Music Any recommendations for chill songs?

Yokai

dream eater
Hello, everyone!

Currently I'm looking for some more "chill vibes" style songs (I do understand how cringe that sounds but I can't think of a different description, sorry). Basically I've got a massive spotify playlist dedicated to this kind of music and I'm looking to add more! I absolutely love Daniel Caesar, Joji, Mansionz, and Blackbear. So, please post your recommendations, it'd be much appreciated!

Here are a couple of my favourite songs, at the moment:
"Japanese Denim" by Daniel Caesar.
"We Find Love" by Daniel Caesar.
"Fangs" by Matt Champion.
"Slow Dancing in the Dark" by Joji.

I have a short playlist of blues songs that are on the chill side. “Blues Deluxe” by Joe Bonamassa, “For What It’s Worth” by Tab Benoit, and “Black Creek Rising” by Scott Biram for instance. I get pretty chill vibes from them; favorites for cigar smoking (which is rare-ish for me) and the first one was my go to Friday afternoon song on the way home lol.

Not really my taste but I can definitely appreciate the chill vibes. The beginning reminds me of lo-fi music which I also love!
If you like lo-fi music, have you heard of Resonance by HOME? Halfway by Unfound and Hotel Pools is pretty chill, too. Basically any synthwave is just super chill.

I have a short playlist of blues songs that are on the chill side. “Blues Deluxe” by Joe Bonamassa, “For What It’s Worth” by Tab Benoit, and “Black Creek Rising” by Scott Biram for instance. I get pretty chill vibes from them; favorites for cigar smoking (which is rare-ish for me) and the first one was my go to Friday afternoon song on the way home lol.

It's been a long while since I last listened to any blues or jazz. But I was hooked from the first song, Blues Deluxe is gorgeous; definitely good late night cooking vibes. If that makes sense?

If you like lo-fi music, have you heard of Resonance by HOME? Halfway by Unfound and Hotel Pools is pretty chill, too. Basically any synthwave is just super chill.

Simpsonwave is great study music, I haven't heard any of these ones though and will definitely give them a listen!!

It's been a long while since I last listened to any blues or jazz. But I was hooked from the first song, Blues Deluxe is gorgeous; definitely good late night cooking vibes. If that makes sense?

Simpsonwave is great study music, I haven't heard any of these ones though and will definitely give them a listen!!

Yeah, “late night cooking vibes” makes sense to me lol! I can probably scare up some other chiller Blues songs...brb

Yeah, “late night cooking vibes” makes sense to me lol! I can probably scare up some other chiller Blues songs...brb

Please do! I really loved the first one.

Also, I recently watched "A Star is Born" starring Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga. There's a song in the beginning that you might like; "Black Eyes" by Bradley Cooper. Definitely not a chill vibes song but it's really good. The movie had a great soundtrack!

Okay, more chill/chill-ish Blues, but I would also like to submit a few chill classic country/chill classic country blues songs, to go with; they’re from my “easygoing evening” playlist.

The Sky is Crying (1984 version) - Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I Think I’ll Just Stay Here and Drink - Merle Haggard

Today I Started Loving You Again - Merle Haggard (recommend the non-live version from his album “20 Hits, Volume 2”)

Hurricane - The Band of Heathens (this one is chill but at the same time so badass to me lol)

Tennessee Whiskey - Chris Stapleton. Although it pains me a bit because I do tend towards David Allan Coe and his original/more original (classic country) version.

Thinkin’ On a Woman - Colter Wall

Hello Darlin’ - Conway Twitty

Wayfaring Stranger - Jamie Woon (not sure it’s really blues, but it is chill)

The Pusher - Steppenwolf (this technically deserves a language warning)

A couple other random ones I sort of chill to even if they aren’t necessarily chill:

street light - Pete Bernhard

Statesboro Blues - Taj Mahal

Friday Dance Promenade - k.d. lang (just love the swanky sultry old time sound)

Please do! I really loved the first one.

Also, I recently watched "A Star is Born" starring Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga. There's a song in the beginning that you might like; "Black Eyes" by Bradley Cooper. Definitely not a chill vibes song but it's really good. The movie had a great soundtrack!

That’s a cool song, thanks for the recommendation.

Okay, more chill/chill-ish Blues, but I would also like to submit a few chill classic country/chill classic country blues songs, to go with; they’re from my “easygoing evening” playlist.

The Sky is Crying (1984 version) - Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I Think I’ll Just Stay Here and Drink - Merle Haggard

Today I Started Loving You Again - Merle Haggard (recommend the non-live version from his album “20 Hits, Volume 2”)

Hurricane - The Band of Heathens (this one is chill but at the same time so badass to me lol)

Tennessee Whiskey - Chris Stapleton. Although it pains me a bit because I do tend towards David Allan Coe and his original/more original (classic country) version.

