Other Anyone part of the lgbt community?

When I was about your age I had a couple crushes on girls, and in particular one on my female best friend (I'm male and gay btw). At the time I thought it was romantical attraction. But now I think that it was simply because she was a very special person to me and one I felt deeply connected to.
All I all it's a really confusing age (at least it was for me), but later on things got a little bit clearer, maybe they will for you as well!

That's what I sometimes think too, that it's just because she's such a special person and because we share such a strong bond...
and then there's days where I think it could be romantical attraction...
urgh why is this so hard? x'D

So now that I saw my best friend openly talk about who they are, I think I could too.

I have reasons to believe I'm either bi or pansexual.
I've dated two boys before, and that only lasted for maximum three months. Broke up with my first one because he was an asshole, and with my second because we were too different and he was boring
- and because I was (am) developing feelings for my best friend (another than the one mentioned above xD).
She's a girl.
I'm a girl.

I have no idea if my feelings are just like friendly feelings because we're so alike and she's the first real life best friend I've had who really understands and accepts me...
or if they are real because she's just such an amazing and beautiful and funny and... ok I'm trailing off the subject.

Strange thing is:
was at the mall a couple of days ago, and checked out both girls and boys.
Though I know I'm still too young to think this far ahead (I'm 16), it still makes me wonder:
I can imagine myself in a relationship with a girl/woman, but I want kids - of my own.
I don't know, I just really want to be pregnant (NOT NOW - when I'm married and old enough xD) and idk... urgh.

Everything is kinda confusing and I'm just here all alone having no idea what to do...

anyone got some advice or similar experience(s)?
Wait a sec I'll whatsapp you about this (;

Okay this is rather short since my Wi-Fi is fucked up and may crash any second..
But any advise on how to come out as trans male?
Any experiences with transitioning (especially t therapy and breast removal?)
I know my fam would be supportive, but I really really loathe explaining myself face to face (10 years of bullying beat that out of me) and yeah...

honestly, if you know that your family will be supportive and want to come out to them but are still feeling trepidation about coming out, i would first examine what exactly you're afraid of. if you know what that is, it'll be easier to get around that fear. wait until you feel safe & ready to come out (or in an impulsive and reckless mood if that's your flavor for motivation), but there's really no need to feel rushed about it. if your experience is/will be any like mine, there won't be a time where you can just conveniently slip a "btw i'm trans" into conversation. (also it helps to know any and all changes in how you wish to be addressed in advance. cis people tend to think if you haven't figured everything 100% out yet then you aren't "ready" to come out which is bs but unfortunately a typical part of getting taken seriously.) i personally took most of an entire winter break meditating on what exactly my identity is, what i am and am not comfortable with, how i want to handle my transition, etc. this included a lot of research on binding safely, binder companies, getting as much information i can on t, watching a few transguys on youtube (chase ross being one of the better known trans educators), and from there how i could explain my identity just kind of became a lot more clear as i thought about it. it definitely helps to have gone through the conversation in my head at least a few times, probably thinking about it right until the moment where i tried to come out (again). but again, please listen to yourself and what you feel safe with. there isn't any one right or wrong way to come out and/or transition. (also i came out to my friends way before i really started asserting myself to my family, and having the support firsthand really helped bolster my confidence.)

as far as t/top surgery, i have only started a low dose of t within this past week and i understandably haven't really noticed any changes yet. i can talk about my experience with getting access to t/finances, if that would help, or if you have any other specific questions. as for top surgery, i have only done some research on surgeons in my area. i have yet to have it, but again, i know a lot of general info if you have any specific questions.

I'm still not really sure what the proper term would be for myself. I'm asexual in the sense that I know that I do not feel any sort of need to be sexually active or have a partner for that. But I'm also interested in relationships as in like, for things other than sex? The gender of whoever it is that I may be 'attracted' to doesn't bother me at all. It's a little intimidating to really be still trying to figure this all out but yeah. I have had people tell me that I am not part of the community so I'm not sure where I stand, but I do support the community very much.

I'm still not really sure what the proper term would be for myself.

the fact that you would be potentially interested in same-gender relationships imo is reason enough to be part of the lgbt community imo. <: for your sake, it might help to think about different types of attraction. that you don't need to be sexually active with a partner could just mean that you have a low libido (libido meaning sex drive)! as for the different types of attraction, there could be sexual, aesthetic, romantic, etc. even if you feel that you never have or maybe never will experience romantic attraction, i think it's possible to get into a committed relationship with someone, as long as both parties are aware of the extent of attraction you feel towards them? idk if that makes sense or not. it sounds to me like you'd be a pan-/poly-something somewhere along the line. it's up to you to figure out where exactly that is or if you even care to break it down that far. (it's not uncommon for people to say that they're asexual polyromantic, for example, though i don't know of anyone that uses descriptors for types of attraction beyond that.)

I'm still not really sure what the proper term would be for myself. I'm asexual in the sense that I know that I do not feel any sort of need to be sexually active or have a partner for that. But I'm also interested in relationships as in like, for things other than sex? The gender of whoever it is that I may be 'attracted' to doesn't bother me at all. It's a little intimidating to really be still trying to figure this all out but yeah. I have had people tell me that I am not part of the community so I'm not sure where I stand, but I do support the community very much.

Remember that sexual attraction and romantic attraction are often different! You can experience on without the other.
People who are romantically attracted to the same gender are LGBT even eithout the sexual aspect!
You sound biromantic or panromantic, but your label should be your choice.

snip snip

Tbh a lot of people conflate orientation with sexual stuff which isn't true at all! You can be gay or bi and still not have any interest in sex, I know in the lgbt community there's some push to not consider being gay or lesbian or bi inherently sexual things, and to be more about love in general- since a lot of straight/bigoted people conflate it to sexual deviance or think gay people are sex hungry all the time... Like bitch I just wanna hold hands!!!

I consider myself pan or bi, but I'm basically exactly how you described.

Honestly I think most people, straight or lgbt, aren't as sex-crazed as the media makes it seem sometimes, and it's normal to not be lusting after people all the time or just not care about sex.

If you're into people regardless of gender you're probably bi or pan, although the only one who can know your orientation is you. If you're same-gender attracted at all, you're lgbt.

I'm agender without an agenda (I'm so sorry) and pan/ace
And Apocalyptic, I feel you so much. It took me eignt years to figure out where I stand on my orientation and to this day I still can have doubts

Joke's old, fam

star-wars-old-meme-its-an-older-joke-sir-but-it-checks-out.jpg

Still questioning. I might be asexual. But honestly? I don't care about my sexuality. Never did, never will.

I'm a non-binary lesbian! Which feels like that should be a contradictory label but yet ... here I am.

(Real talk: my actual "official" label is gynosexual but that's just ... a bad term. Also just adds more confusion to the sexuality/gender explanation conversation.)

I'm a non-binary lesbian! Which feels like that should be a contradictory label but yet ... here I am.

(Real talk: my actual "official" label is gynosexual but that's just ... a bad term. Also just adds more confusion to the sexuality/gender explanation conversation.)

Lots of nonbinary people identify as gay or lesbian! It's not really that contradictory.

Yeah, I would use lesbian over gynosexual. That term has some weird implictations.

Sure, why not? I'm 22 and a proud bisexual ace. Hence the profile pic. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back