Other Anyone else love watching horror-themed YT channels/any horror channel suggestions?

ArchieTheFel

Born to ":3", forced to "Hi, welcome to the store"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm currently binge-watching (or as well as I can since it's YouTube) a bunch of content creators on YouTube whose channels are centered around horror/horror themed content, or even Halloween. People I watch include; Wendigoon, Pastra, Night Mind, Nexpo, SuperHorrorBro, The Pixelated Pumpkin, and any other related channels I happen to stumble upon. I was just curious to see if I was the only one who has found these channels and continues to watch them, or if anyone has any other horror related YouTube channels that are pretty good?

I think I'm going on a horror bender because Halloween is coming up next month, and I'm super hyped. On another note, what are you guys dressing up as for Halloween? I'm getting stuff together to be a Minotaur.

Late to the party but there's a great horror podcast I recommend called the Magnus Archives! Legitimately some of the most fear inducing concepts I've ever seen.

I'd suggest a channel called Wowman, especially if you like analog horror, he covers some pretty popular ones from Harmony and Horror, The Mandela Catalogue to stuff like needle mouse (Also, know this is late but these are still good to check out) YourEverydayTheorist is also a good one for creepy icebergs and are something good to jut listen to while doing something else. Hope these help!

i know its not halloween anymore, but for another analog horror recommendation, i personally think vintage eight has some p good videos. i also recommend Scary Interesting if you like cave exploring/cave diving horror

Well I'm a fan of watching paranormal activities- so I suggest Sam and colby- they're really fun to watch, and both of them basically go to haunted places to check if there's actually something paranormal about them, or not. Most of those places have really creepy stories behind them too.

Well I'm a fan of watching paranormal activities- so I suggest Sam and colby- they're really fun to watch, and both of them basically go to haunted places to check if there's actually something paranormal about them, or not. Most of those places have really creepy stories behind them too.
My youngest sister watches them obsessively. Personally, I can't stand them; they're just a bit too loud and excitable for me. But either way, it's all in good fun, and while I personally don't enjoy watching them, I'm glad you can enjoy them!

Late to the party but there's a great horror podcast I recommend called the Magnus Archives! Legitimately some of the most fear inducing concepts I've ever seen.
Ooh, I've heard of the Magnus Archives! I've tried to start listening to them, but I end up getting distracted. Maybe I'll try and actually stay focused on it at some point lol, it sounds super interesting.

My youngest sister watches them obsessively. Personally, I can't stand them; they're just a bit too loud and excitable for me. But either way, it's all in good fun, and while I personally don't enjoy watching them, I'm glad you can enjoy them!
That's completely understandable. Not everything is somebody else's cup of tea ^~^

Hmm....well- have you watched the slit mouthed woman? Or read about it? She's also referred to as Kuchisake-onna. If I'm correct, it's a Japanese urban legend, or so I heard. I watched the movie, it was great. Well, safe to say that for me personally it wasn't that scary- or perhaps, a better way to explain it would be that, everything had a reason behind it- it was overall very investive and interesting. I did watch it a long time ago, so I don't remember if they actually talked about the legend at all in the movie, but I do recommend reading it as well, it's actually pretty good.

That's completely understandable. Not everything is somebody else's cup of tea ^~^

Hmm....well- have you watched the slit mouthed woman? Or read about it? She's also referred to as Kuchisake-onna. If I'm correct, it's a Japanese urban legend, or so I heard. I watched the movie, it was great. Well, safe to say that for me personally it wasn't that scary- or perhaps, a better way to explain it would be that, everything had a reason behind it- it was overall very investive and interesting. I did watch it a long time ago, so I don't remember if they actually talked about the legend at all in the movie, but I do recommend reading it as well, it's actually pretty good.
Oh I have heard of that one! I find ghost stories/folk-tales from other cultures extremely interesting. My favorite Japanese ghost legend has got to be the toilet ghost who offers you different colored toilet paper. It's strangely hilarious, but also pretty gruesome. When I was younger, after I heard the story for the first time, I was terrified to use public restrooms lol

Oh I have heard of that one! I find ghost stories/folk-tales from other cultures extremely interesting. My favorite Japanese ghost legend has got to be the toilet ghost who offers you different colored toilet paper. It's strangely hilarious, but also pretty gruesome. When I was younger, after I heard the story for the first time, I was terrified to use public restrooms lol
Same! I love ghost stories and folk tales extremely interesting as well. The slit mouthed woman is my favorite Japanese urban legend- but the toilet ghost is awesome too lmao.

I haven't really gotten terrified after watching any horror movies, or reading about any of them, except once-

There's this movie, if I'm correct, called human centipede? The trailer- I watched the trailer for it....and I couldn't sleep for three days. It was a personal horror story lmao because I come from a family of doctors, and scientists....I was half scared that my mom was going to come and do the same to me, and that I would wake up being connected to somebody else- though....the trailer in my opinion, was scarier than the movie lmao. The movie was great- but the trailer was wooohooohooo- it was frightening- for me. Then again I was a kid back then, maybe if I watch it now, it probably won't have the safe effect on me, but still it was pretty scary.

