Other Anyone have any spooky/creepy stories they'd like to share?

Cinder_Rabbit

"Seek Strength. The rest will follow."
78194.png

It's late at night I can't sleep the dogs can't sleep, I checked the forum and didn't see one of these so here we are !! Have you guys got some weird, scary tales to tell ? :ghostv:

I'm working on a novel right now, set in the near future when smartphone technology reaches a point where even the poorest people on earth could own it, especially with charity alliances ensuring that every single person on earth has a phone.

An unknown, but much-hyped app was released at midnight, and people began downloading and using it. By morning, two billion people became fixated on their phones, unable to take their eyes nor their hands away from it - not for work, not for food, not even to drive or look after themselves.

And it gets worst from there, as the people began changing...

What do you think?

Mmh, how about... my apartment used to be haunted? These are true, but I'm really bad at making them sound scary.

1.) For a while, at night, I would hear a young girl crying. I have a two room apartment, and whenever I was in the living room it sounded as though the crying was coming from the bedroom and vice versa. There are no young children living in this house.

2.) A couple of times I have woken up with scratches and burns that hadn't been there when I went to sleep. The worst one was a second degree burn on my hand that I woke up with from a nap. I hadn't slept anywhere near a source of heat that could have caused this.

3.) I used to sleep with my bedroom door closed and locked. For some context, to get to my front door you have to climb a set of metal stairs and the door opens pretty loudly, so when all is quiet it is impossible to enter without me hearing you.
So one night I woke up and lay awake for a while. You know, how you sometimes do seemingly without any reason. Suddenly there was a loud crash at my bedroom door, as if someone was trying to break in. Just one, but it was extremely violent. Naturally, I was terrified. I think I managed to fall asleep again at some point. The next day I investigated and there weren't any signs of anyone having been there and none of my family (who live in this same house) had been in my apartment that night, either.

I 'cleaned' my apartment with sage and nothing has happened since then. These are probably more weird than scary, but I hope you enjoy them. (-: Good night!

I'm working on a novel right now, set in the near future when smartphone technology reaches a point where even the poorest people on earth could own it, especially with charity alliances ensuring that every single person on earth has a phone.

An unknown, but much-hyped app was released at midnight, and people began downloading and using it. By morning, two billion people became fixated on their phones, unable to take their eyes nor their hands away from it - not for work, not for food, not even to drive or look after themselves.

And it gets worst from there, as the people began changing...

What do you think?

Sounds pretty interesting dude :) Would like to hear more!

Mmh, how about... my apartment used to be haunted? These are true, but I'm really bad at making them sound scary.

1.) For a while, at night, I would hear a young girl crying. I have a two room apartment, and whenever I was in the living room it sounded as though the crying was coming from the bedroom and vice versa. There are no young children living in this house.

2.) A couple of times I have woken up with scratches and burns that hadn't been there when I went to sleep. The worst one was a second degree burn on my hand that I woke up with from a nap. I hadn't slept anywhere near a source of heat that could have caused this.

3.) I used to sleep with my bedroom door closed and locked. For some context, to get to my front door you have to climb a set of metal stairs and the door opens pretty loudly, so when all is quiet it is impossible to enter without me hearing you.
So one night I woke up and lay awake for a while. You know, how you sometimes do seemingly without any reason. Suddenly there was a loud crash at my bedroom door, as if someone was trying to break in. Just one, but it was extremely violent. Naturally, I was terrified. I think I managed to fall asleep again at some point. The next day I investigated and there weren't any signs of anyone having been there and none of my family (who live in this same house) had been in my apartment that night, either.

I 'cleaned' my apartment with sage and nothing has happened since then. These are probably more weird than scary, but I hope you enjoy them. (-: Good night!

All sounds pretty creepy to me dude. Cant imagine waking up with burns that cant be explained though thats abit unsettling, has all this happened in the same apartment?

Here are some real life spoopies for those who can't sleep. Science has found that the best cure to insomnia is to scare the living shit out of your brain. And by science, I mean myself. My qualifications include a staggering 1.5 hours of sleep over the past 30+ hours. Can't get any better than that.

Note: I stole most of these off Reddit, so you can always just go there if you need more.

The Case of Michael De Bourcier
A thirty-something man dies, only for his friends and colleagues to find out that he had paid for his own funeral the following week. As it turns out, all his credentials are false. Fake name, fake university degree, fake everything. Not exactly creepy as much as it is intriguing and weird. Read more.

The Death of Elisa Lam
A university student is found dead and naked inside a water tank on the rooftop of a hotel. Did someone put her there? Maybe. But forensics failed to find any evidence of struggle or trauma. Did she put herself there? Maybe, but how? Access to the rooftop is restricted to authorised personnel. The water tanks themselves are pretty high up, and access often required using a ladder that wasn't always there. The lids are also pretty heavy, and it would have been tricky to close it from inside the tank. To top it off, there's a footage of her behaving erratically around the hotel lift. She would go in, go out, make strange gestures -- pretty much all the things you need to fuel a conspiracy theory. Read more.

This happened at the Cecil Hotel in LA. Name sound familiar? It's gotten a reputation over the years as a popular venue for murder and suicide. The serial killer Richard Ramirez allegedly used to hang out there.

The False Persian Princess
Almost two decades ago, a mummified corpse is uncovered in Pakistan. The mummification technique screams Ancient Egypt, complete with all the cuneiform inscriptions and golden decor, and none of the organs. The mummy receives huge exposure, as the corpse is believed to be the daughter of Xerxes the Great. Yes, that Xerxes from 300. You know, the one with the fierce eyebrows and the golden thong? Did you know he's actually also Karl, the cute glasses guy, in Love Actually? Ah, but I digress.

