• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

PakkuVen

Kupo!
I opened an account here specifically to find a partner for this Fandom. I've got 1 consistent DA-RP, and one person who messaged me that had irl stuff to take care of. Which I absolutely love them for after being ghosted like a dozen times now.

About Me:
  • I post a couple paragraphs of content once a day, and will tell if you if I'll be busy for some reason.
  • Slower post rate is perfectly fine.
  • I don't enjoy romance focused RPs (Sorry if that's what you're looking for!)
  • My primary character will be a male OC.
  • I will play gladly play the part of any character to help fill up the world. Canon and multiples!
  • I like having OOC chats!
  • I am not comfortable with doing this over emails. Let's keep it here or in discord?
Requirements:
  • No god-modding and such.
  • Your replies should give me something to work with!
  • Life happens. Please *tell me* if you are going to be busy for awhile. Even if it means having to pause our RP forever. I will be not be hurt. But I will hurt if you never reply again and I have no idea if you're coming. I'd spend 2 weeks at least wondering </3

What I'm interested in:
Okay I'm honestly down with anything that takes place in any of the Dragon Age universe! Want to do an AU, multiverse, MGiT? I'd love to hear your ideas and brainstorm with you. I'm very flexible with any plot Brainstorming is my favorite part to be honest. I'll likely end up creating different OCs than listed below if that's what suits the kind of RP idea we end up rolling with. These are just ones I recently came up with.

My OCs so far:

+ Qunari/Tal-Vashoth Mage
He has lived under the oppresive rule of the Qun as Saarebas and wants to be free. (or is now free) He served primarily aboard ships and his magic best serves this purpose. Creating mists for cover, putting out fire, giving wind to the sales, manipulation of a small portion of the seas to greatest effect, etc. Since he has never used a focus for his magic he will probably use a great axe or something. He faces enough hate from others (mainly humans) just for being an "ox-man" He will not be waving around an obvious staff that declares himself a mage. Though anyone who gets close can see the scars on his lips where they were sewn shut.​
Name: Reth'Kaari (Protect Knowledge/Mind)

Affiliation: Tal-Vashoth (But only for a few months in Kirkwall)

Appearance: A dark blue-ish gray, stout as any Qunari but also coming up slightly shorter than the average. He has two sets of horns that sweep backwards in a way resembling Flemeth's hairstyle, though they are still growing back in after a lifetime of them being grounded short. His own silvery hair reaches his shoulders, which he braids in simple out of the way plaits.

Skills: Sailing, Only basic skills in camping and martial combat.

Magic: All Qunari and Tal-Vashoth mages are technically hedge mages in their magical style. His is primarily based on water and wind. He can cast a version of a barrier that must be maintained but is also more adaptable. Making it more effective with a dedicated battle partner. All his spells are useful for combat or ship-board life, and use no focus like a staff.

Biography: Reth was originally born into the Qun. Thus he did not have a name until becoming Tal-Vashoth during the events of DA2 in Kirkwall. Reth, Saarebas at the time, had always been a strong-willed mage that struggled to obey the Qun as required of him. He did however obeyed enough that the strictest punishment he suffered was stitching his mouth shut. There is not much to say of what happened until one day his Arvaarad was killed in combat and he escaped. This happened at the tail end of events in Kirkwall. Despite how often Hawke himself had kill other Tal-Vashoth Reth saw the kind of man the champion was and recognize it was borne of their lack of understanding.

Miscellaneous:
  • Horn design chosen to resemble Flemeth/Mythal because she can turn into a dragon, and according to myth she had children. Also according to fragments of records it can be theorized Qunari, descended from the Kossith, were in fact elves mixed with dragon-blood by Ghilan'nain.

+ Dalish Elf Athras (Lavellan?)
He was living in the Denerim alienage during the blight. His family was sold into slavery, and though the Hero of Ferelden managed to rescue him it was too late for his parents. HoF brought him along for awhile til they met a Dalish clan, rather than bring him to a circle. (possibly cause we know what went down in the circle there) He was transferred to another clan during arthlaven maybe, and is now a wandering mage formerly of the Lavellan clan, and without a vallaslin. He works to effect positive change for the people. He's ambitious, proud, a good liar, and eager to help those who need it. Even though he is young he is well connected courtesy of knowing HoF and Leliana. What happens to the elves at the Halamshiral put a serious strain on his relationship with Leliana. He'll be in his early 20s by DAI.​
Honestly the only thing that will stay the same about him is his personality, and being rescued by HoF and given to the Dalish. Lots of other details can change as needed as they aren't the things about him I'm attached to lol.​

Last edited:
I am still looking for an RP partner for Dragon Age fandom! <3
goat-gif.847705

Heey! Super new here, been lurking RPNation for about a week wondering if it's something I could get into and stumbling upon your thread has finally convinced me to create an account :)

I love Dragon Age! I can't say I'm a lore buff or anything but I'm getting more into it the longer I play. Only really played Inquisition but I have Origins and 2 shelved and waiting to have more spare time so I can invest in them more fully.

