• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Anyone interested in a slice of life anime RP?

Captain Spooks

Your friendly neighborhood Darkwraith
main-qimg-4751e094de2112ed7656f24b4dec4616-c

There isn't really much to this, just your standard slice of life, school anime about high school shenanigans. Be whoever you want to be (Within reason) from the ever-popular student council president who totally doesn't have ties to the yakuza, to that one background character that gets horribly animated and is left to the annals of history.

Anyways, this will just be a laid back RP full of bromances and romances, nothin' really special about it. Obviously this will be more character-driven than plot unless we all collectively come up with one like some hivemind. Generally, I'd like to skip boring stuff like class (unless there's something interesting going on) but we can discuss all of this when the RP goes up.​

I don't imagine there would be anything big, but will there be any post requirements at all? Size or timing.

What kind of character sheets can we expect?

I would also worry such an RP would grow stale fast, as often in such RPs players aren't too good at prompting themselves from what I've seen. As a GM do you have any strategy in mind to deal with that kind of problem?

I don't imagine there would be anything big, but will there be any post requirements at all? Size or timing.

What kind of character sheets can we expect?

I would also worry such an RP would grow stale fast, as often in such RPs players aren't too good at prompting themselves from what I've seen. As a GM do you have any strategy in mind to deal with that kind of problem?
For post lengths, anything above just a simple one-liner is fine, as long as it moves the scene along. I tend to write at least one paragraph but that's just me.

The character sheet is pretty basic, name, age, height, personality, background, likes/dislikes, relationships, etc. I'd like there to be some depth to it so we can get to know the characters better.

To be honest I've been trying to think of a solution to this since it is a problem with this genre of RP. For now, I'll try to gauge ideas from everyone, give characters their own arcs, or have periodic events. One idea I had was some kind of loose plot in the background that can help keep players engaged, though I haven't thought of one yet.

For post lengths, anything above just a simple one-liner is fine, as long as it moves the scene along. I tend to write at least one paragraph but that's just me.

The character sheet is pretty basic, name, age, height, personality, background, likes/dislikes, relationships, etc. I'd like there to be some depth to it so we can get to know the characters better.

To be honest I've been trying to think of a solution to this since it is a problem with this genre of RP. For now, I'll try to gauge ideas from everyone, give characters their own arcs, or have periodic events. One idea I had was some kind of loose plot in the background that can help keep players engaged, though I haven't thought of one yet.

I see. This being the case, I unfortunately cannot say I am interested. I was willing to give a bit more leeway given the expectation, but without at the very least a good paragraph per post I just can't stay invested (even then it's a bit of a push for me). Furthermore, without an intervention plan I can't dedicate my time to such an RP.

Nonetheless, I do wish you all the best of luck with this RP and overall happy RPing!

I see. This being the case, I unfortunately cannot say I am interested. I was willing to give a bit more leeway given the expectation, but without at the very least a good paragraph per post I just can't stay invested (even then it's a bit of a push for me). Furthermore, without an intervention plan I can't dedicate my time to such an RP.

Nonetheless, I do wish you all the best of luck with this RP and overall happy RPing!
That's totally fine, good luck out there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back