Other Any old school rpers?

I recruit off gaia, RPN and discord. I rp over various places and threads/forums. I haven't done much RPing in the last few years, on and off, I took a long break this last year and only just came back (broke down shortly after joining here and had to step away for like a month).

I do look back on my stuff with rose tinted glasses, but when I look closely I see the tell tale fingerprints of the same issues I have now!
Are we allowed to recruit people from here for a rp that's on gaia?

Not exactly AOL, but I was extremely active in MSN Roleplaying communities at some point between 2009 and 2012. That's like the spiritual successor in some ways, right?

Oh wow, this takes me back...I started out on Yahoo! Groups in the late '90s, moved to forums, then migrated onto AIM for a while. I've used Discord most recently. I played Neopets and Gaia Online but never RP'd on them...haven't even thought about them in years. I guess my poor Neopets are still starving :(

YIM, AOL, MSN, all the way up to Reddit. Been there, done that. I miss those chats sometimes.

Are there any old school rpers on here who got there start on rping in aol chat rooms when it was aol 3.0 besides myself?
I started out with AOL and Windows messenger later on. Did some rp on myspace and in school friends and I would pass a notebook back and fourth between class periods :closed eyes open smile:

I remember the good ol' AOL chat days. I used to play in the AOL rooms and over YIM. I sometimes really miss the rapid fire script style rps I used to be a part of; there are times when being required to write multiple paragraphs is frustrating. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing with rping through paragraphs. It's just that there are times when I really just want something fast paced and simple.

I remember the good ol' AOL chat days. I used to play in the AOL rooms and over YIM. I sometimes really miss the rapid fire script style rps I used to be a part of; there are times when being required to write multiple paragraphs is frustrating. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing with rping through paragraphs. It's just that there are times when I really just want something fast paced and simple.
I created an aol guild for people like us on gaia online

I was AOL folk... my favorite RP/conversation room was "Mist on a Quiet lake" -- where my homies at?! (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back