Looking for Anyone wanna play an MMO sometime?

Topic.

I'm leaning towards an anime-styled MMO because I'm a weeaboo. I haven't decided what I want to play, but I'm considering Grand Fantasia or Aura Kingdom. Something in that vein and that is also free (sorry Final Fantasy fans, I just don't have the budget to spare). I may also be open to Minecraft and Stardew Valley. I'd really love to make a Minecraft Roleplay server one of these days, but another time and another place. But anyway. . Does any of this appeal to anyone? I'd love to hear if there was any interest in an MMO. . Or something else, really. My laptop is a bit of a potato, but I also have a Switch that works alright too.

I hear Blade and Soul is a pretty good one. Anime-esque, Korean in origin, martial arts, made in 2012 and released to Western countries in 2016 or so -- I have never played it myself and am not sure if it is playable for free, but maybe that is something you might want to check out. I think it has an anime for the universe, too.

Runescape is one of my old passions, and is a great way to spend time and relax. Currently I am playing a Star Wars MMO The Old Republic which is highly freemium, which I am not too much of a fan of, plus it is not too anime-esque. Beyond that, maybe Genshin Impact? I know it can burn phones and computers, however, and is a bit gacha, and if your computer is a bit low in terms of power I would not recommend it. Maplestory 1 and 2 I wish I could recommend, but they are shut down.

I hope this helps.

Topic.

I'm leaning towards an anime-styled MMO because I'm a weeaboo. I haven't decided what I want to play, but I'm considering Grand Fantasia or Aura Kingdom. Something in that vein and that is also free (sorry Final Fantasy fans, I just don't have the budget to spare). I may also be open to Minecraft and Stardew Valley. I'd really love to make a Minecraft Roleplay server one of these days, but another time and another place. But anyway. . Does any of this appeal to anyone? I'd love to hear if there was any interest in an MMO. . Or something else, really. My laptop is a bit of a potato, but I also have a Switch that works alright too.
Anime-syled mmo
Wouldn't that just be a JMMORPG?
Usually they're called JRPGs but that's not considering the MMO factor in it

I hear Blade and Soul is a pretty good one. Anime-esque, Korean in origin, martial arts, made in 2012 and released to Western countries in 2016 or so -- I have never played it myself and am not sure if it is playable for free, but maybe that is something you might want to check out. I think it has an anime for the universe, too.

Runescape is one of my old passions, and is a great way to spend time and relax. Currently I am playing a Star Wars MMO The Old Republic which is highly freemium, which I am not too much of a fan of, plus it is not too anime-esque. Beyond that, maybe Genshin Impact? I know it can burn phones and computers, however, and is a bit gacha, and if your computer is a bit low in terms of power I would not recommend it. Maplestory 1 and 2 I wish I could recommend, but they are shut down.

I hope this helps.
Thank you for the recommendations! I'll take a look at some of these.

I adore minecraft, not gonna lie. Here, add me on discord, my name is APHRODITE#9298
Late, but I'm sending you a request right now!

Anime-syled mmo
Wouldn't that just be a JMMORPG?
Usually they're called JRPGs but that's not considering the MMO factor in it
If you want to be technical, sure. Not all anime-styled MMORPGs come from Japan though. Quite a few, such as Aura Kingdom and Grand Fantasia themselves, are actually based out of South Korea from what I know. It might make the "J" somewhat incorrect in those cases.

Last edited:
If you want anime-like MMO, I can suggest Phantasy Star Online 2. It is free and VERY anime (it's a Japanese game). Although it's kinda sci-fi aesthetic, but has magic too.
A lot of content can be done alone, or you can join a random team for group quests. There is some paid content but it's not game breaking and you can enjoy the full game for free just fine if you play casually.

Ooh! Good suggestion right there. I forgot that I have seen some commercials regarding that MMO, and I am tempted to sign up for that one myself.

I may have denied it LOL. Try sending it again
No worries! I'll send it again right now.

If you want anime-like MMO, I can suggest Phantasy Star Online 2. It is free and VERY anime (it's a Japanese game). Although it's kinda sci-fi aesthetic, but has magic too.
A lot of content can be done alone, or you can join a random team for group quests. There is some paid content but it's not game breaking and you can enjoy the full game for free just fine if you play casually.
Thanks for the recommendation! I have that one installed, but I've actually not played it yet. :deadopenmouth:

My only MMORPG experience recently comes from Mabinogi, which I adore but the graphics leaves a lot to be desired.
I played that back in 2014 and I remember not really liking it. I remember that it had sleeping behind a skill wall which I found really odd. Has it been updated since then?

Well, to be fair xD there are way more skills now, the skill ceiling was lowered for some stuff and raised for others, they are trying to make it more friendly for new players and seem to be working. But, the graphics still leave a lot to be desired, they have not changed since when you played in 2014

Well, to be fair xD there are way more skills now, the skill ceiling was lowered for some stuff and raised for others, they are trying to make it more friendly for new players and seem to be working. But, the graphics still leave a lot to be desired, they have not changed since when you played in 2014
I will tentatively consider it. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back