Music Any fellow vocaloid fans here?

Miamia

Hiatus till 19 August, currently overwhelmed OTL
Like the title says~

Any songs you wanna recommend? Looking for more songs to fill up my playlist.
A series is also fine~

You can also talk about your favorite utaitte/odoritte/producer XD

Just a voice synthesizing program that people use to make songs

Like the title says~

Any songs you wanna recommend? Looking for more songs to fill up my playlist.
A series is also fine~

You can also talk about your favorite utaitte/odoritte/producer XD

In terms of visuals, I like Gumi and Luka more than most.

In terms of producers, I more on board with Crusher.

And a song I like, but not necessarily the only one, nor maybe top song is Again.

Also to quote a meme but paraphrased, at least with my experience of finding or running into them, "the amount of messed up or disorder related or seeming, and borderline God 'vandam' insanity too 'vandam' high". I enjoy them though. A friend also directly into this type likes to say I relate to some of them but I'm not quite sure if that's a joke or not. I can't exactly argue against both either though, or elements at least thereof.

A bit ironically, another that does have some problems but lesser than most of these songs depict, calms down to listening to that type, regardless of if the song, cover or original, is done using vocaloid or utau. The songs sound nice too, usually. One I listen to is insanity, which I found two different versions, one that sounds pretty twisted, and another sounding sad about it. I go into these ones more so for hearing it rather than any story to depict. But a few other RPNers I can borderline say outright "could be the human manifestation of one of these songs". Varying from doing fine, to others that look like they're trying to be a meme. And soon to find out they ain't doin' it for no joke yo. but kicking back to some more upbeat songs is akin to the feather effect, but in this case usually with the vocals always on. [Working or relaxing while enjoying some nice music, remaining in a state of musical calmness. Such as listening to najubes feather and variants thereof. Like a instrumental edit.] Honestly, the groups of people I meet at times or friend. I thought I was the one most attached to another object by an incline plane wrapped helically around an axis. Yet here we are.

I am also cool with Kaito and Meiko. Kaito I like the look of, and kind of looks like a laid-back happy-go lucky chap. Which is ironic. Because he usually is either featured, shortly cameoed, or flashback referenced in most of every 'ducked' up song I've come across. [That's the closest I'm going to get to saying that word this post. There's no other fitting alternative.]

I'm also interested in Teto.
love is [indeed quite the] war.
lucky me, I don't have to wait in those muddy trenches for it kek. That and being an undead skelebro and all.

What's a vocaroid?
Vocaloid and by extension things like Utau are singing/song/tune synthesizers. People use them and associated elements like one of the cover girls or boys, and makes songs with them. I think one is even free with their own free voicebanks. People can also use them to augment samples of their own voice, and by extension, could and have made their own characters through that.

Then there are other varingly associated programs, like MMD/MikuMikuDance. An animating source that can be made to do variety of things, like making types of movies, like the kinds you can recorded on YouTube. It also can be used to make music videos, through doing backgrounds, camera work, and dance animations. A few of those are also on YouTube, if not by this point dominating it as equally as illustrated music videos with the synthesizers and characters.

Kazami42 Kazami42 Whoa, I'm not a hardcord fan but I've heard of crusher's songs! I think my favourite so far would be the Circrush collab Wildfire feat. Gumi!

I'm a huge fan of the Kagamine twins, visually or not. Their songs are just so sad most of the time ;v;

Well I do enjoy both story-centric songs and the "normal" ones that express a lot of emotions, so feel free to recommend me anything you really like~

However in terms of quality I honestly think that the VY series is the highest quality vocaloid that exists, have you heard songs made using them? They sound so realistic! You should go see Fairytale, a cover made by Kyaami using VY1, if you haven't already.

Also thanks for the in depth explanation of vocaloid, I thought a simple explanation would've been better for the uninitiated though 🤣
I think only utauloids are free, I don't think there's any vocaloids that are free but do correct me if I'm wrong!

Is pentatonix vocaloid? If they are, you should listen to them cause they're awesome.

Is pentatonix vocaloid? If they are, you should listen to them cause they're awesome.

Well as I explained previously, Vocaloids are just voice synthesizing programs so any real human singing isn't a vocaloid. However there are people who make covers on these songs, usually they're called Utaittes (From the term, Utatte mitta [I tried to sing]).
I haven't heard of pentatonix but a quick google search shows me they're just ordinary singers. I'm not opposed to having more songs in my playlist though, what would you recommend?

i love vocaloid! my favorites are rin and len, but i'm also a huge fan of miku, gumi, and yukari. here's a song that's been stuck in my head lately:

as for producers, i love almost anything giga-p makes, as well as neru and *luna. i also really like dateken! and a bunch of other producers who escape my mind right now. i don't think plama is very well-known, but i really like his music! this is the first song i ever heard from him:

i also really like this song using rin and len's english voicebanks:

I absolutely adore vocaloid too!! I know I mentioned it already but I really really love Rin and Len too!! I'm so glad to see someone else share my feelings!

Thank you so much for all these suggestions, I've haven't been so active in the community lately so I'm not too familiar with a lot of songs now a days. I love them all! I'll be sure to add them to my playlist!

My favourite producers are Hitoshizuku X Yama! Their songs are always so catchy and interesting after all. Deco*27 is pretty cool too, have you seen Android Girl? Giga-P's Rettou Joutou is one of my favourite songs on repeat now~

I haven't heard of Plama or his/her songs before, thanks for introducing them to me! The song has a "Hurting for a very hurtful pain" feeling to it, have you heard of it before?

