Video Games Anyone Play Sims 4?

TarantulaHawk

💞 libra — istp 💞
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm an avid Sims player and have been playing it since Sims 2 and I wanna be able to talk with more people about it. Currently I can't play it because the second most recent update broke my custom content and then the newest update broke my game, so I'm reinstalling the entire thing. (':

I LOVE the Sims. I used to play obsessively, almost like an alternative to RPing when my internet wasn't so good. One of my characters is even based on a Sim I made in Sims 2 (which was my favorite of the entire series).

The Sims 2 is incredible, honestly! It's awfully good. lmao! I have a few characters that are based off of sims I've made myself.

Isn't it? I'm glad I'm not the only one who used the game as inspiration. =P I honestly feel a little lame sharing the Sims screenshot I took if my character, sometimes.

My ideal Sims game would be Sims 2, with Sims 4 character creation, and a bit of Sims 3 open-world freedom. Sims 3 was a little chaotic for me, while 4 took away all that was good about 3! Moods are kind of cool, though.

I played Sims 2 pets and Sims 3. And I have Sims 4 now. I like the game but you have to spend over 100 dollars to get all the DLCs. I feel like I bought an incomplete game.

I played Sims 2 pets and Sims 3. And I have Sims 4 now. I like the game but you have to spend over 100 dollars to get all the DLCs. I feel like I bought an incomplete game.

Do you feel that's different from, say, Sims 2? I think Sims 3 had the most content in the base game, so compared to that, I can see how it feels lacking.

Do you feel that's different from, say, Sims 2? I think Sims 3 had the most content l content in the base game, so compared to that, I can see how it feels lacking.

Yeah. It was better in the other two because I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. But with this one I feel like I have to give all that money after already buying a pricey game or I can't have as much fun as others are having.

Yeah. It was better in the other two because I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. But with this one I feel like I have to give all that money after already buying a pricey game or I can't have as much fun as others are having.

I feel like the only big difference between Sims 4 and 2 (outside of the more sophisticated character creation and moodlets) is the lack of aliens. Which, in my opinion, was the BEST part of the game. So in that sense, I guess I see what you mean.

By the way, I'm on PS4. And the game does play very smoothly. And it's still really fun. I just don't think a dlc to get pets needs to be 40 dollars and upwards.

Ooooh. I've only played on PC. I can't speak to the newer games on other consoles, but in my experience with the original Sims for PlayStation, it's not nearly as good.

Sims 4 is different because it's a direct port. Everything you can do on pc you can do on the console. So that was at least good because I'm not a fan of pc gaming.

I feel like the only big difference between Sims 4 and 2 (outside of the more sophisticated character creation and moodlets) is the lack of aliens. Which, in my opinion, was the BEST part of the game. So in that sense, I guess I see what you mean.
Sims 4 has aliens - its with the Go To Work expansion pack. Took me a good four months to realize though! Wasn't until one day where I was creating a new sim that I realized there was an option to create an alien sim who can disguise themselves as a normal sim (but also has an alien appearance). There's even an alien homeland which your sim can search for and explore

Sims 4 has aliens - its with the Go To Work expansion pack. Took me a good four months to realize though! Wasn't until one day where I was creating a new sim that I realized there was an option to create an alien sim who can disguise themselves as a normal sim (but also has an alien appearance). There's even an alien homeland which your sim can search for and explore

Sounds like I need that expansion pack!

I don't play it but I thought I'd leave the tip to check out CallMeKevin's ongoing maniacal Sims playthrough on youtube where he formed a cult around his character, old man Jim Pickens. I've been enjoying it a lot.

I don't play it but I thought I'd leave the tip to check out CallMeKevin's ongoing maniacal Sims playthrough on youtube where he formed a cult around his character, old man Jim Pickens. I've been enjoying it a lot.

I love Call me Kevin's playthroughs! He's such a chaotic evil and it's brilliant watching him exploit the Sims 4. I'd also recommend checking out his Undead Nightmare series.

I love Call me Kevin's playthroughs! He's such a chaotic evil and it's brilliant watching him exploit the Sims 4. I'd also recommend checking out his Undead Nightmare series.
True, Kevin is the kind of a guy that would make a restaurant just to get the customers killed.

omg rip :'(

sims is the real og game despite how many times it has let me down. i mainly play it to figure our alternate ways for murder. that sounds more sinister than what i intended wow

I love The Sims, and regularly play Sims 4. I also really like watching Sims Let's Plays on youtube, which sounds so geeky, but TheSimSupply and Deligracy are so entertaining.

I was recently looking at Meetups to try and meet people in the area I recently moved to, and I saw there's a group for female gamers. I kind of think The Sims isn't the kind of game they're talking about though...

I went from Sims 1 to Sims 4 so I never had the pleasure of experiencing sims 2 & 3. But I had all the expansion packs for sims 1 and I remember it use to take FOREVER to load on my brick of a laptop.

I’m a bit mad at my sims 4 at the moment too. I was making a hella dope guy today and it kept crashing every time I tried to save him. I made him like four times but at least I ended up getting a picture of my first efforts 😭
4BF0F8FF-E2C7-498E-BF15-3614450BEAD0.jpeg

I've been playing since 1. Sims is always a franchise i return to.. MAXIS planted that seed deep :(

I am incredibly passionate about the sims. I never played the sims 1, but I have the ENTIRE collection to the sims 2, sims 3, and updated with all the sims 4. Sims is just my love <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back