• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Any DC fans out there?

Drake Derringer

Happily Insane
So I'm looking for a group. OCs and Canons are both welcome. Joker's already taken by me.
I have difficulty with reading five-seven paragraph replies, especially when the paragraphs are huge. However I also don't like chronic one-liners.
3 spots are open. any more is overwhelming. I'm in Alaska and will be on at night or in the evening my time.

If you're interested, please tell me what time it is where you are in the world as well as what times you will be available.

Last edited:
Hey! What kind of plans did you have in mind for this group? I'm open to joining it as Nightwing, Red Hood, or possibly other members of the Batfamily.

It's currently 2 AM for me (Kentucky), and I'm normally available periodically through the day, more so at night.

It's 10 PM here. I like your enthusiasm. I'm looking for a retelling of sorts. The spots you want are available. I need 3 more.

Hey! What kind of plans did you have in mind for this group? I'm open to joining it as Nightwing, Red Hood, or possibly other members of the Batfamily.

It's currently 2 AM for me (Kentucky), and I'm normally available periodically through the day, more so at night.

Which of the bat family is your favorite?

Which of the bat family is your favorite?
Yeah, I could try to help find people, although I actually don't have much experience on this site, so I'm not sure how much help I'd be.

My favorite is probably Nightwing, but Red Hood and Robin (Damian) are pretty high up too. Or any of them as Robin honestly. I love Batman too, along with other characters, but I wouldn't be as comfortable playing them.

In this version of the story, Robin is an adult who worked for the GCPD as a detective and later joined the Bat because the Joker manipulated his girlfriend, Hailey Quill into becoming his tool

Yeah, I could try to help find people, although I actually don't have much experience on this site, so I'm not sure how much help I'd be.

My favorite is probably Nightwing, but Red Hood and Robin (Damian) are pretty high up too. Or any of them as Robin honestly. I love Batman too, along with other characters, but I wouldn't be as comfortable playing them.
I do a few things to find people. I track recent activity on the What's New tab. By seeing recent content, you can find out other's interests without looking them up specifically.

Another is to track the Newest Members, wait for them to post an intro, say hi and ask if they're interested.

And there's the good old interest check forums.

Alright. So he never met Bruce before all of this? Did his parents still die? Sorry about all the questions, I'm just trying to get a clear picture in my head.

As far as you're character's backstory, that's up to you. Those details I created for him are the only ones that need to be stuck with. Hailey Quill is a black security guard at Arkham, and she becomes Harlequin (Harley Quinn).
Before dating Dick (Nightwing is Dick, right?) she was involved with Harvey Dent, but after 5 months, she broke it off and rebounded to your guy.

Bruce is already The Bat, and Dick has met him. I mean, Bruce and James Gordon have been friends since Bruce was a child, after the Waynes death. Connections would lead to their meeting because Dick will become somewhat of a favorite to Gordon, but Dick doesn't know the connection between Batman and Bruce till later.

Yeah, Nightwing is Dick Grayson. And no, it doesn't deter me! I'm just thinking about different ways his backstory could be different. It's interesting to think about!

Yeah, Nightwing is Dick Grayson. And no, it doesn't deter me! I'm just thinking about different ways his backstory could be different. It's interesting to think about!
Awesome! I hate coming off like a control freak. While I'm willing to throw ideas out, I also worry sometimes that my requests may be too extreme, you know?

Awesome! I hate coming off like a control freak. While I'm willing to throw ideas out, I also worry sometimes that my requests may be too extreme, you know?
Yeah, I understand! I'm normally pretty flexible, I just like to get an idea of what's going on in my head first. So would the other Robins have met Bruce/Batman in this AU? And who else is important in it/What else is different?

I've changed how Harvey Dent becomes Two-Face. The means never justified the end result in the movies or comics.

I've changed how the Penguin got his name.

I've also fixed Killer Croc.

Helen Wayne or Bruce Wayne----------The Bat (I like the gender option. Makes it interesting.)
Dick Grayson----------Nightwing
Jason Todd-------------Red Hood
Drake Derringer------The Joker
Hailey Quill----------Harlequin
Elizabeth Lawin-------The RIddler
Selina Kyle--------------The Cat
Harvey Dent-----------Two-Face
Oswald Cobbepot----The Penguin
Jervis Tetch-------------The Mad Hatter
Ivy Peppers-------------Poison Ivy
------------------------------Bane
Waylon Jones-----------Killer Croc