Other Any Christians?

This is my faith, friend. I don't speak of it often unless I'm asked, but I'll admit it freely here. I regularly listen to music of this faith's theme, both the more rock-like and the more classic like Carmen ("Great God", "Let the Fire Fall"), and in particular Audio Adrenaline ("Big House", "Hands and Feet").
And when anybody say they don't like that, I say, "Talk to the hand, cause I ain't listenin'."

This is my faith, friend. I don't speak of it often unless I'm asked, but I'll admit it freely here. I regularly listen to music of this faith's theme, both the more rock-like and the more classic like Carmen ("Great God", "Let the Fire Fall"), and in particular Audio Adrenaline ("Big House", "Hands and Feet").
And when anybody say they don't like that, I say, "Talk to the hand, cause I ain't listenin'."
I love "Big House." ^33^

My choir did Hands and Feet a couple years ago for our annual tour!! I love that song! c:

So I was wondering if there were any other Christians on RPN? I've met a few but I'd looove to meet more people who share my faith. Maybe we can even start a little group chat or something for those who want to connect with the Christian community on RPN? Feel free to post!
Silly question, I know your open to meeting other Christians and that's cool and all but how would you react to people that interpret the Bible differently than your views but at the same time are Christian ? 0w0

Wow! So I made this thread a while ago but I'm so happy to see it has gotten some more responses! I'm so excited to meet a lot of my brothers and sisters in Christ here in RPN <3 *hugs* Seriously considering making a group fellowship PM if anyone's up to getting to know each other better and maybe make some new friends?

Lenny2000 Lenny2000 While I am personally not interested in debating the Word, I'm cool with people who interpret scripture differently than I do. Maybe I can learn from them just as much as they could learn from me. :) Each Christian has their own convictions that come through prayer and their discernment so I respect that just as I'm sure you'd respect my beliefs. As Christians, we each have our own individual relationship with God and we're still family even amongst our different views---no matter how much we might disagree on some things. As long as scripture isn't used as a weapon of hate and we remember the important thing: that we're united in our mission of loving each other and the rest of the world as Jesus loves us, then we're good. You're welcome here <3

Wow! So I made this thread a while ago but I'm so happy to see it has gotten some more responses! I'm so excited to meet a lot of my brothers and sisters in Christ here in RPN <3 *hugs* Seriously considering making a group fellowship PM if anyone's up to getting to know each other better and maybe make some new friends?

Lenny2000 Lenny2000 While I am personally not interested in debating the Word, I'm cool with people who interpret scripture differently than I do. Maybe I can learn from them just as much as they could learn from me. :) Each Christian has their own convictions that come through prayer and their discernment so I respect that just as I'm sure you'd respect my beliefs. As Christians, we each have our own individual relationship with God and we're still family even amongst our different views---no matter how much we might disagree on some things. As long as scripture isn't used as a weapon of hate and we remember the important thing: that we're united in our mission of loving each other and the rest of the world as Jesus loves us, then we're good. You're welcome here <3

Amen

Hello, I recently got rebaptized, but making it to church has always been difficult. Regardless, I am a proud Christain. I'm not perfect of course, and I often stumble. It's taxing at times because I still question if I have found myself or if I am doing or portryaing myself as God would want me. That and I question the living daylights on if my belief is solid (that I'm not just half-assin). I don't talk about it a lot, I should, but most of my friends are not Christain. That sometimes makes things difficult. I actually had a friend basically be surprised after my rebaptisim and then say that he hopes I enjoy my crutch.

I am. I won't identify which church I belong to, since I don't fit the perfect square.

I once heard a preacher over the radio say that in order to receive the blessing God has in store for us, we need to be humbled. He went into further detail that we must take the long roads, the ones full of hurt that make us question Gods will. I suppose pain does make one appreciate the blessing, knowing the pain we had to endure in order to receive it. But I like to think of God as merciful and full of love.
In life my greatest lessons where learned the hard way because I was unable to fully understand the advice I was given. Like myself most are unable to avoid certain pain even when given sufficient warning to avoid it. I've come to the conclusion humans can't gasp or even begin to understand something, if they have never experienced.

Yeah, I jive with Jesus. Not really attached to a denomination.

Recently "reconverted" or whatever.

Can't go wrong with the riz.

Hmmm... W-well, I certainly was raised christian/catholic (you know, mass every Sunday, midnight Christmas mass, went to sunday school, was a choir girl all my childhood, baptized, first communion, confessions, etc.) but well...

I-I dunno...

I can't really say I was ever devout (I mean as a kid do you really understand all that stuff? I did feel comfort in God back then I suppose...?) and even less now...

Well I'm Catholic that's for sure! I never liked being called a 'Christian' and it seemed rather disingenuous to the Faith to describe it as some other 'Christian denomination' but it would be interesting to see whether there are any Catholics or Orthodox on this here site. :)

i too am a Christian, not a very good one, but i try my best haha!!! im not exactly sure what denomination though i mean i was raised as a catholic but yeah with my beliefs rn i wouldn't personally consider myself a catholic. at least i think.

too am a Christian, not a very good one, but i try my best haha!!! im not exactly sure what denomination though i mean i was raised as a catholic but yeah with my beliefs rn i wouldn't personally consider myself a catholic. at least i think.
The basic way of knowing is if you believe in the fundamental cannon of the catholic church, laid out in the creed. If you believe in the things the creed says then you are catholic. If there is some part you don't believe in it, then you are not. Of course, every belief in the creed has ramifications, but that's basically it.

Well I'm Catholic that's for sure! I never liked being called a 'Christian' and it seemed rather disingenuous to the Faith to describe it as some other 'Christian denomination' but it would be interesting to see whether there are any Catholics or Orthodox on this here site. :)

*waves* I'm Orthodox.

I am a Catholic. I don’t hold the same reservations about being called a Christian, we ARE avowed disciples of Christ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back