The alleged daughter of Xerxes/Karl turned out to be a fraud. Upon closer inspection, nothing holds up. The organs are all gone, whereas the ancient Egyptians often left the heart intact. The inscriptions are in the wrong language. The coffin is only over 200 years old. The corpse is presumed to belong to a twenty-something woman who had died only five years ago. Cause of death? Blunt trauma to the lower back / pelvic regions. Is it really just fraud? Or a cover-up for something more sinister?

Personally, I'm inclined to believe it's hardcore RP gone wrong, but that's just me. Read more.

The Imposter
A 13-year-old American boy disappears in 1994. Three years later, the boy's family receives a call. The boy has been found all the way in Spain. Great. Finally, a happy ending, right? Right, guys?

As it is with love and happiness (and Persian princesses, apparently), it's all a fraud. The boy is actually a wanted conman who has pulled this shit multiple times before. But okay, fine, the family doesn't care. They're just glad their son is back, even if his blond hair's turned dark, and his blue eyes have turned brown. Even if he has developed a French accent out of nowhere. It's obvious to anyone with at least one working brain cell that they are not the same individuals. Still, the family would have none of it. Even a DNA test is out of the question.

Somewhere along the way, the conman puts his ego aside and admits to himself that he can't actually be that good, can he? There's something off. He ups the publicity angle until the FBI gets tired of his shit and actually investigates. It's off to prison for him. Now that the ruse is up, the conman states that the family is fucked up and they're hiding something. He claims that the sister even coached him on what to say or what to do, like showing him pictures and telling him stories about them, so identification can be confirmed.

Meanwhile, investigation into the American boy's disappearance reopens. Shortly after, the boy's half-brother, a suspect in the disappearance, dies of an overdose.

Got this all from a wonderful documentary, under the same name, on Netflix. It heavily features the conman himself, who I'm still convinced deserves his own edgy HBO miniseries. Half-watched for the case, half-watched for the character.

If you don't have Netflix, here's a read.

3,096 Days in Captivity
A 10-year-old girl is abducted, and forced to live in a tiny room for almost eight years. I can't put the abuse she's suffered through in a single word. What the fuck might suffice, or perhaps what the fucking fuck, but it still feels inadequate. Better just read about it.

There's also a movieabout it, which is how I became familiar with the case in the first place. It's decent enough, but when you've got non-British/Irish Europeans speaking English for the entirety of the film, it sounds a little jarring. Otherwise, the acting is great, though. I watched the movie as I am a fairly big fan of the lead actor, who plays the kidnapper, and I finished the movie unable to look at him the same way. Always a good sign, I think.

I used to work for a well known company in the area that was part mechanics part recovery firm. We had everything from roadside breakdowns to fatal crashes to vehicles involved in serious crimes. Because of this the yard was only accessible to people who worked there due to the nature of the cars (Fatal crashes means mess in cars and sharp metal, glass etc) We all had to wear high visibility uniforms as standard so we knew where each other was just by looking around.

I used to deal with peoples property in the vehicles, when someone had passed away and the family wanted their belongings it was my job to clean all of the car out catalogue it take pictures of the belongings so on and so forth. Few times I'd be walking down the yard either looking for a certain car or spare part I might be able to salvage and I'd see someone sat in a car that cant possibly be there, locked gate, no one told me anyone was coming in and no high vis vest. Plus some of the cars, cant, be sat in.

As quick as I saw them then they were gone.

Funnily enough I worked with my step dad, we've worked together quite alot on cars and I help him with some of the bigger jobs that takes more then one person even when we were working different jobs, on the off chance one night he saw I looked abit pale and he asked if I was ok. I just said don't think I'm going nuts or anything but I'm sure I keep seeing people sat in cars or stood around the yard.

He just bolted his head around at me like I just said something completely abnormal which is what I expected and replied with, "What you see them too?"

TLDR: People standing and sitting where they can't possibly be people.

Here are some real life spoopies for those who can't sleep. Science has found that the best cure to insomnia is to scare the living shit out of your brain. And by science, I mean myself. My qualifications include a staggering 1.5 hours of sleep over the past 30+ hours. Can't get any better than that.

Note: I stole most of these off Reddit, so you can always just go there if you need more.

The Case of Michael De Bourcier
A thirty-something man dies, only for his friends and colleagues to find out that he had paid for his own funeral the following week. As it turns out, all his credentials are false. Fake name, fake university degree, fake everything. Not exactly creepy as much as it is intriguing and weird. Read more.

The Death of Elisa Lam
A university student is found dead and naked inside a water tank on the rooftop of a hotel. Did someone put her there? Maybe. But forensics failed to find any evidence of struggle or trauma. Did she put herself there? Maybe, but how? Access to the rooftop is restricted to authorised personnel. The water tanks themselves are pretty high up, and access often required using a ladder that wasn't always there. The lids are also pretty heavy, and it would have been tricky to close it from inside the tank. To top it off, there's a footage of her behaving erratically around the hotel lift. She would go in, go out, make strange gestures -- pretty much all the things you need to fuel a conspiracy theory. Read more.

This happened at the Cecil Hotel in LA. Name sound familiar? It's gotten a reputation over the years as a popular venue for murder and suicide. The serial killer Richard Ramirez allegedly used to hang out there.

