Chitchat Any unusual/useless Talents you have?

I can sing the alphabet backwards! I know an exceedingly large amount of facts about SpongeBob SquarePants and I can burp on command. Woo?

I can completely disassemble and reassemble my S&W MP-15 within 20 seconds

I posted here before, and I dunno if anyone has said it but I believe this… Is it really a talent I dunno but… I can alter my feelings at will unless a very strong one is currently present, it may take certain triggers but they're easy for me to find. This isn't faking those feelings either, I can genuinely bring up feelings on a whim and keep them as long as I keep the trigger going I guess… Maybe I have them all bottled up somewhere? But I think it's unusual.

I can dislocate my shoulders. I can't do any double joined tricks or have it be useful in any way at all. I can also flip my tongue both directions.

I can pop the knuckle out of its socket on my left hand, middle finger.

I have double jointed elbows and I can vibrate my eyes (although that's kinda common where I'm from)

Last edited:
My right hand can make crackling sound whenever I want, and I can keep doing it until my right hand get tired. Kinda useful for bragging and pranking though.

"Let's shake our hands"

*CRaaCK*

"Ahh... You broke my hand!"

I don't get hangovers.

Secondary talent: I'm somehow not a dedicated alcoholic because of that.
Disclaimer: Yet.

I'm pretty small and flexible so I can be an absolute nightmare to play hide and seek with. I was that annoying kid that used to always win and usually came out when I got bored. On the flexibility note, I saw someone else mention this, but I can put both legs behind my head.

Also! Tongue tricks! Rolling my tongue, twisting it up completely, touching my nose, etc. Not uncommon but still fun.

Uh, I don't know if this is really a talent, but often my quips and jokes end up timed in a way that the person laughing about them has food or some drink in their mouth at that very moment. The sheer number of times friends and family have almost spat the contents of their mouth across the room is actually more hilarious than any joke I ever made to cause that.
And I don't know why this even keeps happening - it's not like I try to time my remarks this way - but it does.

Also, apparently I can make a convincing pigeon coo.

Anyone can tell me anything to my face and I can not show any reaction of any kind. I'm not judgemental at all and would rather someone express whatever than hide it. So, I don't laugh, cringe, be disgusted -- just nothing, I just listen. You'd be surprised how much really terrible stuff I've been told because I don't react.

General trivia. Seriously. Don't challenge me to any sort of trivia contest because you will lose.

I'm quite naturally talented at juggling. I've never seriously practised it, but I can just about juggle five balls (14 catches) as well as learn complex patterns rather quickly.
I mean, I'd prefer to be a naturally talented cook/musician/literally anything, but I'll take what I can get!

I can count to 24 on my own two hands. (Disclaimer: this is teachable)
A friend of mine believes that the duodecimal system is a better way of counting than the decimal system. He's a pure mathematician so I immediately dismissed this as abstract rambling, but then he proceeded to count to 24 on his two hands and completely blew my mind.

A friend of mine believes that the duodecimal system is a better way of counting than the decimal system. He's a pure mathematician so I immediately dismissed this as abstract rambling, but then he proceeded to count to 24 on his two hands and completely blew my mind.
It’s pretty useful. Since people are probably wondering how I do it, I’ll explain.

There are three bones in each finger. If you count each of them with your thumb, you get to twenty four. You can get to twenty eight if you count the two bones in your thumb.

I’ve attached a picture to help.

Attachments

• 0E4C53A6-1922-4909-BAC8-9604DB5D2B3E.gif
    0E4C53A6-1922-4909-BAC8-9604DB5D2B3E.gif
    21.6 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back