Anime & Manga Any One Piece Watchers?

Skelo10

One Thousand Club
Just figured I could make a thread for general discussion of One Piece. If you DO NOT know what One Piece is, here you go:

One Piece is the story of a boy named Monkey D. Luffy who was inspired by Shanks, a pirate. At the start of the series, 22 years before Luffy leaves his hometown and sets sail, a pirate named Gol D. Roger, known as the Pirate King was executed. He was the only pirate to succesfully conquer the grand line. Before his death, he told the crowd of his treasure, "One Piece". His death sparked what would become the Golden Age of Pirates as countless pirates set out to look for his treasure. Luffy becomes one as well, desiring to be the next Pirate King. He sets out to gather crewmates and begin his adventures and journeys. The show has over 650 episodes and releases a new one every Saturday. Webiste to watch One Piece: onepiece.tv OR watchop.com

Have fun discussing One Piece here [if there even any watchers].

Love the manga. The anime is okay sometimes but for the most part I don't like it. The quality in animation is pretty low but I do understand that they have to work quick in order to churn out episodes every week.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]I watch it as well. Its been pretty slow lately :(

[/QUOTE]
Do you mean the entertainment level or how much you have watched? Sorry I'm confused c:

Endymion said:
Do you mean the entertainment level or how much you have watched? Sorry I'm confused c:
The pacing of the story in the latest episodes. We've been too long in Dressrosa with out major things happening apart from law being taken.

I gotta say I've not really enjoyed the most recent arcs since Alabasta. A lot of the characters have begun to be 'second fiddle' to Luffy, even though they previously were quite powerful (i.e. Nico Robin or Miss All Sunday during Alabasta). Only rarely are any one single character doing anything meaningful, otherwise they simply vanish into the background (like Chopper, Nami, Sanji and Brook currently in the anime). I can understand that sometimes with so many 'lead characters', it can be hard to produce new plotlines to involve everyone in, but to completely cut out half the cast from a story arc feels, I don't know, lazy?

Also, favorite current character is Nico Robin, favorite character from the series so far, Nefertari Vivi.

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]I gotta say I've not really enjoyed the most recent arcs since Alabasta. A lot of the characters have begun to be 'second fiddle' to Luffy, even though they previously were quite powerful (i.e. Nico Robin or Miss All Sunday during Alabasta). Only rarely are any one single character doing anything meaningful, otherwise they simply vanish into the background (like Chopper, Nami, Sanji and Brook currently in the anime). I can understand that sometimes with so many 'lead characters', it can be hard to produce new plotlines to involve everyone in, but to completely cut out half the cast from a story arc feels, I don't know, lazy?
Also, favorite current character is Nico Robin, favorite character from the series so far, Nefertari Vivi.

Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
I urge you to continue watching, especially if you like Nico Robin. The Water 7 arc addresses all your issues and is personally one of my favorite arcs. There is the Skypeia arc before that though.

I saw someone mention Dressrosa in the thread too, it does feel like it's been the longest running arc in the timeskip, maybe even the whole series. I'm hoping it ends soon, there's some more stuff in One Piece that I think are gonna be way more interesting.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm fully up to date and currently watching the Dressrosa arc. I did enjoy Water 7 and Ennies Lobby, but I have to agree that the current arc has become a one-horse show. It's come down to Luffy and another couple of the Straw Hats doing stuff while the rest of the crew is carefully packed off into the background.

Captain Hesperus

The current arc's pretty much become the Luffy and Law show. I don't think any other side character has ever gotten this much attention. I just wanna know what's going on with the rest of the Strawhats that had to run away from Big Mom.

I love One Piece!

Aside from Dragon Ball (not Z), it's my favorite anime! It has great characters and an amazing perpetually expanding universe/plot.

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]favorite character from the series so far, Nefertari Vivi.

[/QUOTE]
I thought I was the only one!
cJPbE.gif

I tried to get into this anime three times. I hate the artwork and I detest Luffy.

I just can't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back