The False Persian Princess
Almost two decades ago, a mummified corpse is uncovered in Pakistan. The mummification technique screams Ancient Egypt, complete with all the cuneiform inscriptions and golden decor, and none of the organs. The mummy receives huge exposure, as the corpse is believed to be the daughter of Xerxes the Great. Yes, that Xerxes from 300. You know, the one with the fierce eyebrows and the golden thong? Did you know he's actually also Karl, the cute glasses guy, in Love Actually? Ah, but I digress.

The alleged daughter of Xerxes/Karl turned out to be a fraud. Upon closer inspection, nothing holds up. The organs are all gone, whereas the ancient Egyptians often left the heart intact. The inscriptions are in the wrong language. The coffin is only over 200 years old. The corpse is presumed to belong to a twenty-something woman who had died only five years ago. Cause of death? Blunt trauma to the lower back / pelvic regions. Is it really just fraud? Or a cover-up for something more sinister?

Personally, I'm inclined to believe it's hardcore RP gone wrong, but that's just me. Read more.

The Imposter
A 13-year-old American boy disappears in 1994. Three years later, the boy's family receives a call. The boy has been found all the way in Spain. Great. Finally, a happy ending, right? Right, guys?

As it is with love and happiness (and Persian princesses, apparently), it's all a fraud. The boy is actually a wanted conman who has pulled this shit multiple times before. But okay, fine, the family doesn't care. They're just glad their son is back, even if his blond hair's turned dark, and his blue eyes have turned brown. Even if he has developed a French accent out of nowhere. It's obvious to anyone with at least one working brain cell that they are not the same individuals. Still, the family would have none of it. Even a DNA test is out of the question.

Somewhere along the way, the conman puts his ego aside and admits to himself that he can't actually be that good, can he? There's something off. He ups the publicity angle until the FBI gets tired of his shit and actually investigates. It's off to prison for him. Now that the ruse is up, the conman states that the family is fucked up and they're hiding something. He claims that the sister even coached him on what to say or what to do, like showing him pictures and telling him stories about them, so identification can be confirmed.

Meanwhile, investigation into the American boy's disappearance reopens. Shortly after, the boy's half-brother, a suspect in the disappearance, dies of an overdose.

Got this all from a wonderful documentary, under the same name, on Netflix. It heavily features the conman himself, who I'm still convinced deserves his own edgy HBO miniseries. Half-watched for the case, half-watched for the character.

If you don't have Netflix, here's a read.

3,096 Days in Captivity
A 10-year-old girl is abducted, and forced to live in a tiny room for almost eight years. I can't put the abuse she's suffered through in a single word. What the fuck might suffice, or perhaps what the fucking fuck, but it still feels inadequate. Better just read about it.

There's also a movieabout it, which is how I became familiar with the case in the first place. It's decent enough, but when you've got non-British/Irish Europeans speaking English for the entirety of the film, it sounds a little jarring. Otherwise, the acting is great, though. I watched the movie as I am a fairly big fan of the lead actor, who plays the kidnapper, and I finished the movie unable to look at him the same way. Always a good sign, I think.

The Elisa Lam case even became a movie.

I saw some dumb theory recently that she was playing some "Elevator game" which was the apparent cause for the whole disappearance which was just totally daft. The most disgusting part about that story is that people were drinking the water she had been floating in rotting away, that's how they found her.

The Elisa Lam case even became a movie.

I saw some dumb theory recently that she was playing some "Elevator game" which was the apparent cause for the whole disappearance which was just totally daft. The most disgusting part about that story is that people were drinking the water she had been floating in rotting away, that's how they found her.

The elevator thing was most likely a psychotic episode, as she was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. Of course, the condition has many, wildly different, subtypes and we don't know which one she had, so it's always just going to be pure speculation.

They actually made a film about it? Must have been really stretched out. I mean, the case is very intriguing but it is what it is. The blanks are what make it so appealing. Can't imagine a full-length film with just... blanks. The cynic in me thinks assholes trying to cash in on it. Then again, I enjoy looking up stuff like that -- from articles to documentaries to feature films -- so I'm part of the problem and completely being hypocritical here. And euggh, yep. The smell and the taste must have been horrendous. It's not just corpse tea. It's rotting corpse tea. Part of me feels bad for the hotel, too. It just has the shittiest luck when it comes to publicity. Last I checked, they changed their name to something else.

I used to work for a well known company in the area that was part mechanics part recovery firm. We had everything from roadside breakdowns to fatal crashes to vehicles involved in serious crimes. Because of this the yard was only accessible to people who worked there due to the nature of the cars (Fatal crashes means mess in cars and sharp metal, glass etc) We all had to wear high visibility uniforms as standard so we knew where each other was just by looking around.

I used to deal with peoples property in the vehicles, when someone had passed away and the family wanted their belongings it was my job to clean all of the car out catalogue it take pictures of the belongings so on and so forth. Few times I'd be walking down the yard either looking for a certain car or spare part I might be able to salvage and I'd see someone sat in a car that cant possibly be there, locked gate, no one told me anyone was coming in and no high vis vest. Plus some of the cars, cant, be sat in.

As quick as I saw them then they were gone.

Funnily enough I worked with my step dad, we've worked together quite alot on cars and I help him with some of the bigger jobs that takes more then one person even when we were working different jobs, on the off chance one night he saw I looked abit pale and he asked if I was ok. I just said don't think I'm going nuts or anything but I'm sure I keep seeing people sat in cars or stood around the yard.

He just bolted his head around at me like I just said something completely abnormal which is what I expected and replied with, "What you see them too?"