As for RPing itself! I have one OC that, while belonging to an original fantasy world of mine, I use excuses for to put into the DA world! (Until I make proper bios I can elaborate more on him if you're interested) He's usually the Herald/Inquisitor in these writings but could possibly not be - it depends! I'm not picky at all in terms of plot or logistics and basically do as I think would be interesting for the character(s).

So yeah! If you're still interested, feel free to PM me or such and we can talk more from there.

Heey! Super new here, been lurking RPNation for about a week wondering if it's something I could get into and stumbling upon your thread has finally convinced me to create an account :)

I love Dragon Age! I can't say I'm a lore buff or anything but I'm getting more into it the longer I play. Only really played Inquisition but I have Origins and 2 shelved and waiting to have more spare time so I can invest in them more fully.

As for RPing itself! I have one OC that, while belonging to an original fantasy world of mine, I use excuses for to put into the DA world! (Until I make proper bios I can elaborate more on him if you're interested) He's usually the Herald/Inquisitor in these writings but could possibly not be - it depends! I'm not picky at all in terms of plot or logistics and basically do as I think would be interesting for the character(s).

So yeah! If you're still interested, feel free to PM me or such and we can talk more from there.
Hello! I'm glad I managed to bump this thread in time for you see it lol. Dragon Age sadly isn't its own fandom tag. I might seem to know a lot of lore; but really I've only played DA:I in full. I just picked up scrapes all over the place xD

My character summaries above aren't really proper bios either. I'd love to elaborate one of them soon! So will your OC be someone who somehow ended up in Thedas from another world? I'm not picky about where we take this either. Since you seem to be letting me take control here I'd really like to play as my Humans OC from above, Gar is his placeholder name. Did you want to be the Herald of Andraste? Or shove it onto a different character while ours sort of ride along? Either doing their own things with the inquisition or becoming inner circle. I'm still trying to get a feel for Gar's part in our upcoming RP. Because he could totally end up in a position of responsibility by accident. But I don't really want to give him the mark.

Hello! I'm glad I managed to bump this thread in time for you see it lol. Dragon Age sadly isn't its own fandom tag. I might seem to know a lot of lore; but really I've only played DA:I in full. I just picked up scrapes all over the place xD

My character summaries above aren't really proper bios either. I'd love to elaborate one of them soon! So will your OC be someone who somehow ended up in Thedas from another world? I'm not picky about where we take this either. Since you seem to be letting me take control here I'd really like to play as my Humans OC from above, Gar is his placeholder name. Did you want to be the Herald of Andraste? Or shove it onto a different character while ours sort of ride along? Either doing their own things with the inquisition or becoming inner circle. I'm still trying to get a feel for Gar's part in our upcoming RP. Because he could totally end up in a position of responsibility by accident. But I don't really want to give him the mark.
lol Same here with the games. I actually only just started the Trespasser DLC the other day so I haven't even quite completed it fully (Even though I sadly already got spoilers, but what can you expect with a game that's been out for years right?)

But as for your questions: my OC is part of a prehistoric-type tribal society, and I tend to write him into various verses by saying there was some undiscovered isolated tribe in the deserts of Thedas that decided to go on a journey one day and ended up stumbling into the Orlais/Ferelden peoples we know and love :D So basically I stretch the lore to make my OCs technically apart of the world. Or I can go the simple magical portal between worlds route. It depends on how much you value being lore-friendly or not I guess. I know people have different preferences there, though you seem pretty open to it being a multiverse situation!

I wouldn't mind playing as Herald, if you don't have much of a desire to. Given my context above, my OC being at the Conclave... er, realistically probably wouldn't have happened, but if you don't mind bending the rules, hey, why not say it happened somehow?

Hey, pick whichever OC you want! Gar sounds interesting. If you want him ending up as an accidental person of power, maybe along the way he could become sort of a second Inquisitor, or a second-in-command? That way he wouldn't have to have the Mark if you don't want him to, but he could still be pretty influential.

Is there any particular ideas you had in mind for introducing him? Or any particular place you'd want him to start at (say, the very start of Inquisition, or after Haven is set up, or something independent of the game's plot for now?)

The Solas spoiler? Yeah I was so glad as a male inquisitor I couldn't romance him afterall lol. And his speech at high respect he gives you that's basically "Everyone else in your race are TERRIBLE [lists racist assumptions/generalizations why]. But you are pretty rad." made me wanna slap the man too xD

I'm pretty flexible about being lore-friend, at least I see myself as flexible anyway. There are rules governing their world I might cringe to utterly break. But there's a lot of leeway for things that are up to interpretation. Sometimes it's because of who informed the player character of things. So some information we have isn't necessarily FACT but something viewed as fact by an in-game npc. I hope I made sense there xD;;;

I am not good at geography and probably need to get a better map than this saved. So He, what's his name, came somewhere from the west? Doesn't look like a very easy trek. So he didn't get there taking a leisurely stroll. Something going on in his homeland? Personal life there? Saw something in the fade? That annoying old crone Flemeth came along? If my human OC is coming over it's definitely a multiverse thing. A rift could've opened up in your OC's homeland, but it'd still be weird he was at conclave yeah. The one getting the mark doesn't have to be our main OCs necessarily. I'd like to know more about this OC of yours before I spitball more ideas.

