• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other Anyone know any good animation programs?

Sir Fungus

*Alot of Poses* "Kamen Rider: Black!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I tried to use the animation desk app on IPad and I don’t like it all that much. Anyone know any good other programs? (For IPad, computer, etc.)

This is what I do, just because I'm generally not that fantastic at animating on the actual animating software. I usually hand draw it first, but the other way I animate is by drawing on Procreate. I use each layer as a different drawing. Then I import those into Animate CC and stick them in. To me, it's far easier than using the original animation software to animate.

as someone who has been to school for this kinda stuff, i can genuinely say that there isnt much. opentoonz and toonboom are the only ones that will get you a finished result with little hassle. opentoonz is free but hella complicated, and toonboom can be straightforeward but costs a lotta money. animation isn't really a hobby like digital art is, so there's not a lot for it on a consumer level. if you wanna mess around with animation, just use whatever drawing program you use. make each frame a different layer and then export each layer as an image when you're done. just compile 'em in a video editing software with whatever audio you got and boom. animation. it's a lot harder to see what it looks like in progress, and is a pain if you have more than 10 frames but if you wanna mess around with some simple animations to be sure its something you wanna spend money on then go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back