Looking for Anyone else like to do RPs set in the real world?

Prince Lutin

Not one of your FAAAAAAAANS!
I used to spend a lot of time on Roleplays.me, and one thing I really liked was doing RPs set in the real world - i.e. no magic, no vampires/werewolves, no superheroes, none of that. However, I've noticed that it isn't particularly popular, but I always find them really fun to do. I'll be willing to do high school RPs, but I also like doing stuff involving adults too. (Of course, I promise to keep it appropriate in accordance with the site rules.)

Anyone else? If you do, you can PM me if you want.

I never felt appealed to more realistic settings. I enjoy writing things that would never happen in basic day to day life.

Realistic settings don't have to be exactly like real life. Just look at sitcoms and reality shows - most of them aren't realistic at all.

Still, I do understand the appeal of fantasy settings - it gives people a break from reality. I can see why they're so popular.

Yes.

Then my friends recommend me to take a week off when everything gets too psychotic, or cripplingly hyper social, or when I'm asked to do a sad story by the gm, and interactions manipulate it into resembling something akin to a thirty one page document analyzing player psychology towards worsening states of another's [in this case a character's] emotions.

Long story short, I literally to some people can not be allowed into these unless I promise to act like a casual writer. And I can't write any level of sad story without those same gms kicking me out so they don't have to deal with another player feeling hit too close to home in relation to the or multiple characters. Yet, I can still do psychological warfare IC, so manipulating and causing trauma to theirs is fun. Though some ignore or insta-heal it. Needless to say, those types of players suck at that part.

Dodge me with that romance stuff tho. It's one of my writing weak points, and I just don't like being involved in general with it. If you meant something like a sitcom instead, with exaggerations and shorter arcs resolving most issues when done even if very horrible traits, I tend to make Kramer ripoffs regardless of how serious and complex or not I try to do it. It's a giggle and a half at least to me.

Prince Lutin Prince Lutin Yo, i'm looking for a good RP based in Real Life.

To be honest, Real life has some of the Harshest and Most Painful Stuff, which means more Character Flaws and better stories. If you can write for a RL Setting and do it well, that is a good sign. Did you have a group RP in mind. or is this a 1x1 kind of thing?

Also, can my character be a self insert/how I want to be person? Because I made up a martial art, and I want to see how it works out.

Trust me, my OC will have plenty of Character Flaws.

I also do not mind real-life settings actually. I also wish there are more stories that involve like, working, careers or even college, as opposed to the multitude of high school stuff. However, one problem I see in real-life RPs is that it tends to devolve into silos. Where people like, do their own thing, and do not really open themselves up for interaction. Throw romance into the mix and it tends to be hard to get a couple to interact with other characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back