TLDR: People standing and sitting where they can't possibly be people.

I'll be real here. I am made of 100% Genuine Chicken Meat, and would probably last about 24 hours working less. Maybe less.

Well, it depends, really. On the other hand, it sounds like it could make for interesting stories, having to recover passengers' belongings, like getting a glimpse into strangers' lives. Got any other stories from your time there?

And now for our next intermission
Speaking of impossible strangers, I have a similar story.

Older sister comes home late one night, just an hour past midnight. Onto the nightly routine. Shower. Wash your face. Brush your teeth. The bathroom is adjacent to her bedroom, and the door between is left ajar. From where she's standing, she;s got a pretty good view of the bedroom window.

That night, out of the corner of her eye, she catches the silhouette of an old lady outside her window. The figure is skinny, has long grey hair. She's wearing one of those floral-pattern, cotton dresses old ladies like to wear.

It can't have been a trick of the light, can it? Nothing else in her visual field bears similar colours or shapes. And there can't actually have been someone out there, because my sister's bedroom is on the second floor. The window has to be at least 12 feet above the ground.

Sister completely wimps out, starts running outside and screaming bloody murder. It wakes everyone up. Everyone hates her for it because goddammit, it's almost 2 in the morning and we're all busy pretending to be asleep. She's in her early 20's at that point, a grown woman in her own right, but that night she legit ends up sleeping in my parents' bedroom lol.

Next day, we find out that a family friend's passed away. It's kind of a surprise. We hadn't heard from her or family in a while, which wasn't completely unusual, as they had moved cities away.

Family friend fits my sister's description of the old lady down to a T. She used to be my sister's nanny growing up. They were really close, to the point where the family friend had one of her granddaughters named after my sister. She died close to 2AM.

I've always prided myself as one of those sceptical, pretentious scientist types, but man, I still can't explain what happened there.

The elevator thing was most likely a psychotic episode, as she was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. Of course, the condition has many, wildly different, subtypes and we don't know which one she had, so it's always just going to be pure speculation.

They actually made a film about it? Must have been really stretched out. I mean, the case is very intriguing but it is what it is. The blanks are what make it so appealing. Can't imagine a full-length film with just... blanks. The cynic in me thinks assholes trying to cash in on it. Then again, I enjoy looking up stuff like that -- from articles to documentaries to feature films -- so I'm part of the problem and completely being hypocritical here. And euggh, yep. The smell and the taste must have been horrendous. It's not just corpse tea. It's rotting corpse tea. Part of me feels bad for the hotel, too. It just has the shittiest luck when it comes to publicity. Last I checked, they changed their name to something else.

I'll be real here. I am made of 100% Genuine Chicken Meat, and would probably last about 24 hours working less. Maybe less.

Well, it depends, really. On the other hand, it sounds like it could make for interesting stories, having to recover passengers' belongings, like getting a glimpse into strangers' lives. Got any other stories from your time there?

And now for our next intermission
Speaking of impossible strangers, I have a similar story.

Older sister comes home late one night, just an hour past midnight. Onto the nightly routine. Shower. Wash your face. Brush your teeth. The bathroom is adjacent to her bedroom, and the door between is left ajar. From where she's standing, she;s got a pretty good view of the bedroom window.

That night, out of the corner of her eye, she catches the silhouette of an old lady outside her window. The figure is skinny, has long grey hair. She's wearing one of those floral-pattern, cotton dresses old ladies like to wear.

It can't have been a trick of the light, can it? Nothing else in her visual field bears similar colours or shapes. And there can't actually have been someone out there, because my sister's bedroom is on the second floor. The window has to be at least 12 feet above the ground.

Sister completely wimps out, starts running outside and screaming bloody murder. It wakes everyone up. Everyone hates her for it because goddammit, it's almost 2 in the morning and we're all busy pretending to be asleep. She's in her early 20's at that point, a grown woman in her own right, but that night she legit ends up sleeping in my parents' bedroom lol.

Next day, we find out that a family friend's passed away. It's kind of a surprise. We hadn't heard from her or family in a while, which wasn't completely unusual, as they had moved cities away.

Family friend fits my sister's description of the old lady down to a T. She used to be my sister's nanny growing up. They were really close, to the point where the family friend had one of her granddaughters named after my sister. She died close to 2AM.

I've always prided myself as one of those sceptical, pretentious scientist types, but man, I still can't explain what happened there.

Have a few different stories from there, It opened my eyes actually just how serious some crashes actually are and how they can be avoided, the majority of the fatals we had were caused by the silliest of reasons (Speeding and being on the phone being common ones).

The cars were interesting for sure, its shocking to see how they turn into a tangled mass of metal after hitting trees. There's been numerous ones there, some I was kept away from because they were just too bad and with me already having PTSD probly for the best.

I managed fine though throughout only thing that hit me was over Christmas time when a guy had hit a tree and basically the engine of the car was in the boot/trunk so you can imagine what happened there. The car came to us upside down, and the police needed to come back and check the interior because they have to check if the airbag went off and the seat belts and things, whilst I was getting the car back onto its one wheel, I saw what must of been his daughters shoes in the back.

There's been quite a few photos of scenes which had strange things in too. Which stumped even the police.

When i was about fifteen i swear to fucking god i saw my mother's head do a full 360, like an owl. Creepy shit.

But then again i was most likely high and having a bad trip. Still, scary.

When i was about fifteen i swear to fucking god i saw my mother's head do a full 360, like an owl. Creepy shit.

But then again i was most likely high and having a bad trip. Still, scary.
Sounds it to be honest XD Though It was a mum and they have poiwers...