Yeah knowing my personality (since he's an indulgent semi-self-insert) he could end up Castellan, Inquisitor, Quartermatster, or something else (eccentric "genius" inventor?). I may not be a people person but I like to help, I'm good at task oriented stuff, and I'm (dare I say it) inquisitive. lol Anyways Gar landed in Thedas's sectoin of the fade because he is a powerful dreamer, and the explosion at conclave uh....-flails arm in The Breach's direction- I already have my opening post for our RP in my mind. Once I had a dream that was kind of comforting and realistic, but I knew it was wrong and fought against it. Dream took a dark turn with a demon fighting desperately to possess me. It didn't work so it tried for my husband laying asleep next to me. That's when I woke up. So Gar will come to Thedas without said husband, and probably with a demon scraping at him as they "fall" though the fade. I already got an idea about what happened to his husband. Which I will share with you later in planning. To finally get to the point his "astral body" ends up near conclave where he fights/runs from hoardes of demons to escape. So he could either fall from another rift, or from the same one as the Herald.

Now for the name Gar...was an inside joke in Dovah'zuul. Garrot Hanu (Thief - Dream) Dark humor is that I am an unplanned child. Thus stole my mother/father's dream had they not made me. One idea I entertained, and scrapped for practical purposes, is Gar falls out of the fade as a dragon (I shapeshift frequently in my dreams). This results in his default form being a dragon, and the difficulties that come from maintaining human shapshifting long-term. Like I said seems too much a hassle from a story telling perspective. Gar in our RP is going to be a lightning/force mage. He's terrible at healing magics but does get the hang of barriers eventually.

I went on several tangents. I'm so sorry about this. It'll get better as we narrow down what we want out of this RP. Please send me more info about your OC! I'll get to work on his character sheet. This will help you as much as me.

Last edited:
I have one new Rp partner. Yay! The 1st post has been updated.
Reminder that the OCs listed aren't my only ones!

Hello~

I'm also interested if you have the time! I've been wanting to experiment with a female templar who is beginning to question some of the rigorous training and methodologies that she's learned from the Order. I've played all three games so far, no spoilers here! I'd be interested in seeing what could be cooked up together.

Ooh I would love to make an OC who can help your OC as she goes through such a difficult crisis of faith! It was one of the reasons Lysette in Haven stuck with me. And why I was sad she never is mentioned again after Haven falls (that I know of). I say "make an OC" because I'm not sure what extraordinary circumstances would put her with Athras, or Reth for an extended period of time. What time the RP takes place is also a factor. Because the Breach brought all kinds of people together lol

I guess I would also be playing a mage though I don't have to be. Let me know if you have any particular ideas or cravings and I'll help brain storm.

edit: oh wait there's Kirkwall. That's a great time to have a crisis of faith in the Templar Order isn't it? lol Reth is totally there at that time. But again I can make a new one.

I imagine the timing works with almost in any time frame of the games. I could definitely see my OC getting the chance to function outside of the chantry and discovering she has a very on sided view of things whether it’s during the Breach or even before the mage war starts. That kinda tension could be pretty well put in any scenario so I’m very open to ideas!

I’m also not opposed to playing a mage if you wanted to do anything different as well! There’s just so many fun options, haha.

So I'm taking the lead then?
If that is the case I think she might pair well with Reth as he is newly Tal-vashoth and could relate on some level with her struggle. I'm trying to think of the time frame we want to do this....
Maybe just after the explosion Anders sets off in the Chantry building, and meredith has turned to red lyrium. Lots of Templars were quite lost after that I'd say. They could meet randomly as she is leaving Kirkwall to go somewhere. Maybe bandit situation or something.

I'm for sure interested, and I've done lots of Dragon Age RPs over the years! I'll get back to you soon to see if our styles and themes match.

(And I'll reply here to gain a few messages to get rid of the spam filter in PMs and bump your post, lmao.)

Alrighty well if you have any direct questions I'm here to answer them lol

Thanks for the bump highly sus lurker :P

Wondering if you are still looking for rp partners?

It's a miracle I saw this only a few hours after you posted. I was checking my email to see if a AO3 story updated lol.
Not at this time due to my mental health being in the gutter after working two jobs. I'm barely functioning for the bare necessities :'(

When I'm back on my own two feet again may I message you?

That is understandable. I hope things get better for you. I've been there. You are free to message me when you feel ready :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back