• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Anyone interested in the Avatarverse/Avatar Legends? (CLOSED)

jaydude

Five Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey all, big Avatar fan here. As in "guy who's watched both cartoons, and read both Kyoshi novels and most of the comics". So naturally, when I learned that Magpie Games were making a tabletop RPG based upon the franchise, I pledged to the Kickstarter campaign, and became interested in trying to run a game or two on here.

In terms of plot ideas, I don't really have anything in mind right now. I want to gage if there's anyone else on this site who's interested in the system first, and the quickstart does indicate that all participants should have an equal say in deciding the game's story (i.e. the scope of it, the focus of our characters, and how they all ended up together). So once I've got enough people who are interested, we'll work out the details together.

For my part, I'm prepared to run a game taking place in any one of the system's specified eras (Kyoshi's Era, Roku's Era, the Hundred Year War Era, Aang's Era and Korra's Era), and I don't mind how big the scope of it is (single settlement, the entirety of the Four Nations, or anything inbetween). The group focus is also something I'm open-ended about, albeit with one caveat; all of the game's characters have to be heroic to at least some degree, so no-one who would be considered evil-aligned in D&D.

So, update. Me and my players were able to come up with an idea for the game: During the events of the Hundred Year War, the characters had gotten themselves captured by the Fire Nation and locked up in a fortress. With the help of an Earth Kingdom rebel imprisoned alongside them, they were able to escape the fortress, stealing some important war documents along the way, and now they're on the run from the Fire Nation, with the group focus being to either take down a prominent Fire Nation general in the area, or deliver the war documents to an Earth Kingdome stronghold so they can be made use of. That's pretty much all we've got planned, but a big part of this game is not entirely knowing what's going to happen next. The plot's procedurally generated, so to speak.

Unfortunately, one of my players withdrew, and I later had to take a week's hiatus owing to my going out of the country for a holiday. Since I got back, only two of my three remaining players have expressed interest in continuing this game, so with that being the case, I'm opening this up to see if anyone else wants to join and play the above scenario. Ideally, I'm looking for one or three more people.

Last edited:
I'd be interested - I don't have a huge amount of knowledge on eras other than Aang's, but I'm happy to learn :)

I'd be interested - I don't have a huge amount of knowledge on eras other than Aang's, but I'm happy to learn :)
Hey. About to head to bed here, but before I do, do you have access to the game's quickstart?

Off to bed now, will look into figuring out how to share resources tomorrow.

Yo! I remember seeing that Kickstarter! Was hoping to back it sometime this year. It looked really fun. Would you have me along?

Hey all.

Some of you seem to have gotten access to the quickstart. Good on you all, but bear in mind that I'm using version 2.1; if you're using version 1.0, be aware that some of the mechanics have changed between versions. To be on the safe side, I've attached PDF's for the 2.1 moves, as well as for the 2.1 playbooks currently available (The Bold, The Guardian, The Hammer, The Icon, The Idealist, The Successor). Everything else should be okay.

Attachments

• Moves.pdf
    958.3 KB · Views: 9
  • The Bold.pdf
    971 KB · Views: 5
  • The Guardian.pdf
    962.5 KB · Views: 4
  • The Hammer.pdf
    968.2 KB · Views: 6
  • The Icon.pdf
    968.8 KB · Views: 4
  • The Idealist.pdf
    962.1 KB · Views: 6
  • The Successor.pdf
    969.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
OOOOHHHH i am verry interested... i have some charictar ideas.... but what era will we be in?

Sure thing, welcome aboard.

I'll try and get topics and stuff set up later today, then we can perhaps get to discussing the actual plot.
Lol my mind is definitely whirling with ideas.

Right now I'm looking into being a waterbender with The Successor Playbook.

ooohh.... im thinking defenetly a fire bender... either The Hammer... or the idealist.... oy

edit: idealist Firebender. got it.

Nice! I was maybe thinking of the Successor too, but I also like the Guardian, and then either Earthbending or Technology

If you are still looking for someone else to join the group, I'd love to get involved. I am very familiar with the AW system, so I can pick this up pretty quickly with some assistance on specific things, like Fighting Style. I have already gone through the OOC section and am willing to go along with everything already discussed.

If you are still looking for someone else to join the group, I'd love to get involved. I am very familiar with the AW system, so I can pick this up pretty quickly with some assistance on specific things, like Fighting Style. I have already gone through the OOC section and am willing to go along with everything already discussed.
Thanks for the offef, but I've already got five players gathered for this. I'll definitely keep you in mind if someone drops out or is otherwise unavailable though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back