Other Any old school rpers?

I started on Neopets, but AOL was a thing back then lol.

Was that back when AOL tried to gatekeep the entire internet and had a huge subscription fee?

I was on Yahoo chat RP at the time.

I started back in 97' if that means anything. But yeah, I did the Yahoo thing over Aol.

Yeah I started on the AOL chatrooms, but we migrated to EZBoard because we wanted to have a log/more organization.

did anyone besides me frequent the Crystal Tokyo Sailor Moon rp chat room back in the day? I'm hoping I can run into some people I use to know from years ago my sn was zelxel

I miss my old vampire coven, we rp'd in msn chat rooms and had a whole community page for the coven. Cross chatroom wars (that was a batnutty session!) I did a few Weiss Kreuz roleplays, but mostly I did original stuff even back then! XD

I think I miss my old excitement and drive for RP. I struggle so much now! XD mental illness caught up to me!

I miss my old vampire coven, we rp'd in msn chat rooms and had a whole community page for the coven. Cross chatroom wars (that was a batnutty session!) I did a few Weiss Kreuz roleplays, but mostly I did original stuff even back then! XD

I think I miss my old excitement and drive for RP. I struggle so much now! XD mental illness caught up to me!
I just took a hiatus from the world of rp because everyone in every rp I ever started has either left it without telling me or doesn't post . I just came back to it and I'm killing myself over typing walls of texts which isn't my style. I miss the days of old where you can just pop into a rp chat room and create your own adventure with out a sl or walls of texts. Even on gaia online I'm glad I got two people that joined me

I still frequent gaia! I do miss the pace I had back then, but I can't say whether or not I miss how I setup rps. Discord is very good for more drop in style roleplaying, not all servers, but many I've been a part of have the chatroom flavor!

I still frequent gaia! I do miss the pace I had back then, but I can't say whether or not I miss how I setup rps. Discord is very good for more drop in style roleplaying, not all servers, but many I've been a part of have the chatroom flavor!
I can't find rooms like that on Discord

I mean drop in and roleplay. I've been on some where you've given the chance to make a channel too. But mostly I've been on ones that have tons of drop in style rps.

I mean drop in and roleplay. I've been on some where you've given the chance to make a channel too. But mostly I've been on ones that have tons of drop in style rps.
I miss that feel I tried to get onto aol but Aol Desktop Gold has a subscription and the last time I signed on no one really came to my room :closedeyescryingfrown:

I haven't done any chatroom stuff since I learned to paragraph RP. So it's been at least 15/17 years or something. @____@'

I've used all sorts of IM's to roleplay over, but they were always para. rps not the style I used when I chatroom RP'd.

I recruit off gaia, RPN and discord. I rp over various places and threads/forums. I haven't done much RPing in the last few years, on and off, I took a long break this last year and only just came back (broke down shortly after joining here and had to step away for like a month).

I do look back on my stuff with rose tinted glasses, but when I look closely I see the tell tale fingerprints of the same issues I have now!

ogosh, what a throwback. I never did through AOL, but I would chatroom RP off mIRC ( I can't recall what the server was called, but it connected with the chatrooms from dbzmail and sailormoonmail ) and some pokemon fansite called Misty's Gym LOL I think it was around the same time? Closer to 2000, I think.

I started on Neopets, but AOL was a thing back then lol.
Ayooo! I started off on Neopets when I was like 11 or 12 years old. So like... 2002/3ish? I moved from there to a site called December Romance (which was renamed to Twilight Sky and then renamed to Ink and Prose), took a couple of years off after battling with cancer + getting married, and then moved here two years ago! (❁´◡`❁)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back