I have a story about how my nephew used to have sixth sense and communicated with dead Jewish children at a nazi camp

This is a thread subject I love to read about. I have some odd stories, ones that I now discredit (perhaps because I just don’t want to believe them to be true, not really sure). I don’t have too many scary things that have happened to me. There are some things though that I just can’t explain fully.

This is a thread subject I love to read about. I have some odd stories, ones that I now discredit (perhaps because I just don’t want to believe them to be true, not really sure). I don’t have too many scary things that have happened to me. There are some things though that I just can’t explain fully.
Would you be up to sharing some of them? :)

I have a few just floating around I’ll need to think of, but off the top of my head I can think of two. I’ll start with the more boring of the three.

(1.) Where I used to live was surrounded by a good amount of fields. Growing up, my friends and I often went all around those fields. They were owned by my friend’s second cousins, who own a large farm. Anyway, one day, years ago, my friends and I were out in the fields, exploring around, walking with .177 caliber Air guns (we weren’t allowed to use .22LR rifles or anything yet). If you’re wondering why we had air guns, it was because we liked to hunt in the fields. Often, we’d go after groundhogs and rabbits. Really, it was small game hunting to get rid of some of the pests that ate crops or ruined the fields for the farmer.

Anyway, one day we were out walking back from the farthest field. It was well into dusk at this point. At the time, we were young. I was probably in 6th and 7th grade at this point. During this time, people didn’t really go into the fields (people besides my friends or farm workers), though they did when we got older. But what was odd was that as we were walking back, out of nowhere, this guy, about 6’7, I’d say, just came out of the bushes it seems, and just started walking somewhat parallel to us, about two yards away. He completely ignored us, and just walked parallel to us, before then veering to a trail used by tractors.

It was really odd, because as I said, not many people went back there at that time. Why some guy was there, at dusk, suddenly walking alongside kids, and ignoring them, is just... odd. It’s utterly odd. I have no idea why he was there, who he was or anything like that. But some giant guy walking alongside kids about two yards out in the middle of a field in at dusk?

I don’t know. Kind of freaky. But, people started to walk back there more. I’d seen a bicycle gang of like 8 people go back there once. That and some lady always walked her dog back there, which was dumb being that people hunted there (yes during hunting season she did). But yeah, I don’t know. It was just some freaky shit for young kids.

(2.) So this was the story of what seemed like a potential kidnapping of myself and some friends back when we were around the age of the first event.

One day, the same friends and I in the first event, were walking down a street to get to a river bottom we used to go to, adjacent to other fields of the farmer. We liked to go there to muck around in a river. It was all kid fun, the sort you would see in a country show (yeah, we are pretty country if you can’t tell lol).

But as we were walking down the street, this white van, I shit you not, comes down the road and stops next to us. I don’t remember what the man looked like inside, but I remember the guy asked us what we were doing out there alone. My friend, we’ll just call him Mik, responded by telling him we were going to a river. The guy then asked if we wanted a ride. Mik immediately said no, as the walk, at least to the field, was maybe another 100-200 feet. But the guy kept on asking, trying to get us to get in the van. But we declined, and he just gave up and sped off. That was something we didn’t think much of at the time, and even now I think we all sort of forget it. (This actually came to me as I was writing the first story.) But I mean, it was stereotypical kidnapper event there. Lord knows what would’ve happened if we got inside the van.

I mean, seriously though. He had a white van, he was middle aged, and he had this weird voice. I know stereotypes have some root in truth, often exaggerating it. But I mean, what the hell?! He was literally a staple child kidnapper!

(3.) Okay, so this is the interesting story here. This one is paranormal. But honestly, I’ve come to find explanations to it now that I feel make sense. But there is just something I seriously can’t explain. I am in no way a believer of ghosts now, or anything paranormal, mind you. So my current conclusions could be of that bias. But, alas, here goes the story.

This story takes place when I was young, perhaps prior to 1st or 2nd grade. I don’t quite remember when it was. I was young, and that’s all I know. So, back then, I used to sleep in my mom’s room in her bed. (My dad slept in a different room for somewhat understandable sleep related issues with my mom and how he sleeps, and one rather hilarious one, but I won’t say why.) During this time in that room, I recall many, and I mean many, times waking up at night to see these three, very dark and very distinctive black silhouettes of three men, dressed in what outlined to be trench coat and a fedora. The Black was so dark that it drowned out any light from anything. They were solid and black. And they stood over my side of the bed, staring at me with these red eyes. This happened so often.

However, the most frightening thing was when they spoke. They knew my name, I don’t know how. But sometimes I’d hear them right next to me on the side of the bed, or outside the house on the lawn, or so it seemed. But they spoke my name, mockingly. I just remember it being like this.

“Dylan? *short laugh* Dyyyyyyyylan! *another laugh, slightly longer, now mockingly, as well as tone* Dylan? Oh Dylan! *mocking laugh*”

I remember only one voice, but I can still hear it to this day. It wasn’t something that seemed unearthly. Quite the contrary. It was a very natural sounding male voice. Not too low, not too high pitched. It was in the middle. It was clear, like someone having a conversation with you at a coffee shop clear. But it pierced the silent air and made its presence known.

I was utterly terrified (as you could imagine a very young child being). It actually made me start sleeping a very specific way that took me until I was about 14 or 15 to stop doing. From that point on, I had to have a pillow on the edge of the bed, so I couldn’t get too close to the edge, or them. Furthermore, I refused to sleep unless I had a cover fully over my head. For at least 10 years, I had to sleep that way. They scared me that much it impacted my life that way for so long.

