Anime & Manga Anyone else struggle to watch/read the end of a series?

cocoabean

In my case, this is worse for me with manga rather than anime. Since usually with anime I can say "Oh, it's not actually over, I can just read further in the manga." Or "I bet there's more storylines in the game" etc.

But, basically...I hardly ever finish a series because I end up wanting to refuse that it's ended, and I'll just postpone reading the end for years.
There's been times where I've almost seen final chapter spoilers because of this but I guess that's a risk I must take with my total avoiding-the-end strategy...thing :P

Then there's other series that I get into that just go on for way too long that I actually wished the end was in sight...whether I want to read the end or not.
The times where I actually HAVE somehow miraculously finished a series (maybe original anime, or a really short manga) ...I've had to search out fanart/fanfics for a while to try and get over the fact that it's over.

Please tell me I'm not alone with this? XD
Does anyone else put anime/manga finales off?
Or if you don't - how on earth do you move along to the next thing or get over whatever you've been devoted to reading/watching for months??

I definitely do.

I'll watch the first episode of a anime and end up never coming back to it even if I liked it a whole lot. The only way I'm able to avoid doing that is if I watch it with friends or something and even then I sometimes postpone watching the last few episodes for awhile.

I switch easily because hardly anything with a conclusive ending gets animated, well anything worth watching. I'm looking at you, Charlotte. As for manga, same deal. Most manga take so long that my interest usually dies before reaching the ending. But when I see the ending of something like naruto or nisekoi, it's a feeling of closure in an industry where endings are few and far between. I mean ever since I read highschool of the dead and got cucked by the authors, seeing things end is the utmost importance when it comes to getting invested in a series.

If oda suddenly stopped writing one piece, it would as a fan devastate me. Wondering what could have happened for the rest of my life, rather than getting the closure I desired.

I personally like pretty much anything I can get my hands off, with a few due exceptions. However, I don´t hesitate to finish them.

So, with my stance out of the way, I will try to adress how I do it, albeit this is not something I had really considered before. I think that one big reason why I enjoy a lot of the things that I do and why I can so easily finish them, is because I tend to binge watch pretty much everything that I do watch, except for anime that comes weekly and to which I just use my "stick to the routine" tactic. Pretty much I am too excited or have let things flow in such a way that I just watch the ending.
Rarely does a series I love leave me without a feeling of regret over it ending, though. One way I cope with it is searching for anime with similar themes or OVAs or even a second season. However, most of the time what I have is roleplay and writing. I incorporate the ideas and try to ramify what I liked into new plots or ideas only somewhat connected to the show I watched so as to preserve a certain tone and use the hype of the show to motivate me through those plots or characters.
Another thing I sometimes do is go and read comments and if you have anyone you can chat about a certain anime with, go do it, albeit I don´t really have anyone for most of the anime I watch.

I hope this helped :)

Oh my gosh, same. On so many levels. I do this with anime, manga, books, tv shows. It's a horrible habit to have and I'm trying to get over it, but it's hard. Some things are just so hard to end and I get too attached and don't want it to end and it's really frustrating.

honestly s a m e
it's mostly the case with when i finish an anime and it turns out there's more in the manga or whatever, so i'll tell myself that i'll read the manga later but never end up doing it x-x with some anime if i've already read the manga i sometimes can't be bothered to finish the anime since i already know what happens i guess? @orange rip
other times i just end up spoiling everything for myself so i already know what happens, so i'm like ehhh i'll watch it lateerrrr~ basically, i procrastinate on stuff a lot XD

I tend to have a tough time finishing an anime/manga. I tend to get attached to the characters, so it's sad to see their story end. Sometimes I get to the last episode of an anime and refuse to watch it for like a month. It's a bad habit, especially when it concerns a series with great endings.

I only do thing's like that because I constantly tell myself "No, I can just finish it later" but then I push it off for so long that I forget what happened and have to rewatch or reread everything.

I only have a hard time finishing something if I've lost interest in it. Otherwise, I tell myself that I have to finish one anime if I'm going to move on to the next unless it looks REALLY interesting. Sometimes taking a breather is good, you know? But I'll always go back to it if I like it.

This is kinda silly. The ending is what the entire show is being built to. Embrace it and enjoy it. You're just hampering your own experience.

This is kinda silly. The ending is what the entire show is being built to. Embrace it and enjoy it. You're just hampering your own experience.
So... I shouldn't have stopped at the Ember Island Players in Avatar: The Last Airbender?
But the finale was soooo looooong...

My problem is that when I reach the end of a season of a show, I usually forget to watch the next season or end up forgetting there is a next season.. Or I just don't wanna finish it. I'm currently doing this with Attack On Titan.

While I do have problems finishing anime and manga, I feel as though its a different issue? I end up finding myself very invested, but end up just... Stopping. For no real reason in particular. I still like the anime, I just stop and dont get hack into it until years later. (Happened with Hunter x Hunter, still haven't finished it).

The main issue for me with finishing most manga/webtoons is that I don't have the patience to constantly check for and keep up with updates if it's an ongoing series. This happened to me with one-punch man, gosu, GoH, etc...I totally get where you're coming from with avoiding finishing particular series though xD I remember this happening to me when I was younger with the show "Ojamajo Doremi." When I finally DID finish it I started bawling lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back