TV & Film Anyone here watch Mr. Robot?

Yes, I’m super late to the series. I’ve just completed the first season and I can say that I’m hooked!

It reminds me a bit of Black Mirror, which is another series, I really love. It’s so interesting to explore the relationship between society and the development of technology.

Admittedly, I don’t think I can follow the narrative in just one viewing so I have to watch it again. Definitely super trippy! Lol.

Yes, I’m super late to the series. I’ve just completed the first season and I can say that I’m hooked!

It reminds me a bit of Black Mirror, which is another series, I really love. It’s so interesting to explore the relationship between society and the development of technology.

Admittedly, I don’t think I can follow the narrative in just one viewing so I have to watch it again. Definitely super trippy! Lol.
Yeesssss!!! It’s definitley a series you need to watch a few times over. Season 2 for me was a bit slow until later in the season so if you find yourself feeling that way - stick it out it gets so so so so good and picks up so quickly.

I feel like there's so much psychological subversion that I have to decipher, which, I find interesting because I love puzzles. Like throughout Episode 4, I was just going, "Wait.. what?" and rewinding it. XD

Thank you for the heads up, though! I heard from a friend of mine that they were on the fence about season 2. I think they just weren't impressed by the new characters, but I haven't seen it so I can't comment on it. Can't wait to see the rest of it!

I really need to catch up on this one. I haven't watched it since season 1. This isn't because I didn't like it but just sort of forgot about it. I do have access to Amazon Prime, so I might spend a few days catching up on it sometime in the future.

(Sorry if this is a bit of a late bump, not sure about the etiquette here haha)

This season has been brilliant so far!! Honestly not sure if it can top season 3 with the episode with Trenton's brother (if you didn't cry through that episode you're a psycho) or the one-cut episode, but I'm really loving the mystery surrounding the third alter. Episode 2 is my favourite so far but I'm dying for Monday to come around for episode 4.

(Sorry if this is a bit of a late bump, not sure about the etiquette here haha)

This season has been brilliant so far!! Honestly not sure if it can top season 3 with the episode with Trenton's brother (if you didn't cry through that episode you're a psycho) or the one-cut episode, but I'm really loving the mystery surrounding the third alter. Episode 2 is my favourite so far but I'm dying for Monday to come around for episode 4.
Season 4 has been amazing so far! This past episode hasn’t been my most favorite but it was good on an emotional level. That episode in season 3 and then the big reveal in season 1 will forever be my favorite. The one cut episode was absolutely brilliant. I knew after the first 6 minutes of episode 1 season 4 that this was gonna be an amazing season but I’m not sure if the fate of our characters are looking too good lol

Season 4 has been amazing so far! This past episode hasn’t been my most favorite but it was good on an emotional level. That episode in season 3 and then the big reveal in season 1 will forever be my favorite. The one cut episode was absolutely brilliant. I knew after the first 6 minutes of episode 1 season 4 that this was gonna be an amazing season but I’m not sure if the fate of our characters are looking too good lol
Ahahah yeah neither. Angela immediately getting killed off in the first episode was not a good sign, and has made me a little bit anxious for Tyrell's fate given his surprise appearance at the end of last episode. What did you think of the end of last episode? - seen some people on twitter saying that they're upset at Elliot having a big emotional connection with Olivia and not Darlene, and personally I'd have to agree

Tbh I’m super worried about Krista lol. I love Vera but he gives no Fs lol. As for Olivia, I don’t mind the pairing so much I just think it’s set to fail. Eventually she’ll find out his original intention or she’s gonna get hurt because of him and it’s just gonna lead to shayla level sadness all over again haha. His relationship with Darlene this season has been reasonably alarming and I feel bad for her as the odds are stacked against her as of current.