Now, at the time, I had been telling my mom about it. And she brushed it off at first. But after awhile, she saw and heard them. She says she started telling them to leave me alone numerous times, sometimes somewhat furious at them. They never spoke back. They just hovered and stared at me, according to her. But, she claims that after she put up a blessed cross that they went away. All I know is that they stopped one day and I never saw them again.

Years, and years, and years later, my mom was watching something about “shadow people.” I happened to be around when she was watching it. I think I was 15 or 16 at the time. And upon seeing this documentary movie sort of thing, and finding out about them, that was exactly what I had seen. Apparently they’re a big paranormal thing that people claim to see and encounter.

Now you’re probably wondering why I don’t believe what I saw now. Well, it’s simply was this. I was a kid. It early in the morning (like 2 or 3 am), and a child’s mind imagines things. We all know that. So I discredit it as being that. Furthermore, you’re asking them “what about your mom?” Well, it’s a studied psychological phenomenon that when an individual learns a place is “haunted,” they’re more likely to “see” a ghost or paranormal entity. I fell that explains that.

But there are two things against that. They seemed so damn real, and the memories, specifically the voice, was so vivid. I remember it so well to this day. I hear it like I did then. It makes me question whether it was real. That, and how it was exactly like “shadow people,” which are seen by many. It just makes me wonder if they were real.

But yeah, those are my stories for now. If I remember more, I’ll write them. But that’s it for now ??

Oh man, I feel like my life is a spooky story. One in particular I can think of is when I was younger, maybe 11 years old, and I had a few friends over. We were goofing off, just being kids, and I joked that my basement was haunted. We all went down there and shouted at whatever entity we believed to be down there, and then it became really cold. It was odd because it was the middle of summer but at the time I thought nothing of it. Then, it’s as if we all got the same awful feeling and quieted down. The group of us all silently agreed to go back upstairs, and once we reached the living room we collectively sat down on the couch. Now, I had left the basement door open which was a mistake to begin with. There was no air movement in the house, no one else was home, and suddenly the door slammed shut. Safe to say we all screamed and ran out of the house.

I have some. Some I experienced myself others were narrated to me by friends and relatives.

1.) One night, I was tasked to buy some Coca-Cola by my dad. It was already 10 in the evening and by then, a lot of the nearest stores and houses were closed. Barely anyone was on the streets at that time. I had to walk like, a block away from the house just to get a bottle. On my way back from the store, I had to pass this unnaturally dark bungalow down the street. As I approached the house, I suddenly heard wailing. It was a man's voice and he was wailing loudly. Of course, I can't see anything since it was so dark and I was walking but I was able to make out some of his words. Gist is that he seems to be upset about his wife leaving him and taking the kids along. I didn't mind it but just as I passed the gate, the man suddenly yelled "HEY! WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?! WANT ME TO COME FOR YOU?!" in a very threatening tone accented by loud approaching footsteps. I ran immediately.

It wasn't a ghost or anything. Apparently it was a man who was a bit high during that time hence the heightened aggression. Still scary when I stop to think of what might've happened if he caught up.

2.) This story was narrated to me by my father. We were supposed to move out of our current apartment two years ago. Management was changing and the rent was about to rise so my parents had been looking for other reasonable places to live in. They stumbled upon one just near our old apartment and from outside, it seemed like a nice place with some flowers and a small garage out in the patio. What my father saw inside however, was what made him decide against it.

The vacant room they could've gotten was located near the far left side on the second floor if you look at it from outside. It used to have a view of the street below when you go out the door but a house had been built in front of it so the view was blocked, making the whole place seemed darker than it probably should've been. As they were touring the room, my father described the atmosphere as a bit "stuffy". Like you feel really heavy inside. It was a nice place. One big living room, one bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. As they passed by the door of the room, my father claims to have seen a woman hanging by a noose from the room's ceiling. The apparition lasted for only a split second like, he just passed it but when he looked back, she was gone.

According to him, the figure did not look like the typical "TV ghosts" shown in movies. She wasn't dressed in all white; instead, she was dressed in simple jeans and a shirt. (I think the shirt was orange) The ghost's complexion also wasn't pale or anything. A bit normal for someone who's only been dead for say, five minutes. My dad describes it more like stumbling upon a crime or accident scene.

We didn't move in that apartment because of that but I still sometimes pass that house and wonder if that apparition is still there.

3.) During our 4th year retreat in college (our program's a block section so it's much similar to a high school than it is a college) at Batangas, some of our friends managed to encounter something weird. The format of the retreat house was kind of weird in that it was on a rugged slope with different concrete cabins and function rooms. You're constantly moving around steep steps and stairs to get to and from the different cabins.

It was the second night and me and my roommates were already unwinding in our room by watching short horror movies. A friend managed to sneak in a laptop while I brought the clips. Some guys knocked on our door asking us if we want to go ghost-hunting with them. Turned them down since we have our movies already and we're all tired from the day's activities. They fooled around for a bit though. One guy pretended to leave and started making "psst" noises and knocking on our window, pretending not to know anything about it. He wasn't aware that there was another entrance to the room with a windowed partition that allows us to see what he's doing without him realizing it. Eventually, they went on their way.

All the lights are off and almost everyone was asleep so they had to proceed very quietly since another school was having their retreat at the same time. They first proceeded to our function room which had glass doors that leads to a view of the garden. As they passed, they suddenly heard a voice call out to them. "Psst!" It said so they immediately turned to garden and was relieved to find that it was just a guard.

