• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Anyone Want to Play Mafia? (Roleplay/Mafia game. Trying something new.)

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Welcome to the interest check, I'd like to say immediately that this is an interactive game of Mafia, which means it has roleplay elements mixed in with Mafia gameplay. I will be explaining the rules shortly, but I want to explain the setting first.

A group of people are gathered in an abandoned mansion, a blizzard roaring just outside the rotting walls. The lights are on, thank goodness, though it does seem like the power flickers on and off occasionally. It's cold inside the mansion but it's still better than being outside. Anyone who goes out into the blizzard is certainly doomed to an icy death. It soon becomes evident that the mansion is displaying signs of paranormal activity. A ghost roams the building, looking for a body to posses so it can cause pain and suffering to the people who dared to step foot in it's mansion. The survivors can't leave, so their only choice is to find the possessed individual and banish the ghost. Unfortunately, possession isn't the only situation they face. The survivors are stuck in a time loop, the ghost turning back time whenever the possessed has been found or everyone has been killed. They need to find out why the ghost is torturing them, and how to stop the time loop so they can wait out the blizzard and escape the building in one piece.

The game we will be playing is similar to Mafia. You will send me your CS via pms, and before the round of Mafia begins I will randomly assign roles to each character. Once the round begins things will go as normal roleplay, you may chat with other characters or explore the mansion. At one point in the roleplay I will say "The ghost has entered a body," which marks the start of the Mafia game. The lights will go out, and everyone will carry out their jobs by pming me what they want to do. (Ex: the possessed tells me who they want to kill.) Everyone's characters will also do things in rp, such as hiding or grouping up. It depends on what you want them to do.

When the lights turn on I will describe the scene, and everyone will go back into roleplay mode and have their characters discuss who might be possessed. Each time the light goes off and on there will be a chance that 1 piece of evidence will be left behind. Some evidence will be backstory related, others may be physical appearance.

As the game continues, the people who are killed have a choice to become a friendly ghost (try to help players), spectate, or chat with other dead people. If everyone dies the next round will start immediately and the possessed character will gain a buff for when they are no longer possessed (I will explain the buff in the characters section.) If the possessed is found, there will be a period of time for the survivors to look for clues on how to stop the time loop. If the possessed loses, they will gain a temporary de-buff.

After each round the roles will be randomized for each character. Once the time loop is stopped, the characters may escape and the rp is over.

I will determine what roles are present in this game once I have an idea on how many people might participate. For now I know there will at least be one possessed, one detective, and maybe a medic.

Characters will be created by you. You will send me your CS through pms. In the character sheet there will be a skill point system that determines your characters skills and percentages in luck based elements of the game.

You will start off with 10 points. You may choose where those points go depending on what you want to be better at. The max you may have in a single category is 10 points. Each skill point represents a 5% chance.

Intelligence: the more points of intelligence you have the higher the chance you will find extra clues.

Strength: The higher amount of
strength you have the more likely you can fight off the possessed if they try to kill you. This also goes for the possessed character, so it's more likely they will kill who they want to kill.

Durability: Increases you're chance of surviving a wound inflicted by the possessed. This only comes into play if a medic tries to heal you.

Sneak: there is more of a chance that the possessed won't be able to find you when you're hiding.

If you win as the possessed, you will gain 1 skill point to add to your character. If you lose as the possessed, you will lose 5 skill points for the next round of Mafia. You will gain them back after the round ends.

You will have the responsibility of telling me what evidence might be left behind if you're character murders someone.

Otherwise, make a normal CS.

I don't expect much, just please play the game fairly and be nice. I'd say please be at least a semi-lit writer and I expect at least a paragraph or two from you. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them 😁

If at least 5 people respond I will go more in detail with some other things about the game, such as the mansions layout and how clues work. If y'all are interested I'm excited to see how this goes!

I wonder if I have time to commit to this because I love the mafia game. This has my interest.

Hellooo! I'm really interested in this idea, but I do have a question I need to ask. Do you have any posting schedule requirements? A post a week or some such?

Oh yeah, that's a great question! I'd say the limit is at least once a week. Although, I won't kick anyone out if they're gone for longer, we will all just move on without them and they can jump back in if they want.

Oh yeah, that's a great question! I'd say the limit is at least once a week. Although, I won't kick anyone out if they're gone for longer, we will all just move on without them and they can jump back in if they want.
Hmm...this might be doable then. I'm slow as molasses and so often get left behind in group RP's because of it.

I’m a ToS regular as well as someone who often brings up a game of Mafia/WW whenever my irl group want a pastime so I’m definitely interested to see how this goes in RP format. Color me interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back