Chitchat Anyone in the Fictionkin Community?

Hirquitickitty

Become Ungovernable
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I was just curious if anyone else is fiction-kin on here! I don't have any friends who are and I'd really like to. With all due respect, I am not interested in those who "kin for fun" and I'm not here to argue so please keep that in mind.
I'm pretty sure it's obvious based off my profile but I am in an Omori kinshift right now and very fond of that particular kin. I have other characters I kin (and one possible otherkin) but none as strong as Omori.
I guess this thread can also extend to anyone who has any questions about fictionkin or doesn't know what the heck i'm talking about and would like to understand.
to be honest I'm a little nervous to post this but I know you guys will be kind!

Heck yeah, this is a judgement-free zone! Judgers die by my fist I'm kidding please don't ban me
I'd love to hear about what fiction-kin is I know little to no knowledge about how kinning in general works tbh.

Heck yeah, this is a judgement-free zone! Judgers die by my fist I'm kidding please don't ban me
I'd love to hear about what fiction-kin is I know little to no knowledge about how kinning in general works tbh.
lmao, this website is probably one of the nicest I know tbh ^^ no clue why I was nervous!
but as for what fictionkin is, it's a belief system where one believes they were either a fictional character in a past life or in another dimension, it varies person by person how they choose to interpret their feelings but it's generally an acknowledgment that they are or once were a character. The one most people know is therian (better known as otherkin) where one believes they are/were an animal.
People in the community don't say "kinning" moreso just "I am fictionkin, here's my kintypes" since kin is not a verb in this context (just to clarify!).
It's a very old concept but was recently re-popularized and appropriated to be "relating to a character" which is an entirely different thing. It's a bit frustrating but eet ees what eet ees, I've better come to terms with it recently. I think people like the idea of escapism in being a character you look up to/like and acting like them, but with kin you can't choose your kintypes just like you can't choose who you were in a past life.

Oh, wow! I don't think I've ever heard of this. I've seen "otherkin" but I kind of never looked into it.
Thanks for the description! Very interesting to learn about other stuff even if you can't identify with it : D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back