The guard was standing in the middle of the garden. When he got their attention, the guard told them "Please head back to your cabins. The other school is now asleep." Worried that they may be disciplined, the boys made the excuse about looking for the water dispenser and asked the guard about it. To their surprise, the guard merely repeated his sentence. "Please head back to your cabins. The other school is now asleep." This confused them so they repeated the question about the water dispenser again. And again, the guard replied:

"Please head back to your cabins. The other school is now asleep."

This made them uneasy. Fortunately, when they asked for a fourth time, the guard merely pointed to the direction where it was. So the boys just got their water and headed back to their cabins. As they reflected on it, they realized there were some weird elements in that encounter. First off, why was the guard just standing in the middle of the garden, in total darkness without holding even a flashlight. Then there was the repeating orders. Finally, they realized that they were able to clearly make out the guard's features even in total darkness?

That's what convinced them that what they saw was probably a ghost.

I have a few more but I think these will do for now.

About ten years back, myself and my mother were visiting her sister in the North of the country, a few hundred miles from where we lived. My mum had decided to drive rather than take the train and after staying the weekend, we started our return trip. We left on a Monday morning but as the distance to our town was so great we called in with my mother's friend with the intention of spending the night.

It was a really nice house but is literally in the middle of nowhere; at least a mile from the next nearest house and miles again from the nearest town or shop. As we got close to the house a huge summer storm hit; torrential rain, thunder and lightning. It turned out to be quite lucky we had planned to stay overnight as driving conditions had quickly become dangerous.

The house was undergoing massive interior renovation at the time, which meant my Mum and me would be spending the night crashing in the living room as all the spare bedrooms were out of commission. Once the workmen had left for the day we spent most of the evening on the back porch watching the storm before we turned in for the night. I crashed on the couch while Mum took a leather divan-type sofa that was placed directly under the window that faced the driveway.

Late into the night I woke up feeling very uneasy, as if I was being watched. I opened my eyes but didn't move anything other than my head toward where Mum was sleeping. There was a hooded black figure standing at the window over my Mum, with his hands up to the window as if he was trying to see if anyone or anything was in the living room. The driveway had a very powerful light fixed on a pole at the edge of the front yard. My Mum, exhausted from the driving, was completely out for the count despite the window being no more than 18 inches from her face.

The figure continued to slowly scan the room then stopped suddenly as if he had just seen me. (The yard light was positioned so that no light was cast into the house so the room was completely pitch black). By now the severity of the storm had increased and thunder and lightning was striking frequently. As if on cue, a lightning strike hit and seemed to illuminate the inside of the living room. The figure leaves his vantage point and started walking towards the right hand side of the house where there is another window offering a better view of the living room.

Without saying anything I waited until the figure was out of sight and slid off the couch scuttling into the doorway just off the living room and out of the second windows line of sight. I peek from behind the wall and can see the figure at the second window. By this stage I was freaked and unsure what to do. Lightning hit again and the figure snapped his head right to where I was hiding. I remember being almost frozen, feeling his eyes were locked onto me. He left the second window and headed back toward the first. I somehow managed to move, running to the stairway in the corner of the room that led up to the bedroom of Mum's friends. I burst in and shouted that there was a man outside looking in.

Once over the initial surprise of me waking them in such a panic, the husband, a large man in his own right jumped up, summoned his eldest son who was a couple years older than me, found two cricket bats and marched down the stairs. The rest of the family and myself followed warily. My mother, having been woken by the commotion, met us at the bottom of the stairs having just been passed in the hallway by her best friends half-naked husband, toting a cricket bat and marching out into the storm. I explained what happened but could tell my Mother was in equal parts sceptical as she was shocked.

We waited for what seemed like an eternity in the darkness as no one thought, or perhaps dared, to turn on a light. Mum's friend tried to reassure us it was just a late night traveller who had broken down or got lost. Her husband and son returned after a minute or two. The husband went as far to get changed and check the grounds before he hopped in his car and drove the road a couple miles in both directions.

There was nothing. There had been no sound of a car leaving the driveway or any physical evidence of anyone being outside. This did little to reassure me and I was unable to shake the feeling of being watched that had originally woke me.

We managed a fitful night sleep before we gathered our things to set out the next morning. My mother was convinced I had imagined the whole thing and told her friends so by way of apology. This annoyed me at first although I knew it was the most logical explanation for them as no one else had saw the figure. Looking to forget the whole experience I did not argue the matter. As Mum said her goodbyes I went and snapped a picture of the house before returning to find her waiting by the car and ready to go.

I quickly popped my head in the house to say my own goodbyes and apologised for waking them last night. Our car horn sounded and the husband remarked Mum was getting impatient which is not like her. I shrugged it off at first but the car horn kept sounding with two long continuous beeps and a third and final one which was a good bit shorter.

I went to the side of the house to where our car was parked, it hadn't moved and sat with all the doors closed apart from the passenger door on the driver's side which was wide open. It was as I got close to the car that I saw Mum, slumped over the steering wheel.

Frantically I pulled open the door and tried to shake her awake. I found the pulse on her neck which seemed strong but she seemed to be completely unconscious. I pulled her out of the car and shouted for help as I carried her into the house.

I set her on the same couch I slept on the night before and with the help of her friend tried to bring her around from what we assumed was a random fainting spell. Thankfully she revived quite quickly and within the hour was ready to hit the road. Her friends were more than happy to let us stay for the day but she was keen to get home and I was keen not to spend another night there.

