• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Any Warhammer 40k RP?

I think I might have an idea focused around the Raven Guard Space Marine chapter or the Steel Legion imperial guard legion

I don't really play as males, so I'd be more inclined to the Adeptas Sororitas if we're going with human. Maybe even an Inquisitor. I also love me some Orks... but there are no girls. Technically, they're fungal and not exactly male, either (despite the "Boyz" nomenclature).
We could do like a task force of sorts where you got astra militarum, adeptas sororitas, adpetas astartes and imperial guard

sure, sounds good to me. Apostle Apostle , whatchu think?
Hey thanks for replying! Im still sort of putting an oc together but im really leaning towards of having a Death Korps of Krieg Grenadier. As for the plot itself maybe our oc's are on mission behind enemy lines or survivors of a failed battle or campaign and must fight to survive.

Wow! You have an amazing character. Love the detail and background! The Soriratas are among my favorite of characters in the lore.

I hope mine can compare just as well once im finished with him. Would be a little gard to do. Krieg Guardsmen are not known to be diverse or flexible with the exception of a few rare individuals. However i do believe our characters will get along famously. Krieg guardsman are among the most ardent of soldiers and radically loyal to the Emporer. They are a cult of self sacrifice in His service. Death in the Emporer's service is the highest honor they know.

Furthermore, agree that the lore is huge! I know a little bit, just overall generalization of of the organization of the Imperium of Man with a few exceptions of special interests. Ive never played the game either and to be honest this will be my first Warhammer 40k roleplay. So i am very excited to explore this with you!

Sounds reasonable to me, and yes they are. If you are interested id recommend watching Archwarhammer on YouTube about the Death Korps of Krieg and the Seige of Vraks.

Also if you prefer we can chat on Skype or Discord. :)

Hey, cool thread you got here! So I take it most everyone wants to do some combined arms thing. If I may add my two cents, that would be difficult to pull off. Everybody's got their own units and protocols, right? So character interaction becomes a problem.

I don't know any of the technical points of unit integration. I just paint and read.
And as I had explained to DTackle, I wrote Adrielle in a way that I can feasibly drop her into any kind of storyline. Not on a technical level, I'm sure. But I can be very creative with my narrative.

I liked where you were going with the Inquisitor thing. That seems a lot more feasible than coming up with a plot where we got Death Korps and Sororitas fraternizing on X planet. I dunno, maybe there's room for it. All I know is with the Inquisition, you can have a bunch of different people working together.

Heck yeah! Ordo Hereticus. You can really put together a mixed crew. That would also help the GM run a story, since all the characters report to the one dude pretty much.

Apostle Apostle may not want to go that route, but if yall do you can count me in!
I dont have a problem with it. Trouble is I work up to 60 hrs a week so doing one on one works out best. I dont want to be "that guy" holding everyone else up.

My my i did expect to see this return even if the op is gone

A sister from a mirror dimension I smell tzeentch planning something

If we can only play imperium them a magos or perhaps an imperium aiding renegade marine would be of help

Karcen Karcen I'm not setting any parameters, tbh. (I'm not even sure who's "in charge") It's all very up in the air. I just happened to have a character on hand that I had made a while back.
Dtackle is the resurrector of the thread... so I guess they have dibs on it? I dunno. Everyone was responding to an interest.

Jabroni Jabroni so if all goes well, what kinda character did you have in mind?

I'm picturing an aging archivist who gathers information for the team. He probably serves/served the Administratum, and his father before him...

I actually don't do 1x1's anymore. That's why I'm here in the groups section. But for what it's worth, I'm never in a big rush to get bunches of posts done (I'm only in a rush to get started). I don't like having the pressure of having to constantly make responses. In groups, you have a couple days (usually) between posts while everyone else gets their bit in. I also do multi-para responses, so I dont really have the availability to get that together every day.

Example
Oh that would work out much better if we had a couple of days for everyone to respond. Im down for that!

On the tail of my last reply to this thread; I am very glad this took off as the last attempt at a 40K game on RPN was glorious, if short-lived. Interest and energy is definitely there - all we need is a GM.
We could do like a task force of sorts where you got astra militarum, adeptas sororitas, adpetas astartes and imperial guard

An Inquisitor with its retinue? A Crusade front with a unit of Guardsmen from wildly different regiments? A Rogue Trader with its gathering of rogues, fanatics and explorers? A Mechanicus Explorator plying the endless void for forgotten worlds and ancient technologies?

We got options!

So i was thinking instead of having a GM we create a discord chatroom and we all can discuss of what will occur. Brainstorm and such. That way its not left up to one person to decide and would avoid anyone to become dissapointed.

I was wondering if you were gonna chide in at some point. lol
Also, you weren't kidding about "short-lived". One post each, and done?

I do an occasional check of the Forum for budding 40K games. I am glad I haven't missed alerts this time!
Concerning the game - Ikr it still stings when I remember the initial drive we had, the effort that went into the characters and introductory posts.
With the GM's return, we tried restarting the game but at that point, all momentum was gone.

So i was thinking instead of having a GM we create a discord chatroom and we all can discuss of what will occur. Brainstorm and such. That way its not left up to one person to decide and would avoid anyone to become dissapointed.

Why not all of that, but with a GM?
Regardless, if most of us are up for a more decentralized approach to the narrative, I am game. Just want to dive back into the grim darkness of the far future (where there is only war).

Absolutely! If you like follow Karcen's discord link and join us for discussion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back