them on exactly when you need them to in the end. (Even I am not fond of my own idea to be honest lol)

@Godman873

Well feature that I'm talking about is like Exp based system, kingdom building system and etc..

GreenSea said:
@Godman873
Well feature that I'm talking about is like Exp based system, kingdom building system and etc..
ohh like that?

EXP system sounds pretty good, more exp = more consistent(or higher) dice rolls? Assuming you use a Dice system?

Kingdom building system sounds... interesting, not sure what exactly what it would be though...

Well it's an example that my RP has implemented (not really going to discuss my RP) but I was wondering if RPG element (inventory, Item, and such) will be compliment KH ? also I'm trying to get a little out of box when it comes to features.

actually the more exp= lvl up = higher stats= higher dice roll

^____I get to that later~

GreenSea said:
Well it's an example that my RP has implemented (not really going to discuss my RP) but I was wondering if RPG element (inventory, Item, and such) will be compliment KH ? also I'm trying to get a little out of box when it comes to features.
actually the more exp= lvl up = higher stats= higher dice roll

^____I get to that later~
Inventory could be a good idea but I would try to keep it as a side mechanic, not completely necessary but beneficial if taken advantage of. It would definately give it that RPG type element and a bit more of a kingdom hearts feel.

Godman873 said:
Inventory could be a good idea but I would try to keep it as a side mechanic, not completely necessary but beneficial if taken advantage of. It would definately give it that RPG type element and a bit more of a kingdom hearts feel.
yes agree as my main target of the RP is to let them creatively have their character to wander around the open world.

I love survival RPs and have been trying to get a couple up and on the go, but they never get any attention and end up a flop. I also love the idea of a Video Game RP. Especially games like Skyrim and Bioshock, I think that they could go far with a little effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back