My Mother loves big, expensive steel wristwatches and she was wearing her Brietling Chronomat when all this happened. As were leaving she noticed the time on her watch had frozen at what must have been very close to the same time she fell unconscious.

She didn't remember passing out or even getting in the car and said little about it, appearing to be more concerned over her watch stopping. It was only on the way home the question finally occurred to me for the first time; why had the passenger door been open?

Mum:

1518369800799.png

The House in the Morning

1518369844363.png

Last edited:
About ten years back, myself and my mother were visiting her sister in the North of the country, a few hundred miles from where we lived. My mum had decided to drive rather than take the train and after staying the weekend, we started our return trip. We left on a Monday morning but as the distance to our town was so great we called in with my mother's friend with the intention of spending the night.

It was a really nice house but is literally in the middle of nowhere; at least a mile from the next nearest house and miles again from the nearest town or shop. As we got close to the house a huge summer storm hit; torrential rain, thunder and lightning. It turned out to be quite lucky we had planned to stay overnight as driving conditions had quickly become dangerous.

The house was undergoing massive interior renovation at the time, which meant my Mum and me would be spending the night crashing in the living room as all the spare bedrooms were out of commission. Once the workmen had left for the day we spent most of the evening on the back porch watching the storm before we turned in for the night. I crashed on the couch while Mum took a leather divan-type sofa that was placed directly under the window that faced the driveway.

Late into the night I woke up feeling very uneasy, as if I was being watched. I opened my eyes but didn't move anything other than my head toward where Mum was sleeping. There was a hooded black figure standing at the window over my Mum, with his hands up to the window as if he was trying to see if anyone or anything was in the living room. The driveway had a very powerful light fixed on a pole at the edge of the front yard. My Mum, exhausted from the driving, was completely out for the count despite the window being no more than 18 inches from her face.

The figure continued to slowly scan the room then stopped suddenly as if he had just seen me. (The yard light was positioned so that no light was cast into the house so the room was completely pitch black). By now the severity of the storm had increased and thunder and lightning was striking frequently. As if on cue, a lightning strike hit and seemed to illuminate the inside of the living room. The figure leaves his vantage point and started walking towards the right hand side of the house where there is another window offering a better view of the living room.

Without saying anything I waited until the figure was out of sight and slid off the couch scuttling into the doorway just off the living room and out of the second windows line of sight. I peek from behind the wall and can see the figure at the second window. By this stage I was freaked and unsure what to do. Lightning hit again and the figure snapped his head right to where I was hiding. I remember being almost frozen, feeling his eyes were locked onto me. He left the second window and headed back toward the first. I somehow managed to move, running to the stairway in the corner of the room that led up to the bedroom of Mum's friends. I burst in and shouted that there was a man outside looking in.

Once over the initial surprise of me waking them in such a panic, the husband, a large man in his own right jumped up, summoned his eldest son who was a couple years older than me, found two cricket bats and marched down the stairs. The rest of the family and myself followed warily. My mother, having been woken by the commotion, met us at the bottom of the stairs having just been passed in the hallway by her best friends half-naked husband, toting a cricket bat and marching out into the storm. I explained what happened but could tell my Mother was in equal parts sceptical as she was shocked.

We waited for what seemed like an eternity in the darkness as no one thought, or perhaps dared, to turn on a light. Mum's friend tried to reassure us it was just a late night traveller who had broken down or got lost. Her husband and son returned after a minute or two. The husband went as far to get changed and check the grounds before he hopped in his car and drove the road a couple miles in both directions.

There was nothing. There had been no sound of a car leaving the driveway or any physical evidence of anyone being outside. This did little to reassure me and I was unable to shake the feeling of being watched that had originally woke me.

We managed a fitful night sleep before we gathered our things to set out the next morning. My mother was convinced I had imagined the whole thing and told her friends so by way of apology. This annoyed me at first although I knew it was the most logical explanation for them as no one else had saw the figure. Looking to forget the whole experience I did not argue the matter. As Mum said her goodbyes I went and snapped a picture of the house before returning to find her waiting by the car and ready to go.

I quickly popped my head in the house to say my own goodbyes and apologised for waking them last night. Our car horn sounded and the husband remarked Mum was getting impatient which is not like her. I shrugged it off at first but the car horn kept sounding with two long continuous beeps and a third and final one which was a good bit shorter.

I went to the side of the house to where our car was parked, it hadn't moved and sat with all the doors closed apart from the passenger door on the driver's side which was wide open. It was as I got close to the car that I saw Mum, slumped over the steering wheel.

Frantically I pulled open the door and tried to shake her awake. I found the pulse on her neck which seemed strong but she seemed to be completely unconscious. I pulled her out of the car and shouted for help as I carried her into the house.

I set her on the same couch I slept on the night before and with the help of her friend tried to bring her around from what we assumed was a random fainting spell. Thankfully she revived quite quickly and within the hour was ready to hit the road. Her friends were more than happy to let us stay for the day but she was keen to get home and I was keen not to spend another night there.

My Mother loves big, expensive steel wristwatches and she was wearing her Brietling Chronomat when all this happened. As were leaving she noticed the time on her watch had frozen at what must have been very close to the same time she fell unconscious.

She didn't remember passing out or even getting in the car and said little about it, appearing to be more concerned over her watch stopping. It was only on the way home the question finally occurred to me for the first time; why had the passenger door been open?

Mum:

View attachment 399335

The House in the Morning

View attachment 399336
This is pretty damn creepy O.o But she was totally fine I hope? No marks on her no nothing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back