• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Anyone up for some cyberpunk?

Sir Galahad II

Semi-colon Evangelist
I've ran this RP twice before on a different forum. It died the first time due to people losing interest. It died the second due to me being lazy and putting off moving the story along. However, I believe that third time's the charm.

Here's the gist of what I have so far for the revamped backstory. I'll likely edit it later to make it more realistic.
By the year 2025, the world had made great scientific advancements, from advanced medication to high tech home appliances. However, it was soon more difficult to acquire the materials for these ever advancing technologies. Countries bickered over land, envied the resources of each other, and became paranoid about expanding military strength across the world. Meanwhile, wealthy, influential individuals from around the world pulled strings from the shadows, urging the world to go to war in order to expand their influence, having lost their patience after decades of attempting control the slow way.

Thus began the Second Cold War. Countries turned to huge, sometimes continent-spanning military alliances. An arms race quickly developed. Advanced anti-warhead defense systems threw the nuclear option out the window. Soon, countries attacked each other with their newly augmented soldiers, starting World War 3 on August 2nd, 2037.

Using the war and staged terrorist attacks on the public, governments controlled by these shadowy politicians used these as excuses to strip away rights in exchange for “protection.” Rioting quickly erupted, and the war died down a bit while governments quelled resistance. Once non-complying countries were conquered, a peace treaty was signed, ending the war on June 8th, 2048.

In the United States, patriotism quickly became a thing of the past as the government tore away at American culture. Independance day was replaced by the Day of Peace, the day the largest resistance group in the US, the American League of Minutemen, was quelled on April 16th, 2042. The constitution became a relic rather than the supreme law of the land.

The day is July 4th, 2072. You are in a major city in the United States named Lynnhaven, whether you were born there or otherwise. The American League of Minutemen is slowly regaining power. They have eyes and ears in many places, and noticed that you have skills that are valuable to them, and also know that you either don’t approve of the current tyrannical regime, or you’re willing to work against it for money. You’ve been sent a message telling you to go to a warehouse in a section of the city called Old Town, digital or otherwise. For whatever reason, you decide to track the coordinates at the specified time.

As for character creation, I've adapted a system from a cyberpunk RP that came before mine, which came from a cyberpunk Create Your Own Adventure (CYOA) online. You'll be spending points to purchase skills and augmentations from various categories. This is to ensure each character has advantages and disadvantages. If you feel this system limits your creativity, let me know.

I'd also like to point out that school has started for me, and it is easy for me to lose motivation sometimes, so it would be great if I could have one or two co-GMs to help keep everyone organized, help me come up with missions and such, and keep me on track. I'll probably just have everyone interact with each other's characters if I'm busy for a while.

Once this gains enough attention, I'll set up a Discord so we can have our own little community. Feel free to ask me questions.

Last edited:
I'd be down to help you with the writing-side of things and potentially play a "management"-type role in the RP. I think with some more details added, the world you've envisioned could be pretty interesting.

Definitely interested in joining and if the need arises I can also help organizing things; though I'm pretty rooted in shadowrun atm and it might bleed into my writing.

I'm interested in joining to. And I'll help in anyway I can, granted though this is my first time doing any cyber punk so may not be any really help but I can try

Need a shock trooper armed with a flamer and shields? Or how about a powered armoured soldier with heavy weapons? Or a high mobility skirmisher? I would be content in any of these roles.

The Minutemen shall rise to prominence in the Commonwealth once again! Fuck the Institute! xD

But hell yeah, I'm interested. : )

f7e.jpg

Anyways I'm interested

Thinking of making a corporate security guard type who's initially signing up to settle a debt/repay a favor. Anyone interested in being the one calling it in? Seems more interesting than making them an npc/background story element.

Thinking of making a corporate security guard type who's initially signing up to settle a debt/repay a favor. Anyone interested in being the one calling it in? Seems more interesting than making them an npc/background story element.
Hmmm I could possibly. You want to hop in the discord so we can chat?

In case anyone else is interested, I've started the RP. Feel free to join last minute if you want! We're open until further notice.

This sounds like something very interesting to me! I'll be sure to join the Discord, if you're still looking.

Yussss I'll start that now. I may need a slight bit of help with the character creation (I have years of RP experience but I haven't done it in aaaaages) but I'm so keen! It looks epic.

Yussss I'll start that now. I may need a slight bit of help with the character creation (I have years of RP experience but I haven't done it in aaaaages) but I'm so keen! It looks epic.
Hop on the discord if you'd like. There's usually a few guys on who might be able to lend a hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back