Several!

Aside from watching Wendigoon addictively (I also have his makeshift plushie on my desk), I also like to watch:

HannahTheHorrible (respectively covers true crime, "weird" tales, internet horror, etc), Fortune (tells both fictional and realistic stories from around the internet or history), Let's Read (reads allegedly true horror stories from Reddit), Ryan Hollinger (reviews horror movies), Mr. Nightmare (tells user submitted yet allegedly true horror stories), Maverick Files (horror stories from around the internet, "dark" content from history), Reignbot (very similar content to Nexpo), Barely/Fairly/Slightly Sociable (intrigue stories from the internet and history, some are horror-themed), Cadaber (mystery and horror from the internet or throughout history), That Chapter (recently reported true crime), Fascinating Horror (historical accidents from across the ages), CZsworld (reviews horror movies and states horror movie lore), Atrocity Guide (documentaries of intriguing events across history), Bedtime Stories (Cryptids, mysteries, and the unknown from across the globe/history), ObsoleteOddity (covers strange and horrific events from bygone eras), Vintage Files (true crime, "weird" tales, internet horror, etc), and Criminally Listed (probably the most informative true crime channel that I follow to date).

It's a bit of a text dump, but hopefully there's one here that someone here might like.

i know this is a bit late, but i like watching manlybadasshero for his horror game content. Other reccomendations ahve to be sagan hawkes- i enjoy his analysis throughly. as far as actual horror- the vita carnis series is real good. some of my favorite works to date

i know this is a bit late, but i like watching manlybadasshero for his horror game content. Other reccomendations ahve to be sagan hawkes- i enjoy his analysis throughly. as far as actual horror- the vita carnis series is real good. some of my favorite works to date
Ohh, Manly yes. I got into Witch's Heart because of him.

I don't really dabble too much into horror story except the occasional claustrophobic cave stories, but one of my favorit youtuber is CJUgames, he mostly plays horror games in a very chill ways. No screaming or over the top reactions, and his commentaty is great.

I have a weird relationship with horror, I like writing it, I love scary movies that they don't phase me at all, and I love watching people play scary games on YouTube if there's a good one out. I cannot play a scary game for the life of me. I think it has something to do with it being more immersive because you're playing the game/character?

Will have to checkout manlybadasshero, don't know who that is.

I have a weird relationship with horror, I like writing it, I love scary movies that they don't phase me at all, and I love watching people play scary games on YouTube if there's a good one out. I cannot play a scary game for the life of me. I think it has something to do with it being more immersive because you're playing the game/character?

Will have to checkout manlybadasshero, don't know who that is.
Me too. I played Granny and spent almost all the time under the bed :D
Do check CJUgames too

Several!

Aside from watching Wendigoon addictively (I also have his makeshift plushie on my desk), I also like to watch:

HannahTheHorrible (respectively covers true crime, "weird" tales, internet horror, etc), Fortune (tells both fictional and realistic stories from around the internet or history), Let's Read (reads allegedly true horror stories from Reddit), Ryan Hollinger (reviews horror movies), Mr. Nightmare (tells user submitted yet allegedly true horror stories), Maverick Files (horror stories from around the internet, "dark" content from history), Reignbot (very similar content to Nexpo), Barely/Fairly/Slightly Sociable (intrigue stories from the internet and history, some are horror-themed), Cadaber (mystery and horror from the internet or throughout history), That Chapter (recently reported true crime), Fascinating Horror (historical accidents from across the ages), CZsworld (reviews horror movies and states horror movie lore), Atrocity Guide (documentaries of intriguing events across history), Bedtime Stories (Cryptids, mysteries, and the unknown from across the globe/history), ObsoleteOddity (covers strange and horrific events from bygone eras), Vintage Files (true crime, "weird" tales, internet horror, etc), and Criminally Listed (probably the most informative true crime channel that I follow to date).

It's a bit of a text dump, but hopefully there's one here that someone here might like.
Late to reply, but I'm certainly checking each and every one of these suggestions out! I do love me some good historical horror, as well.

Also, hello fellow Wendigoon enjoyer! I never had the privilege of purchasing the plush, but I'm a huge fan of the guy. His recent video about Hisashi Ouichi was extremely well done; very respectful to the medical staff and Hisashi's family--I'm glad that he challenged the rumor of the medical staff being these cruel people keeping Hisashi alive for the sake of inhumane science experiments. That video is a real tear jerker. I also love that he's doing collaborations and getting attention from more mainstream YouTubers. I loved his collaboration with MeatCanyon!
I could go on for hours about how good of a content creator he is. Absolutely love the guy.

I recommend one of my favorite webseries and pioneer of ARG elements within horror, Marble Hornets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back