Miku is definitely a favorite of mine, but in terms of like who I would want to buy if I ever got the program would probably be Gumi! I think she has a much nicer voice, and her english bank is top notch! One of my favorite lesser known vocaloids though is definitely Lumi! Though I think it's only because of the one Crusher P song!

if you're looking for songs to add, I can TOTALLY help.

soulsparks soulsparks
I agree that Gumi's english voice bank is amazing, though I can't help but feel that the VY series is a lot more superior in terms of the Japanese voice bank. They just sound so realistic you know?

Man I must have been really out of the community lately, I haven't even heard of Lumi. Any Lumi songs to recommend?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! I haven't heard them before but I'm loving them!

I love Pinocchio-P's slow motion! Guess you should already know it since you're a huge miku fan?

I'm a big fan of some vocaloid series, which I first got into first to spanish and english covers of other anime songs I enjoyed.

My first vocaloid was what I know today as "Servant of Evil", and I came to be a fan of the series that one belongs to.

I am also a big fan of the Kagerou Project, which led me to watch the anime Mekaku City Actors, which is an anime based on the vocaloid series.

Other than that, I like a vocaloid here or there, but music generally appeals to me if I like the lyrics or melody, and the fast-paced, high-pitched a lot of vocaloid seems to have is often off-putting to me. I'm more inclined to enjoy the english covers as a result (though, again, there are exceptions).

Idea Idea

The series servant of evil belongs to refers to "Story of Evil" or the whole "Evillious chroncicles"?

I also love Kagepro! My favourite's mary and hiyori, what about you?

Fast paced and high pitched like Two faced lovers or Explosion Spinal Fluid girl you mean?

What about if they're slow and calming like this?

The series servant of evil belongs to refers to "Story of Evil" or the whole "Evillious chroncicles"?

I think the first, albeit I'm more familiar with song names than series names in general.

I also love Kagepro! My favourite's mary and hiyori, what about you?
Top Three:
1- Shuuya Kano (both the character and the songs are awesome. His character's personality, arc, and powers, and the song's lyrics really resonated when I first heard them, plus I still very much love the beat)
2- Snake of Clearing Eyes (reasons in the spoiler below)
3- Momo (I really love her songs, so peppy, and the character's powers are also so interesting and unique)

As a villain, the snake of clearing eyes had one of the most interesting motives I've ever seen, such a human motive, the desire to continue existing. Even if they had a twisted personality (which helped add to the cool factor), the idea that they created the time loop to be able to keep granting the same wishes over and over again and thus sustain itself was just brilliant.

Fast paced and high pitched like Two faced lovers or Explosion Spinal Fluid girl you mean?
Don't really know those songs, so hard to say...

What about if they're slow and calming like this?
Yeah, that's definitely better.

Idea Idea
I think the first, albeit I'm more familiar with song names than series names in general.

Ah sorry, story of evil is a sub-series of Evillious chronicles so I was just confirming which you were talking about.

I'm assuming you meant songs like Daughter of evil, regret message, re birthday?

Top Three:
1- Shuuya Kano (both the character and the songs are awesome. His character's personality, arc, and powers, and the song's lyrics really resonated when I first heard them, plus I still very much love the beat)
2- Snake of Clearing Eyes (reasons in the spoiler below)
3- Momo (I really love her songs, so peppy, and the character's powers are also so interesting and unique)

Kano sure is a cool character, his past is kinda sad though I feel like Azami's eternal loneliness is sadder

Yeah the snake of clearing eye's motives were interesting though it caused so many people to suffer over and over again

Momo's so adorable! I love Mary because she's adorable too!! Hiyori and Hibiya's sacrifice for each other really touched me, but I love Hiyori more due to her strength (How she tried to protect Momo from others and all)

Ah sorry, story of evil is a sub-series of Evillious chronicles so I was just confirming which you were talking about.

I'm assuming you meant songs like Daughter of evil, regret message, re birthday?
Oh, yeah. Also including Madness of Duke Venomania and Judgement of Evil.

Kano sure is a cool character, his past is kinda sad though I feel like Azami's eternal loneliness is sadder

Yeah the snake of clearing eye's motives were interesting though it caused so many people to suffer over and over again

Momo's so adorable! I love Mary because she's adorable too!! Hiyori and Hibiya's sacrifice for each other really touched me, but I love Hiyori more due to her strength (How she tried to protect Momo from others and all)
<3

Oh, yeah. Also including Madness of Duke Venomania and Judgement of Evil.

Well....that's technically still a sub series of Evillious Chronicles lmao
Judgement of evil is really sad though he's just fighting so hard for his daughter
Who's not really his daughter since she's just a doll replacement

Well....that's technically still a sub series of Evillious Chronicles lmao
Judgement of evil is really sad though he's just fighting so hard for his daughter
Who's not really his daughter since she's just a doll replacement
Eh, I think it was just greed, or at one point it became greed.
Afterall, even after he and his "daughter" were burned alive, and he had a chance to escape being sent to literal hell, he still wouldn't let go of his money, which was a pretty cool ironic twist to the whole situation.

Eh, I think it was just greed, or at one point it became greed.
Afterall, even after he and his "daughter" were burned alive, and he had a chance to escape being sent to literal hell, he still wouldn't let go of his money, which was a pretty cool ironic twist to the whole situation.

Just realized there's no real meaning in saying any character in the EC series is sad because almost every song is sad in the EC series lmao

I don't think it was literal greed that drove him to not want to let go of his wealth, he was told that if he managed to gather all the 7 vessels he would be able to get his wish granted, which is basically his "daughter"'s recovery. He truly believed that with enough money he could build his utopia with her.

Idea Idea
Almost forgot but since you like Kagerou project have you listened to Additional Memory and Never Lost Word? Just asking since they were released quite a while after the hype for it died

Idea Idea
Almost forgot but since you like Kagerou project have you listened to Additional Memory and Never Lost Word? Just asking since they were released quite a while after the hype for it died
I do believe I did, albeit those songs didn't stick much with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back