Other Any Christians?

I was born into a Presbyterian family, and after being married, the husband and I moved to a church independent of denomination. In spite of studying the bible all my life, I'm learning new things from it everyday, and still trying to be a better person. The Christian life is a lifelong one, and I'm in it for the long haul.

i've been going to a nondenominational church since i was a little kid, and me and my family just switched to a different church when my brother moved out for college. my grandparents on my dad's side are baptist, and my grandparent's on my mom's side don't really go to church. i was baptized when i was... oh, twelve or thirteen? i was pretty young when i started believing but never got baptized until then. i've been having a bit of a faith crisis recently, though, with my struggles with my gender and sexuality, questions that i can't really raise to anyone else but Him. this turned out to be a bit longer than needed, but yes, i am a christian, going through a SEVERE faith crisis at the moment.

i've been going to a nondenominational church since i was a little kid, and me and my family just switched to a different church when my brother moved out for college. my grandparents on my dad's side are baptist, and my grandparent's on my mom's side don't really go to church. i was baptized when i was... oh, twelve or thirteen? i was pretty young when i started believing but never got baptized until then. i've been having a bit of a faith crisis recently, though, with my struggles with my gender and sexuality, questions that i can't really raise to anyone else but Him. this turned out to be a bit longer than needed, but yes, i am a christian, going through a SEVERE faith crisis at the moment.
I'm so sorry and I hope things get better for you soon! I've also struggled with my gender a lot, but I've come to accept that I am who I am for a reason, even though to this day I still come across some bumps on the road. Some days are really hard for me. But things always get better, even if it occasionally looks like they'll get worse.
Feel free to PM me if you ever just want to talk

Wow. Sounds like me exact same issue yo. If u wanna, we can talk bout it. I don mind. I can tell u bout da answer I finally came to.

Yo yo yo! Look at this lil penticostal gurl over here 💁🏼‍♀️ Grew up in a Catholic Church but moved to the Christian faith when I was a teen (dem youth groups get ya). Even did 2 years of bible college

Hmm.. Well, whether it's classified as "Christian" or not, I thought I'd put where I stand out here. I'm part of the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter-Day Saints, more commonly known as Mormon. c:

Yo yo yo! Look at this lil penticostal gurl over here 💁🏼‍♀️ Grew up in a Catholic Church but moved to the Christian faith when I was a teen (dem youth groups get ya). Even did 2 years of bible college

Catholicism is Christian, just fyi.

I haven't gone to church for a while, but yeah I would consider myself one. I'm not an athiest or a agnostic, I just haven't gone to church in a while due to how loud it is and because I have autism so it makes me very sensitive to noise.

Catholicism is Christian, just fyi.
Meant penticostal Christian faith*
It’s so odd cause Catholicism is considered Christian, but there are minor theological aspects which differ. For example, in the Catholic Church they pray to saints for guidance and protection. However, in penticostal/apostolic churches we are told to pray to only God/Jesus/Holy Spirit for guidance and protection

Meant penticostal Christian faith*
It’s so odd cause Catholicism is considered Christian, but there are minor theological aspects which differ. For example, in the Catholic Church they pray to saints for guidance and protection. However, in penticostal/apostolic churches we are told to pray to only God/Jesus/Holy Spirit for guidance and protection

Theological differences doesn't make them any less Christian. If a Christian adheres to the Nicene Creed at the very minimum then they're a proper orthodox(little "o" orthodox, not the denomination) Christian. Also, if you want to get technical they don't pray *to* saints, but rather ask for their intercession. We do it too. It's normal and has been a thing since the earliest days of Christianity. It's no different from asking a friend or family member to pray for you.

Also, if you want to get technical they don't pray *to* saints, but rather ask for their intercession. We do it too. It's normal and has been a thing since the earliest days of Christianity. It's no different from asking a friend or family member to pray for you.

Except I assume by "saints" you refer to people who are already dead. It's different from asking a living person to do so, and the living person would be praying with you, not interceding. Only Jesus can intercede for us.

Except I assume by "saints" you refer to people who are already dead. It's different from asking a living person to do so, and the living person would be praying with you, not interceding. Only Jesus can intercede for us.

Except they're not dead. They're very much alive in heaven. They are present just like God is present.

Except they're not dead. They're very much alive in heaven. They are present just like God is present.
I would still call them dead, as they have died, if nothing else to differenciate between them and virgin Mary who was lifted and never actually died.

Hmmmm.... I guess you didn't mean what people usually mean by Catholic then.

Nope. I'm Eastern Orthodox, which is distinct from Catholicism. We do, however, have more in common with Catholicism than we do Protestantism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back