Thinkin’ On a Woman - Colter Wall

Hello Darlin’ - Conway Twitty

Wayfaring Stranger - Jamie Woon (not sure it’s really blues, but it is chill)

The Pusher - Steppenwolf (this technically deserves a language warning)

A couple other random ones I sort of chill to even if they aren’t necessarily chill:

street light - Pete Bernhard

Statesboro Blues - Taj Mahal

Friday Dance Promenade - k.d. lang (just love the swanky sultry old time sound)

I'll make sure to check them out! Chris Stapleton's "Tennessee Whiskey" is an honest-to-God masterpiece.

I'll make sure to check them out! Chris Stapleton's "Tennessee Whiskey" is an honest-to-God masterpiece.

I have to admit it’s great, and is a chill blues masterpiece. I still just like the classic David Allan Coe original/version (I don’t remember whether he did it first) though lol, but of course, different genres essentially.

Isn't really chill, but if you're interested in more blues and stuff then this is a favorite. "Sitting On Top of the World" by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa:

Jack White also has an Appalachian, or acoustic blues version, from the Cold Mountain movie soundtrack:

And of course the Sons of Anarchy blues rock version:

Not to be confused with a definitely chill song, "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay"

Isn't really chill, but if you're interested in more blues and stuff then this is a favorite. "Sitting On Top of the World" by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa:

Jack White also has an Appalachian, or acoustic blues version, from the Cold Mountain movie soundtrack:

And of course the Sons of Anarchy blues rock version:

Not to be confused with a definitely chill song, "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay"

Thank you! I should really make a playlist from all of these.

Thank you! I should really make a playlist from all of these.

Haha no problem. And you caught me at the worst possible time because I’m expanding my reporoire of both chill and rockin’ bluesy songs, so I found EVEN MOAR (maybe more raucous songs here)

Angel of Death - Hank Williams (it honestly kind of makes me bawl but I love it. Lol)

Blue Yodel Number 5 (California Blues) - Hellbound Glory (I’m from California so I can’t help it)

Sun Valley Blues #3 (Bloodweiser) - Hellbound Glory

Hellbound Blues [explicit] - Hellbound Glory

On the Road Again - Jack Broadbent (his moody blues riffs here are plain awesome and classic)

Chickens in the Pen - Kid Rock

Man of Constant Sorrow - Rebel Son

This Old Train - Rebel Son

Long, Tall Bottle - Rebel Son

Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan (CAN’T BELIEVE I FORGOT THIS ONE BEFORE! I remember mixing cocktails for my family at a beachside house over in Morro Bay at sunset to this song and it was one of the greatest things ever)

First date - ninja sex party

Bangarang - skrillex

Why did I say okie dokie - the stupendium

OMG. Ninja Sex Party. Lol that makes me want to go back and listen to some of the songs
I honestly can’t even sing my own songs because I’ve heard them. Aha

Still....
It was futuristic prehistoric throw down,
But it was quiet because In space there is no sound

Haha no problem. And you caught me at the worst possible time because I’m expanding my reporoire of both chill and rockin’ bluesy songs, so I found EVEN MOAR (maybe more raucous songs here)

Angel of Death - Hank Williams (it honestly kind of makes me bawl but I love it. Lol)

Blue Yodel Number 5 (California Blues) - Hellbound Glory (I’m from California so I can’t help it)

Sun Valley Blues #3 (Bloodweiser) - Hellbound Glory

Hellbound Blues [explicit] - Hellbound Glory

On the Road Again - Jack Broadbent (his moody blues riffs here are plain awesome and classic)

Chickens in the Pen - Kid Rock

Man of Constant Sorrow - Rebel Son

This Old Train - Rebel Son

Long, Tall Bottle - Rebel Son

Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan (CAN’T BELIEVE I FORGOT THIS ONE BEFORE! I remember mixing cocktails for my family at a beachside house over in Morro Bay at sunset to this song and it was one of the greatest things ever)

I now have a playlist with 29 songs, all of them recommended by you lmao. I've got a lot of studying to do over the next few weeks, so I'd argue that this was perfect timing.

First date - ninja sex party

Bangarang - skrillex

Why did I say okie dokie - the stupendium

These are amazing songs but also so traumatic; I just got major flashbacks to high school.

I now have a playlist with 29 songs, all of them recommended by you lmao. I've got a lot of studying to do over the next few weeks, so I'd argue that this was perfect timing.

These are amazing songs but also so traumatic; I just got major flashbacks to high school.
You rocked the stupendium in high school? You boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back