Tbh I’m super worried about Krista lol. I love Vera but he gives no Fs lol. As for Olivia, I don’t mind the pairing so much I just think it’s set to fail. Eventually she’ll find out his original intention or she’s gonna get hurt because of him and it’s just gonna lead to shayla level sadness all over again haha. His relationship with Darlene this season has been reasonably alarming and I feel bad for her as the odds are stacked against her as of current.
I'm not too fussed about Vera to be honest? I hope he gets some sort of link in with the dark army, his story feels a little bit irrelevant to me personally, but yeah I'm definitely worried for Krista. Definitely agree with what you said about Olivia, not at all ready for the sadness that it will bring to Elliot when it ends.

I'm not too fussed about Vera to be honest? I hope he gets some sort of link in with the dark army, his story feels a little bit irrelevant to me personally, but yeah I'm definitely worried for Krista. Definitely agree with what you said about Olivia, not at all ready for the sadness that it will bring to Elliot when it ends.
Everyone on reddit was saying that he's this huge threat to Elliot and I'm kinda like uhhh where. Because compared to Whiterose, Vera is nothing but a thug. I hope he has a bit of a payoff which I'm sure he will considering its Mr. Robot haha. I'm hoping this season 4 wraps up all the questions and stuff that have come up over the past few seasons. Have you read up on the Sam Sepiol theories?

Everyone on reddit was saying that he's this huge threat to Elliot and I'm kinda like uhhh where. Because compared to Whiterose, Vera is nothing but a thug. I hope he has a bit of a payoff which I'm sure he will considering its Mr. Robot haha. I'm hoping this season 4 wraps up all the questions and stuff that have come up over the past few seasons. Have you read up on the Sam Sepiol theories?
I see him as quite a big threat given all the build up in the trailer and the fact that he was brought back at the end of last season, but you're definitely right in saying he's nothing to whiterose haha. Haven't heard much about the Sam Sepiol theories other than that he is the 3rd alter and existed before Elliot which I find very interesting, but Sam Esmail said that it's someone that we've known from the start; my original theory was that the third alter is the viewer, but unless the show turns into Dora the Explorer I don't know how they'd pull that one off LOL. What have you read about Sam Sepiol?

I see him as quite a big threat given all the build up in the trailer and the fact that he was brought back at the end of last season, but you're definitely right in saying he's nothing to whiterose haha. Haven't heard much about the Sam Sepiol theories other than that he is the 3rd alter and existed before Elliot which I find very interesting, but Sam Esmail said that it's someone that we've known from the start; my original theory was that the third alter is the viewer, but unless the show turns into Dora the Explorer I don't know how they'd pull that one off LOL. What have you read about Sam Sepiol?
Well we technically met Sam Sepiol in season 1, whenever he hacked into that building and ripped Bill Harper to shreads, he said his name was Sam Sepiol. People are saying that he’s the third alter and is the more cold and closed off version of Elliot. As Elliot this season has been pretty edgy and rude so far. In the last episode whenever he was hacking Olivia’s stuff he was under the account name of Sam Sepiol. Sam said that this third persona isn’t supposed to be like a huge mind altering twist but more of a “haha gotcha!” Type moment. I thought it was possibly Krista as the third personality but that was kinda blown after last episode lol

Well we technically met Sam Sepiol in season 1, whenever he hacked into that building and ripped Bill Harper to shreads, he said his name was Sam Sepiol. People are saying that he’s the third alter and is the more cold and closed off version of Elliot. As Elliot this season has been pretty edgy and rude so far. In the last episode whenever he was hacking Olivia’s stuff he was under the account name of Sam Sepiol. Sam said that this third persona isn’t supposed to be like a huge mind altering twist but more of a “haha gotcha!” Type moment. I thought it was possibly Krista as the third personality but that was kinda blown after last episode lol
Definitely need to rewatch as I do not remember Sam Sepiol in season 1 haha - do you mean it was Elliot posing as Sam Sepiol or a totally different person? Regardless, I could totally see this being true. I saw that Sam also said that nobody has predicted who the third alter is yet so it's probably going to be something rather hidden in plain sight.

If Darlene dies I'll riot. And I think the next alter is us or just a colder version of Ellipt we've seen but assumed to be him - to be fair we still haven't really seen the charismatic leader Elliot that gets alluded to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back