• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered anyone else experiencing this... bug?

Miho

A little lazy, a little crazy.
at least I guess it's a bug...?
whenever I'm creating a character sheet I sooner or later get the notification that my content is spam-like.
however, it seems to me like this is happening only when I often use the preview button, as it often works again after I waited for a couple of minutes- while the content stayed exactly the same.
there's also nothing spam-like about my character sheets, it's pictures, a quote, and the basic information.
this is really starting to bug me by now as it makes everything take much, much longer.
is anyone else having this problem?

and I'm having this problem right now all over again- just worse.
I waited for about two minutes now, but I'm still getting the spam message--- while the content is exactly the same as before.

Last edited:
It's not a bug, it's the site's filter system, which gets particularly zealous with users whose post count is less than 10. It has a stock message, unfortunately, so while your post may not be spammy, it's likely triggering something else in the filter -- anything from a mention of offsite (even if it's part of a character background, the filter's not able to check context) to just being really long (it has a problem with that sometimes). Ordinarily, when it's in a PM, it gives that error message, while if it's in the regular forums, it just sends it to the approval queue. Probably it's giving the error in preview for the same reason it gives it in PMs -- those won't go in the approval queue -- and your posts work later because one of the moderators was able to review and approve them.

While I'm sure it's irritating, I assure you it will become much less of a problem once you have a few more posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back