Other Anybody play D&D here? Or want to learn/talk about it?

I had a group of friends irl that wanted to start a campaign. I got so excited and was so into making my character. However, the plans feel through, and now Esmerelda (named after silly Loiter Squad video) the wood elf monk will never master all four elements ;-;

Thread starter #13
Yeah, my characters never got to the point that I wanted them too, So i bring them here and roleplay with them, making them what I want them to be in here. But I still try to get myself into a campaign that will last until the higher levels really xD

Neon Valkyrie

She Who Is Called I Am
Huh... I kinda gathered the assumption that it was through my friends who played, they made it sound like youd have to lug around a textbook to understand anything
... Yeah, you need the rulebook in either physical or pdf form, and you'll have to learn a few things from it, but is that a huge undertaking? 80% of those books are just reference material. Buy a few post it notes to bookmark pages and you're good.

Neon Valkyrie

She Who Is Called I Am
@Sea Jay and remember, the books are like... 30-40% art and tables and paragraph breaks, 20%-30% one-time character creation stuff, and the rest is the important bit; the rules behind your character's abilities (a paragraph or two per ability), combat, movement, loot, and leveling (which mostly references back to the character creation stuff.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)